Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

06' Vantage Lemon Law...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
vw121 is infamous around these parts
06' Vantage Lemon Law...

I found a 06’ Vantage for sale that was a dealer buy back due to “interior rattles” for a decent price. The car has a 12 month dealer warranty but comes with a CA Lemon Law title. How much should this title deprecate the value of the car and should I be wary of buying such a car? Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Peter J.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Unless the price is really really good, I would personally stay away. A car with a lemon law title is always much more difficult to sell. I think most dealers will not take a car on trade that has a clouded title. I looked into a lemon car in CA at Newport Beach Aston a few months back. I felt like I was getting a good deal but my buddy who buys/sells lots of high end cars warned me. He said I am better off buying a car without the clouded title because it gives you many more options when it comes time to sell. The difference is the cost of the lemon car versus a similarly equipted used one and financing costs, if any. Also, once a car has been bought back due to lemon law it is not eligible to be bought back again. Meaning, if the rattles, or anything, are problematic, you are SOL.

Adam

Old 09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
vw121 is infamous around these parts
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vw121
I found a 06’ Vantage for sale that was a dealer buy back due to “interior rattles” for a decent price. The car has a 12 month dealer warranty but comes with a CA Lemon Law title. How much should this title deprecate the value of the car and should I be wary of buying such a car?
I just saw this and am responding.

Let me assure you that car had more than "interior rattles". Rattles do not come under the provisions of CA's lemon law. CA is quite strict.

The problems have to be serious mechanical or electrical issues having required attention 4 or more times or with the car in for service for 30 days.

Don't buy the garbage from a selling dealer about rattles unles you are a glutton for punishment! The car would never sell in CA; why should it sell where you are?

I am now finishing a lemon suit with M-B. The car was in for service for 62 days and still not fixed. 2003 CL500 and it just turned 11,000 miles. They will own it in about a week, and my bank account will be richer.

Advice-run away from this car; far away.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:51 AM
saMxp is infamous around these parts
Run away! And if you think you're going to pick it up for a song - just think about all the morons out there that will gladly pick it up for near asking price.