Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

next gen vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 PM
irvineboy is infamous around these parts
next gen vantage

I couldnt find info/pics of the next gen vantage. If the Vantage came out in 2006, when can we expect the next gen?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I think they will keep the basic design for awhile (4-5 more years ?) and play w/ HP - like they did for 2009 w/ the 4.7 - bumped the HP up 40 to 420 and added a sports suspension option that is very good (and the dash/controls changed some too).
Then again Dr. Bez is pretty progressive - the negative side is current economy/lack of buyers - introducing a new product does not bring a premium price in the market right now.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
I think exterior changes in the future will be subtle...when you have an iconic shape, it doesn't need much change. The pattern will probably be similar to the 911.

What they should be doing is working on the mechanicals. As much as I love this car, the engine needs a boost. If they are holding the power output down so they don't step on the toes of DB9 buyers, they're missing the point. I like the DB9 but didn't cross shop. I cross-shopped with the 911 turbo, M6, Maserti GT, etc. People expect a certain level of performance in this price point, and if the competition has more, then that's where people will go. Buyers will always buy the DB9/DBS and other higher models because of status, prestige, a V12, and added luxury/GTness.

A factory supercharger would work here for the Vantage. Not only would it help with resales of 06-on models that could be retrofitted, but it would boost the corporate image. People would leave other marques to get a SC Vantage, which would more than compensate for any buyers of DB9s that bought Vantages instead. Dr. Bez has said that he prefers naturally-aspirated engines, and I agree, but if they can't make the power with what they've got, then they need to look at other options.

There was talk of using the AMG engines in future versions, but in the mean time I think they should put out a supercharger kit and let the public decide which is better...NA with lower HP or supercharged with 500+. People would be flocking from Porsche, as long as the driving dynamics are there. Continue to follow Porsche's model by making a few more track focused models, and they would be very successful. They are leaving a lot on the table right now.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm guessing with the HP increase in 09, they will keep it until 2011. I am guessing 2012 will be the new gen and facelift for the next Vantage.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:33 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
i'd be surprised if there was anything drastic done for the next gen. i'm willing to bet they'll make a few revisions to the ECU and in the engine bay to get more power out of the 4.7L engine. in 4 years or so, they should be able to make the changes necessary to get a good 440-450 hp out of it.

for styling, i hope they keep it pretty close to what it is now. it's an amazing design, and making abrupt changes could ruin it pretty easily. i hope Tahoe's comment about the styling progressing like the 911 proves to be true.

in the interior, it'd be nice to see some improvements in ergonomics. i've only driven an '06, not an '09, so i don't know how different the current model is, but there were a few things i noticed pretty quickly that could be changed for the better.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
The only thing I don't like are the black inserts on the front bumper and rear diffuser in the 2012+. A lot of cars are going this route. I actually prefer the full color across the bumpers.

I contacted the dealer and they said next gen is most likely 2015. Two more iterations.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
I think exterior changes in the future will be subtle...when you have an iconic shape, it doesn't need much change. The pattern will probably be similar to the 911.

What they should be doing is working on the mechanicals. As much as I love this car, the engine needs a boost. If they are holding the power output down so they don't step on the toes of DB9 buyers, they're missing the point. I like the DB9 but didn't cross shop. I cross-shopped with the 911 turbo, M6, Maserti GT, etc. People expect a certain level of performance in this price point, and if the competition has more, then that's where people will go. Buyers will always buy the DB9/DBS and other higher models because of status, prestige, a V12, and added luxury/GTness.

A factory supercharger would work here for the Vantage. Not only would it help with resales of 06-on models that could be retrofitted, but it would boost the corporate image. People would leave other marques to get a SC Vantage, which would more than compensate for any buyers of DB9s that bought Vantages instead. Dr. Bez has said that he prefers naturally-aspirated engines, and I agree, but if they can't make the power with what they've got, then they need to look at other options.

There was talk of using the AMG engines in future versions, but in the mean time I think they should put out a supercharger kit and let the public decide which is better...NA with lower HP or supercharged with 500+. People would be flocking from Porsche, as long as the driving dynamics are there. Continue to follow Porsche's model by making a few more track focused models, and they would be very successful. They are leaving a lot on the table right now.
Totally agree. Could not of put it better myself

Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
2008? Holy crap! Talk about resurrecting an old thread!

Old 06-29-2013, 05:52 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Let's talk about the next gen Vantage that will be coming out in 2009.