Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 gt4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
V8 gt4

http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option...876&Itemid=229

This may be old news but its the first I have seen on it.
2950lbs WITH a proper roll bar/harness bar. That is awesome. And the 4.7 power plant. This is a car that I would love to own. Sticker is just over $140US.

Anyone have more info?

Old 12-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
How many hp?

Old 12-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
How many hp?
That's the one thing they haven't said in any of the articles about the car, or even on Aston Martin's own website. It's modified with exhaust, software, and intake, but for some reason they don't say how much power it's making.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
is it street legal?

Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
That's the one thing they haven't said in any of the articles about the car, or even on Aston Martin's own website. It's modified with exhaust, software, and intake, but for some reason they don't say how much power it's making.
Over 500 hp is my guess

Old 12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by lawin
is it street legal?
Yes it is.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Yes it is.

very very cool. i want one.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:59 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Very cool. I can't wait to see the seats too.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Over 500 hp is my guess
That would be nice, but probably a bit optimistic. The N24 only added 30 hp to the base 4.3. I'd expect more like 450-460 for this version, but it will be much lighter so it will still be much faster.

And yes it should be street legal, but you wouldn't want to drive one on the street for any extended period, due to lack of usual creature comforts. The interior is very stripped, there's no AC, radio, or airbags, and the side windows are lightweight plastic that don't roll down.

There was a Top Gear episode where one of the guys drove an N24 while the others had a GT3RS and a Gallardo Superleggera...the N24 was the least user friendly by far.

Last edited by Tahoe M3; 12-30-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Banned
That would be nice, but probably a bit optimistic. The N24 only added 30 hp to the base 4.3. I'd expect more like 450-460 for this version, but it will be much lighter so it will still be much faster.
Remember that the V8 GT2(4.3 l) makes around 480 hp...

Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Remember that the V8 GT2(4.3 l) makes around 480 hp...
Yes, that's true, but this is a GT4 spec car, not a GT2 spec car. This new GT4 is a newer version of the N24 consumer race car for individual use (the N24 was their previous GT4 spec car), not the GT2 which was for GT2 class teams. The DBR9 is their GT1 class car.

Aston Martin even says so on their press release...

"The new Vantage GT4 builds on the success of its predecessor, the 4.3 litre Vantage N24."

The previous GT2 had a fully built motor, all sorts of body mods, and was overall a more extreme car for a tougher class. I have no doubt that when Aston Martin comes out with a GT2 spec car based on the 4.7L it will, as you suggest, have more than 500 hp.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of

And yes it should be street legal, but you wouldn't want to drive one on the street for any extended period, due to lack of usual creature comforts. The interior is very stripped, there's no AC, radio, or airbags, and the side windows are lightweight plastic that don't roll down.

There was a Top Gear episode where one of the guys drove an N24 while the others had a GT3RS and a Gallardo Superleggera...the N24 was the least user friendly by far.
Do you know more about this car than stated in the article or are you just speculating based on the Top Gear episode??
I saw that episode as well but I dont see anywhere in the story that they say no ac etc. I doubt it will not have ac and basic comforts as they say it will retain all available driver aids.
We made several long trips in the stradale and it was just fine. Maybe not the kind of car you crank out 600 miles per day on the interstate but just fine for longer weekends etc. And the thrill keeps you alert!

I would think there would be more info on the car and interior pics etc if its supposed to be available next month!!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Do you know more about this car than stated in the article or are you just speculating based on the Top Gear episode??
I saw that episode as well but I dont see anywhere in the story that they say no ac etc. I doubt it will not have ac and basic comforts as they say it will retain all available driver aids.
We made several long trips in the stradale and it was just fine. Maybe not the kind of car you crank out 600 miles per day on the interstate but just fine for longer weekends etc. And the thrill keeps you alert!

I would think there would be more info on the car and interior pics etc if its supposed to be available next month!!
It's all in the article on Aston Martin's own website.

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/theca...age/vantagegt4

AC is removed. It is an option. No radio. And the car in Top Gear did not have AC. Remember how hot he got so he wanted to roll down the window but couldn't? This is a track car...not one you'd want to take for a weekend trip with the gf, especially considering that there's no passenger seat unless you add it. The Stradale was not as stripped as this car.

Here's the highlight video from Top Gear..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUF-N8BsBmU

Attached Images   

Last edited by Tahoe M3; 12-30-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned
Is the first time when i see a pic of the int, is that a motec display on the dash of the second pic?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Is the first time when i see a pic of the int, is that a motec display on the dash of the second pic?
Essentially, yes. Aston's website lists it as "· Panel graphics illuminated by electroluminescent film."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8 gt4