Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sport Shift Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 05:14 AM
akshon is infamous around these parts
Sport Shift Software

Hello all.

Any one have any experience with the remapped ecu for the Sport Shift tranny?

I purchased mine with Sport Shift since I already had a gt3 but to be honest its really lazy and slow. My mom can probably shift faster than the current tranny and im regretting my decision.

It helps if i step off the throttle a bit when i shift but still not good enough.

RSC and Paramount have an application. Any feedback please.

Thanks

Old 05-09-2009, 05:45 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I just received my sport shift remap from PARAMOUNT Yesterday. I am having it installed on Monday or Tuesday. I will update info after that. Paramount was great to deal with. It was scary to send my module to the UK but it was really no problem.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Something is wrong with your tranny. My V8V in Sport mode shifts as hard as my M3 did... No upgrades, no ECU remapping, just an aftermarket exhaust.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akshon
Hello all.

Any one have any experience with the remapped ecu for the Sport Shift tranny?

I purchased mine with Sport Shift since I already had a gt3 but to be honest its really lazy and slow. My mom can probably shift faster than the current tranny and im regretting my decision.

It helps if i step off the throttle a bit when i shift but still not good enough.

RSC and Paramount have an application. Any feedback please.

Thanks
Yeah that sportshift tranny is a bit country club for my liking. PM me or email me at Stuart@RSCtuning.com and I'd be happy to help set you up with one of our sportshift maps. Most of the Aston Dealers are RSC authorized dealers so depending upon your location we can probably get it done at your local dealer.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I just received my sport shift remap from PARAMOUNT Yesterday. I am having it installed on Monday or Tuesday. I will update info after that. Paramount was great to deal with. It was scary to send my module to the UK but it was really no problem.

Thanks. Please post impressions when you do install the sw.

btw im copying you on the side skirts. was gonna do cargraphic but you showed us that oem versions of that side skirt can be had.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 AM
prb001 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Have an 07 AMV8 w/SS also and new to this forum. Forgive me if I intrude, however.my questions are the same as akshon's. I too would greatly appreciate your posting impressions after you do the install and anyone else's experiences w/ SS tranny remap with any details on what the remap really changes.

Thanks

Old 05-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prb001
Have an 07 AMV8 w/SS also and new to this forum. Forgive me if I intrude, however.my questions are the same as akshon's. I too would greatly appreciate your posting impressions after you do the install and anyone else's experiences w/ SS tranny remap with any details on what the remap really changes.

Thanks
Just copied you on the message I sent to akshon.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
For everyone else as well:

I just finished a 3500 mile trip in our company Vantage (there's a thread in the forum with some pics & stuff). I had never driven a sportshift so I asked the guys at Park Place in Seattle to let me take out an '09. My reaction was the same as yours.... "WTF, is this it??? I can swap cogs faster than this in my sleep." I also didn't like the way it cut the power on the change - it's like there's a bit of a pause when the gear has engaged before you get full power back.

I don't have any specific data on the reduction in shift times for our program but I can tell you that since we started selling these they have been flying out the door. Especially to our Aston Main Dealers in Europe (where I think people are more used to a manual and maybe they find the sportshift a bit too vague and slow). Every Aston dealer we sell one to ends up ordering several more within a couple of weeks. Totally transforms the way the car drives - faster more direct shifts, both up and down through the box, very much reminds me of the way the E-gear shifts in our Gallardo. Just way less country club all around.

There is no juddering or jerkiness at all, and the feedback from our Aston dealers is that customers actually feel like it is smoother to drive (even though it shifts more aggressively) because it feels more direct and linear.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:07 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
We should organize a group buy from RSC...

Old 05-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
We should organize a group buy from RSC...
No problem, we would be happy to arrange a group buy if there is enough interest from 6speeders. We would still prefer to send you to your closest dealer (I'm guessing Park Place in your case? If so, you're in luck - Monte, Ryan & Vince have all driven our fully modified car and love our stuff. Real car guys)

If we go ahead with a group buy we can make sure that the discount is passed on to all 6speeders by whichever authorised RSC dealer they choose to use.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Group Buy would be great!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
No problem, we would be happy to arrange a group buy if there is enough interest from 6speeders. We would still prefer to send you to your closest dealer (I'm guessing Park Place in your case? If so, you're in luck - Monte, Ryan & Vince have all driven our fully modified car and love our stuff. Real car guys)

If we go ahead with a group buy we can make sure that the discount is passed on to all 6speeders by whichever authorised RSC dealer they choose to use.
My car came back from Park Place not too long ago. Vince did an awesome job on a recall oil leak issue. I am very-very satisfied with them. Unfortunately they are 500 miles away from me and I would have to do the remap software in conjunction with an annual checkup or some else. I would say let's agree on price and I guess we will take it from there.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
My car came back from Park Place not too long ago. Vince did an awesome job on a recall oil leak issue. I am very-very satisfied with them. Unfortunately they are 500 miles away from me and I would have to do the remap software in conjunction with an annual checkup or some else. I would say let's agree on price and I guess we will take it from there.
I spent quite a bit of time at Park Place - left our car there for 2 weeks etc. If all dealers were as friendly and laid back(in a good way) as they are then I'd be buying cars left right & center!

The process of removing the gearbox ECU is actually relatively simple and it would just be a case of boxing it up and sending it to our offices in England to be re-programmed. Let me try and get a hold of Vince tomorrow and see what he thinks because he could probably talk you through it in 5 minutes over the phone if he's comfortable doing that. You'd still need to purchase it from Park Place but then you don't have to wait so long!

BTW - it might be 500 miles but it's probably 500 miles of the nicest emptiest roads in the country....

Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
OK, good news and bad news. Bad news first, my modules have been reinstalled but I literally had 10 minutes to drive the car. The shifts are quicker and smoother. The acceleration is also improved. The installler has experience with the 4.7 vantage and tells me that my car is very close if not even with it. He did say that the 4.7 seemed to have a little more torque at the bottom but he was very impressed with the shifting. I need about an hour on a couple different kind of roads before I really have a strong opinion. I will post my thoughts as I have time in the car. My first impression is that my car is faster and more responsive in the shifting department.