Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:06 PM
GameTheory is infamous around these parts
Is this the loudest Paramount exhaust?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojlvv...eature=related

Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GameTheory
I have a manual so without the sportshift remap and just the ECU it'll be ~1000? That includes shipping to England and back?

Seems like everyone went RSC exhaust and cats over Quicksilver - but I would also consider the Paramount package for all three items if they gave me a good deal. Side skirts, front bumper and lights would be the last things on my priority list, but will look into that later this year probably. As for the lights, I want to go the smoked looked with dark rims and just make the car all dark, but that's a preference of mine. Especially since I have red brake calipers and think the dark rims will make that stand out. Also, for the side skirts - did Silicon Valley paint the skirts for you?

Michael - who made your interior lights? That is actually something I think would be very practical as the stock cabin lights are very dim.

And as a final general question since I am a relatively new AM owner - I'm assuming all these parts you had shipped to and installed by the dealer? Any warranty issues with the ECU remap or aftermarket exhaust that I should be aware of? Thanks guys!
I think the official answer on this kind of stuff is that Aston Martin wouldn't be that happy about it being on you car, but it is all reversible and easy to keep quiet. The key for us at RSC is to work with the Aston main dealers - ie customers buy from the dealership rather than direct from us. The advantage with this approach is that if the dealer is the one who sold you the upgrades and you do have a problem they're not going to rat you out...

If you're interested in this stuff talk to Kirk McNeil or Matt Nolan at Aston Martin Lotus of New England (I'm assuming they are your local dealer). They are an authorized RSC dealer and fully up to speed on our products.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GameTheory
I have a manual so without the sportshift remap and just the ECU it'll be ~1000? That includes shipping to England and back?

Seems like everyone went RSC exhaust and cats over Quicksilver - but I would also consider the Paramount package for all three items if they gave me a good deal. Side skirts, front bumper and lights would be the last things on my priority list, but will look into that later this year probably. As for the lights, I want to go the smoked looked with dark rims and just make the car all dark, but that's a preference of mine. Especially since I have red brake calipers and think the dark rims will make that stand out. Also, for the side skirts - did Silicon Valley paint the skirts for you?

Michael - who made your interior lights? That is actually something I think would be very practical as the stock cabin lights are very dim.

And as a final general question since I am a relatively new AM owner - I'm assuming all these parts you had shipped to and installed by the dealer? Any warranty issues with the ECU remap or aftermarket exhaust that I should be aware of? Thanks guys!
I think with the exchange rate, the ECU alone is about $1200. It cost me about $85 to Fed ex it to England. They paid to ship it back. It takes about 4-5 days to turn around because of customs and the time difference going to England. Most Aston dealerships sell quicksilver and it is a bolt-on with no warranty concerns. The ECU is a little foggier. If your dealership installs it I would assume that they would honor the warranty. I'm told that the ECU remap is not eveident unless the tech plugs into it and specifically looks for the change.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 AM
GameTheory is infamous around these parts
Stuart - Yes you would be correct, I know Kirk and Matt well - great people and I will definitely speak to them.

Jay, thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
prb001 - My final config on car (a 6 speed, manual) is springs, 200 cell cats, most quiet exhaust all from RSC (and the sound is still - how shall I say - good and loud when you get your foot into it). AM Power Kit - which is SW and all their other little mods - but I went one step further and added K&N air filters (AM Power Kit uses stock filters) and I drilled out my air boxes w/ a bunch of holes (not for the faint of heart and you really need to watch driving thru deep puddles/water). Also have a clear bra, Loyd mats, and some cool LED interior light bulbs that are brighter than stock - they have a blue hugh more like the dash.

As for the LED lights ... I did a write-up here a few months ago. Let me see if I can find the company and part numbers. It is an easy install - basically just changing interior bulbs for the over head lights, foot area, and those in the trunk too.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
On this subject, has anyone explored brighter LED's in the front like an R8?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:29 AM
prb001 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
prb001 - My final config on car (a 6 speed, manual) is springs, 200 cell cats, most quiet exhaust all from RSC (and the sound is still - how shall I say - good and loud when you get your foot into it). AM Power Kit - which is SW and all their other little mods - but I went one step further and added K&N air filters (AM Power Kit uses stock filters) and I drilled out my air boxes w/ a bunch of holes (not for the faint of heart and you really need to watch driving thru deep puddles/water). Also have a clear bra, Loyd mats, and some cool LED interior light bulbs that are brighter than stock - they have a blue hugh more like the dash.

As for the LED lights ... I did a write-up here a few months ago. Let me see if I can find the company and part numbers. It is an easy install - basically just changing interior bulbs for the over head lights, foot area, and those in the trunk too.
Thanks Michael 996TT - that is one cool powered up AM!

I finally bought my 07 AM w/F1 (couldn't resist any longer - it is simply beautiful and the F1 got it past the wife) and realized it needed some tweaking. Still trying to sort out the differences between the AM power upgrade and RSC/paramount ecu mod besides AM's extra air. Does the AM power upgrade seem to add anything to the low end in your opinion? I've read it only boosts over 5k r's where the power band drops off. I'm very interested in your's and Jaymoney's thoughts.

Thanks again!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by prb001
Thanks Michael 996TT - that is one cool powered up AM!

I finally bought my 07 AM w/F1 (couldn't resist any longer - it is simply beautiful and the F1 got it past the wife) and realized it needed some tweaking. Still trying to sort out the differences between the AM power upgrade and RSC/paramount ecu mod besides AM's extra air. Does the AM power upgrade seem to add anything to the low end in your opinion? I've read it only boosts over 5k r's where the power band drops off. I'm very interested in your's and Jaymoney's thoughts.

Thanks again!
I had originally thought about the AM power pack with the better programming from Paramount but I am still considering a supercharger which replaces some of the AM power parts. Also, I couldn't seem to find a dealer within 2 hrs of me that would install the power kit for less than $6000 which I think is steep for what you get. If I were you, I would get the quietest sports exhaust + CATs + K&N filter + ECU and the most important mod, the sports shift flash. This combo is a little over $6000 but short of a supercharger, I think it is the best combo for price and punch. Then if you decide to add a suoercharger, your gains will be additive (I'm told). The sports shift was most important to me because the change really improves the use of the car. I like the SS but now the echanges are quicker and it's easier to get the power back after down shifts. If you have any questions about exterior changes, end me a PM. I have done a lot there as well

Old 05-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I had originally thought about the AM power pack with the better programming from Paramount but I am still considering a supercharger which replaces some of the AM power parts. Also, I couldn't seem to find a dealer within 2 hrs of me that would install the power kit for less than $6000 which I think is steep for what you get. If I were you, I would get the quietest sports exhaust + CATs + K&N filter + ECU and the most important mod, the sports shift flash. This combo is a little over $6000 but short of a supercharger, I think it is the best combo for price and punch. Then if you decide to add a suoercharger, your gains will be additive (I'm told). The sports shift was most important to me because the change really improves the use of the car. I like the SS but now the echanges are quicker and it's easier to get the power back after down shifts. If you have any questions about exterior changes, end me a PM. I have done a lot there as well
I think you're right Jay. At $6000, or frankly even $5000 the AM power upgrade isn't good bang for your buck. I met a pretty high ranking Aston Martin employee a few weeks ago and let him drive our car. They were really impressed with the gains, but when I asked how it stacked up against the Aston power pack the honest response was that there wasn't really that much improvement from the power pack and that they didn't really notice much difference.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks jaymoney for taking your time and replying. Your opinion is taken seriously! But right now my baby sprang an oil leak in the top end and is at the dealers for warranty repair. I know all british cars get a leak - it's british, but this one has me concerned and will investigate further. Have you ever heard of a top end leak where all seals had to be replaced? What would cause?

Thanks

Old 05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
pbr001 - the oil leak sounds the same as sonickrack, others and myself had. Leaves a small puddle on the garage floor - passenger side ? No big deal (faulty part from supplier) and is a warrenty items that I am surprised previous owner did not experience sooner. Again if the same reason - sounds like you already have it at the shop so we will wait to hear their explanation.

Mine happened so long ago I can not remember the part name ! I'll check my papers if you have any questions ...

Also had a bracket that holds one of the belts in place ... was actually not bent but formed at a slightly wrong angle ... again known issue on the earlier cars ... covered by warrenty. Other than that I have just had a lock issue from the key remote ... they are still working that one (possible the latch mechanism is a bit short and not fully engaging ... SW fix factory tried did not quite fix it).

Other than that (3 items) car has been great.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Michael 996TT - Yes to the oil spots. Will report the dealers explanations when received. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
JeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant future
Michael; which is QUIETER?

QS exhaust (sport) and ESC cats, or
RSC exhaust (which one?) and RSC cats

I have Tubi (stage one the quieter one) and RSC cats; and its way way too loud for me?

appreciate your recommendations.

Jeff

Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
Exclamation

Originally Posted by JeffRB
Michael; which is QUIETER?

QS exhaust (sport) and ESC cats, or
RSC exhaust (which one?) and RSC cats

I have Tubi (stage one the quieter one) and RSC cats; and its way way too loud for me?

appreciate your recommendations.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I'm not too familiar with Tubi sound levels but I do know ours relative to QS. Our Supersports is just a little bit quieter than the QS Supersports (about 10-15%). When we first produced the cats we specifically created a Sports system which is about 50% quieter than than our Supersports. It has 4.5" of silencing perforation in each transverse pipe versus 3" on the Supersports (and 2" on QS Supersports). I don't know the volume levels on the Tubi too well but this car here has got the 200 cell cats and 4.5" perf system. Still pretty loud, possibly a bit louder than the 3" system without cats but not too over the top. This is the setup Michael has as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGhoj...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5V0a...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5VAc...eature=related

We are also able to produce customised sound levels but this often takes 6-8 weeks depending upon when our next batch is scheduled for completion.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
JeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant future
Michael: Stu and Hershel are recommending to me the 4.5 baffle RSC exhaust. They say that you have this one as well as the 200 cats.

How is it? Do you have a recording of it?

This is probably what I will end up with. Jeff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mods