Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:56 AM
legbend is infamous around these parts
Vantage Ownership

The used Vantage market is looking really nice... what can you guys tell me about owning a Vantage? Any "common" issues? What's the maintenance like? Things you love? Things you hate? Etc...

Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
PitbullSL500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by legbend
The used Vantage market is looking really nice... what can you guys tell me about owning a Vantage? Any "common" issues? What's the maintenance like? Things you love? Things you hate? Etc...
I got 38% off the cars original MSRP for a 2008 with around 4K miles on it. My dealer annual maintance cost is less then $500. From what I've read on all the sites from owners that post it is very dependable with few problems. The newer you buy the better. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Love... pretty much everything. There are a couple of issues that other guys have highlighted in one or two of the other threads on the forum - oil drip, locks.

No hates at all but make sure you're a member of the AA because I guarantee that at some point during your ownership the battery will die on you - the car eats juice for some reason! (and for when it does happen - the battery is behind the passenger seat!)

Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 AM
astondude is infamous around these parts
It's a pretty reliable car but again I don't drive it everyday. For the first year, you just need to worry about oil change and a few basic stuff. First service is at 10K miles or 12 months. I don't know cost cause I have not done it but it should not run more than $800 for entire service (checks etc and oil change). I think oil change alone is around $250-300 but I got my first one free at 1000 miles like everyone else. The only thing is be sure to buy extended warranty (preferable from dealer) at $2000-2500 a year. It's a bit expensive but it's worth it because the Aston will cost a lot to fix any little thing and you don't want to drive the car without warranty.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
GameTheory is infamous around these parts
I wasn't sure when the last time mine was serviced when I first bought it so I went ahead and got a two-year service on it. It cost about $1,500.

I had some minor problems with it at first that was the fault of the dealership I bought it from, not AM or the dealership up here. Very happy with the car so far.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
What are the oil drip and lock issues, and how are they resolved? My nearest dealership is Aston Martin of Tampa. Anybody have experience with them?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:35 PM
PitbullSL500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GameTheory
I wasn't sure when the last time mine was serviced when I first bought it so I went ahead and got a two-year service on it. It cost about $1,500.

I had some minor problems with it at first that was the fault of the dealership I bought it from, not AM or the dealership up here. Very happy with the car so far.
I'm getting my annual done next week and also having the brake fluid changed and was quoted $500 for the whole thing.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 PM
GameTheory is infamous around these parts
The guys up here must be slow because even the 1-year was quoted at $700.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 PM
irvineboy is infamous around these parts
Do Vantage owners recommend going to the dealer or any specialized shops taht deal with AMs?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Andym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really nice
What are the oil drip and lock issues, and how are they resolved? My nearest dealership is Aston Martin of Tampa. Anybody have experience with them?
I wouldn't say I had an "experience" per say, but I went to go drool over the blue on tan Spyker they had there a couple months ago and everyone was extremely nice, I was surprised!

Usually at a dealer of that caliber, all the salespeople can be, well, ****** the second they find out you're not buying a car.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Andym
I wouldn't say I had an "experience" per say, but I went to go drool over the blue on tan Spyker they had there a couple months ago and everyone was extremely nice, I was surprised!

Usually at a dealer of that caliber, all the salespeople can be, well, ****** the second they find out you're not buying a car.
i had the same experience at a dealer in Charlotte. went to drool and the entire staff was extremely nice. one even asked me if i wanted to test drive an AMV8V, which i did. no pressure to buy at all, too. i'm definitely hoping to have a similar experience when i make my purchase.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:13 PM
lucky6600 is infamous around these parts
I visited AM of New England few months back. I almost pulled the trigger, but few inches of the snow killed it. The sales manager, Pat, was really nice and let me and my wife took a V8 vantage out. I will def. go back there in few month when the time comes and they have the car that I want or even have my service there.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
How many of you daily drive your Vantage? What's the average/current mileage?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
my buddy just put his up for soft sale for $80K, it's an 08, 6spd w/ the $3K factory sport exhaust upgrade. Only 7200 miles on it......

Old 05-22-2009, 09:12 AM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
How many of you daily drive your Vantage? What's the average/current mileage?
I drive mine pretty much every day. It is a wonderful car. I like it much better than my previous ride which was a 996TT. It is no where near as fast but the overall package to me is more fun. I have had no real problems other than a squeak in the trunk. The dealer will fix it but I am too lazy to bring it in when the weather is nice.

Adam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage Ownership