Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anybody Install Aftermarket Exhaust Themself?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Anybody Install Aftermarket Exhaust Themself?

I am thinking of purchasing an aftermarket exhaust. I assume this is a relatively easy bolt-on process. I am not doing the cats at this time simply the rear box. I am pretty mechanically inclined and have access to a lift. Anyone install a Quicksilver or the like themselves? It seems pretty easy. My dealer wants $450 for the install but I honestly enjoy doing some of the work myself. Any tips or tricks?

TIA,
Adam

Old 06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alevine
I am thinking of purchasing an aftermarket exhaust. I assume this is a relatively easy bolt-on process. I am not doing the cats at this time simply the rear box. I am pretty mechanically inclined and have access to a lift. Anyone install a Quicksilver or the like themselves? It seems pretty easy. My dealer wants $450 for the install but I honestly enjoy doing some of the work myself. Any tips or tricks?

TIA,
Adam
Hey Adam,

It is a relatively easy thing to do. There are a couple of advantages in working through a dealer but provided you have an adequate set of tools and the space to do it you shouldn't find it too hard. I'm by no means a professional mechanic but I would be comfortable doing an install myself. There are one or two little tricks and you sometimes need to adjust the tips a couple of times to get them perfect but it's not rocket science.

I wouldn't advocate anyone doing this themselves until I was familiar with their level of experience but if you drop me a PM I'd be happy to guide you through the install process on an RSC system.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM
tphnet is infamous around these parts
Easy installation.....

HI Adam.....installed the Quicksilver on my car twice, the "SuperSports" was too loud so I exchanged it for the "Sport". You should have no problem.....need torx drivers for the pan, sockets, wrench.....some patience. Oh and heat the gaskets with a propane torch to make them easier to remove from your existing exhaust.

Scott

Old 06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tphnet
HI Adam.....installed the Quicksilver on my car twice, the "SuperSports" was too loud so I exchanged it for the "Sport". You should have no problem.....need torx drivers for the pan, sockets, wrench.....some patience. Oh and heat the gaskets with a propane torch to make them easier to remove from your existing exhaust.

Scott
Scott:

Cool. I have all of the above in my tool box. Sounds like it will be easy. Thanks for the response.

Adam