Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Spacers for use with MY09 AM sportspack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DocN
Thanks, now I understand.

I implicitly assumed that spacers from lets say 10mm onwards do have a wheel centric lip too. I never saw some without.
Contrary to what others might say or post, your assumption is not valid, since the vast majority of spacers are hubcentric (as you would expect since you've got to drill a hole anyway!) but are NOT wheel centric. You can search all over the internet and you will find the majority of spacers are not wheel centric. It's a lot more work to make them that way since you just can't make a hole; you've got to make several machining passes to get 3 diameters rather than just one.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
So what has everyone done so far for spacers on the stock wheels?

Old 09-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I ordered a set from RSC - not rec'd yet. Expect them in a week or two, then will install w/ my stock 19" wheels.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:48 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Let me know what you think after you put them on.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Will do - I have a great benchmark - just installed Porsche brand spacers on my wifes Cayman S. Made a nice change in "steering feel/handling" in addition to looks.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Michael you should have your spacers any day now as we sorted the studs out which is what we were waiting on. Would love to see some before/after shots once you get them.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Stuart - thanks for the update - BTW we changed shipping to C2 for install. Also there are rumors of a full suspension system coming out for the Vantage - can you comment yet ?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
No.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:42 PM
stearnsn is infamous around these parts
My front spacers are working out ok. (10mm re-made from RSC units that did not work)

It is still a takes patience when changing the front wheels because without the centering ring it helps to get the first torque while in the air. It is very easy to get them just a little off and strip a lug nut.

Hershel offered to send me some studs once he gets them sorted out for the rear so I may re-machine the spacers he sent me and try the rears as well this winter. I'll report in when I get them installed.

So far the change has not been too noticeable, my wheels clear the Brembos now though.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stearnsn
My front spacers are working out ok. (10mm re-made from RSC units that did not work)

It is still a takes patience when changing the front wheels because without the centering ring it helps to get the first torque while in the air. It is very easy to get them just a little off and strip a lug nut.

Hershel offered to send me some studs once he gets them sorted out for the rear so I may re-machine the spacers he sent me and try the rears as well this winter. I'll report in when I get them installed.

So far the change has not been too noticeable, my wheels clear the Brembos now though.
Nick I just spoke to Hersh, your studs for the rears are shipping tomorrow. We've now got the center machining sorted - I think the original measurement was off somehow so future sets shouldn't have this problem. We are also going to be sticking with set 5mm increments in the future due to big delays in getting studs custom machined.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks Stuart,

5mm increments makes sense to me since these are kind of specialized.

Having a centering ring really makes wheel changing easier. Has anyone installed a set yet? I received the box of lug bolts last week from RSC and they are not the press-in type like the stock ones. They are just plain bolts, threaded all the way to the head. They also don't appear to be tapered at the ends like the stock ones.

I'd like to know for sure these will work before I take everything apart.

Anyone done theirs yet?

Attached Images  

Last edited by stearnsn; 09-22-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Former Vendor
RSC Spacers Update

Hi Guys,

Posted some stuff in the braking thread but will update this as well. We finally have everything sorted for wheel spacers and will be offering them in 10, 15 & 20mm standard sizes. It turned out to be an absolute mission to source appropriate studs (although we now how 9.8 steel, which is two grades above what is normally used in automotive applications). Thanks again to those who helped us in development, I know it was a hassle. If it is any consolation, the final cost in producing these ended up being more than some of you guys paid for your complete set! Our price on these is going to be $695.00 and they will be made to each customer's order so will probably take about 3 weeks.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
November update - I received the "new sorted" spacers and studs from RSC and will install them later this week. Will try and get some before/after pictures for all to see. I am using these spacers w/ current set up of stock 2007 AM 19" wheels and RSC springs.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 PM
update

Stuart was suppose to send some for my rears but I haven't seen them yet.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stearnsn
Stuart was suppose to send some for my rears but I haven't seen them yet.
I've had to send them to the machine shop. We have only been able to source them in 78mm lengths, which means they have to be machined down. I thought we still had enough machined studs left but I was mistaken.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spacers for use with MY09 AM sportspack