Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Do I need an oil change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Do I need an oil change?

Hello guys,

Not sure if this question has been asked before or not. I had an oil leak that was fixed by the Park Place, WA dealership. It was covered by a recall, they came and picked up the car and brought it back sometime in March if I recall correctly. The last time the Vantage was serviced was in July of 2008 somewhere near San Francisco. I am 100% positive that the oil leak fix encompassed an oil change therefore my question: Do I need to schedule an oil change as the 1 year is almost up. Will I get a message that oil change is due ? Not sure what to do, and thanks for all those who will reply with their info.

Lev

Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM
rick-dms- is infamous around these parts
hi the service does not just entail an oil and filter change, also the service warning will display after a year, hope this helps

Old 07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Rick,

Thanks for the first input. Would you be kind and elaborate on what else does the 1 year service come with and how much would it generally cost ? Ballpark figure... Thanks again.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I think the annual service includes a brake flush as well. Attached is a copy of the maintenance schedule with the recommended services. I paid around $700 or so for the 12 month oil change and brake flush from my local dealer. I hope this helps.

Adam

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Maintenance Schedule.pdf (55.7 KB, 163 views)
Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Adam,

Thanks a lot for the file. I guess I have to get it to WA state somehow, I don't think they will pick it up this time

Last edited by SonicKrack; 07-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
$700 is not even that bad compared to the quote for the 24 months service I got a couple of minutes ago from Aston Martin of Calgary:

"Good morning,
The second annual service will cost $ 1357.65 + GST."

Old 07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
rog2961 is infamous around these parts
just diy its an oil change...

Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM
I will deffinetly give it a shot

Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
GameTheory is infamous around these parts
When I talked to the guys at the dealership, they mentioned that an oil change was good for 1 year or 10,000 miles...I haven't driven mine 10,000 miles, have you?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
Ask for the details on the second service ... I did not have them do a few things as they were not necessary ... like change the air filters ... if you can change the oil you can drop K&N's in there. Final 2 yr. bill was a little over $600 US and that did include the oil change.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Michael,

Thanks for the info. I followed your instructions on changing the air filters and a DIY is as good as the instructions. Your instructions were perfect and easy to follow, however I have had a hard time finding a complete oil change DIY. I spoke to Calgary today and mentioned that I want to supply my own oil, which I have a whole box left over from my M3. That should reduce my bill by a couple of hundred bucks, as they charge $24.50/quart. I would do the oil change if I could reset the Maintenance clock myself. Also, if I sell the car, the next owner will be looking for the 24 month service bill. Before commiting to buy, I asked for faxed copies of most work orders before flying to SF...

Last edited by SonicKrack; 07-24-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
I would like to do my own simple maintenance, both because I like to tinker and second because simply put it saves a lot of coin. I have done my research and know that I can either go to BMW and get oil there, or just get Mobil 1. What I do have a question about is other maintenance performed at these times. I read somewhere about a brake flush, but to my knowledge that is only done on the first service, correct? Is there some document or somwhere on here which states what is performed at the given maintenance schedule?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 AM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I posted the maintenance schedule above. You may want to read the entire post.

Adam

Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
I just saw the PDF, I'm blind. thanks

Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by rick-dms-
hi the service does not just entail an oil and filter change, also the service warning will display after a year, hope this helps
It's been more than a year now and no maintenance messages on my dash... yet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do I need an oil change?