Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Gear Box Remap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 AM
fsdell is infamous around these parts
Gear Box Remap

Want to asked what is the different between RSC and Paramount Performance gear box remap, also where is than chips, is easy to take out?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I believe they have the same program. I think it's in the trunk. I had mine done and it does make a big difference.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I believe they have the same program. I think it's in the trunk. I had mine done and it does make a big difference.
I am seriously thinking about doing this as well. Did you purchase your from RSC or Paramount? How easy is it to remove the TCU? Are the shifts much quicker? Did you do the work at the same time as other work? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by alevine
I am seriously thinking about doing this as well. Did you purchase your from RSC or Paramount? How easy is it to remove the TCU? Are the shifts much quicker? Did you do the work at the same time as other work? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam
I sent mine to paramount. RSC sends the chip to the UK as well. So I figured if it is the same program, I would minimize the chance of something happening in shipment with one less trip. Paramount also did my ECU. I think the net cost for both was around $1850. I had an Aston tech that I am friends with pull my chips. It took around 30 mins. You have to take off the tire to pull the ECU but the shift chip is in the trunk and is easier. The shifting change is more significant than the ECU. I do fell more torque and better acceleration but the response in the shifting is much better. What I've learned is that the shift happens a lot faster in the depression of the paddle. So you are in gear up or down faster with out pulling the paddle all the way to the column. Shipping was easy. Paramount gives you all of the info you need and if you go to a Fed ex local with experience in over seas transport it will be no problem. My chips took about 5 days to get back because it got their on a Thursday. and Monday was a holiday in England. When you ship it, for customs it should be listed as a warrantied repair. I would definitely do it again. I have a quicksilver exhaust and K&N filters on the car as well and I think even with out the sports cats, I am close or equal to a 4.7.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaymoney
RSC sends the chip to the UK as well... I would minimize the chance of something happening in shipment with one less trip.
Hi Guys,

Just so you know, you don't have to ship your ECU to RSC twice, just once to our office in the UK.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Hi Guys,

Just so you know, you don't have to ship your ECU to RSC twice, just once to our office in the UK.
Stuart:

So if we purchase the TCU remap from you do we ship it directly to Paramount? Is your software the same as Paramount? Any differences?

Also, do you have any literature on how to remove the TCU and ECU?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Stuart:

So if we purchase the TCU remap from you do we ship it directly to Paramount? Is your software the same as Paramount? Any differences?

Also, do you have any literature on how to remove the TCU and ECU?

Thanks,
Adam
Hi Adam,

If you purchase the TCU from RSC you just send it directly to our UK office:

RSC Tuning Europe
Lakeside, Shillinglee
Godalming, Surrey
United Kingdom
GU8 4SX

We remap it and send it back. The TCU on the Vantage is behind the trunk liner on the right-hand side along the fender. Pretty easy to get at and remove, just unscrew the retainers and unplug. As with the engine ECU, it's important that you don't turn the ignition on once you have removed it, until it is back in situ, plugged in and secured.

The other important thing is that whoever removes and packs it (I'm assuming you'll do your own based on your mechanical ability) labels it clearly - "Automotive ECU - Return and Repair." If it is labelled otherwise UK customs will try to charge import tax.

If you're not happy with the results, I'll refund your money and return to the OE map no questions asked.

Drop me an email if you want to go ahead and I'll look after everything.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Hi Adam,

If you purchase the TCU from RSC you just send it directly to our UK office:

RSC Tuning Europe
Lakeside, Shillinglee
Godalming, Surrey
United Kingdom
GU8 4SX

We remap it and send it back. The TCU on the Vantage is behind the trunk liner on the right-hand side along the fender. Pretty easy to get at and remove, just unscrew the retainers and unplug. As with the engine ECU, it's important that you don't turn the ignition on once you have removed it, until it is back in situ, plugged in and secured.

The other important thing is that whoever removes and packs it (I'm assuming you'll do your own based on your mechanical ability) labels it clearly - "Automotive ECU - Return and Repair." If it is labelled otherwise UK customs will try to charge import tax.

If you're not happy with the results, I'll refund your money and return to the OE map no questions asked.

Drop me an email if you want to go ahead and I'll look after everything.
Thanks. I'm getting very close on this one. I usually don't drive the car in the winter (no snow or rain) so I'm debating doing it now versus waiting until March.

Adam

Old 11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks. I'm getting very close on this one. I usually don't drive the car in the winter (no snow or rain) so I'm debating doing it now versus waiting until March.

Adam
PM me and I'll sort you out with a special Thanksgiving deal. You're going to love this one!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:56 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
PM sent as well.