Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 or vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009 | 10:20 AM
|
blayne is infamous around these parts
DB9 or vantage

So I decided on an AM over the porsche and was looking at vantages. Haven't been able to find what I want when I was approached by a guy about a DB9. Haven't looked into the DB9 much as I was really looking at a Vantage. What are your thoughts on the two?

Old 11-16-2009 | 11:22 PM
CCK
CCK is infamous around these parts
DB9 all the way!!!

Old 11-17-2009 | 06:29 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
The Vantage has the better sound in my opinion and makes more fun....driven with my dad in a 09/10 Vantage and talked to a friend who said that his DB9 is more like a boat, and he liked the V8 more but he like to take his little childs for trips..... next time he has to get a Rapide! ... If you don`t need the little space more and you want to save a bit money I would get a V8 Vantage....

Old 11-17-2009 | 07:06 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
It's ALL about the motor. V12, no question. That's what makes the car xtra special.

Old 11-17-2009 | 08:46 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts
To me, it comes down to what type of car you're looking for. The Vantage is a sports car while the DB9 is a grand tourer. Although the cars look similar, they really are in different categories. If you were considering Vantage vs. Porsche before, I'd be surprised if you really want a DB9.

Old 11-17-2009 | 04:44 PM
|
blayne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AstonAficionado
To me, it comes down to what type of car you're looking for. The Vantage is a sports car while the DB9 is a grand tourer. Although the cars look similar, they really are in different categories. If you were considering Vantage vs. Porsche before, I'd be surprised if you really want a DB9.
I agree. The more I have looked at the two, the more I realized that they really are two different types of cars. I would love the v12 in the vantage but sure can't afford that so will stick with the v8 vantage. While the db9 is a beautiful car, it's not sporty enough for me. I'll keep looking for a good deal on a vantage and keep you posted when I find one. Am thinking and hoping that prices will soon be going down on the 09s as winter is coming, at least it is up here in Canada.

Old 11-27-2009 | 06:53 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I found the V8 not enough of a sports car as Porsche did it better for less. I'm not talking about looks, exclusivity, etc. which is a whole different story. Even though it's no sports car, I fell for the looks and engine of the DB9.

Old 11-27-2009 | 10:40 AM
ScuderiaFerrari is infamous around these parts
DB9's are beautiful cars. I'd get that. More power and is just breathtaking.

Old 11-27-2009 | 10:48 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
DB9 - pure sex

Old 11-27-2009 | 11:05 AM
ScuderiaFerrari is infamous around these parts
I just thought of something, you can go buy a V12 Vanquish for about the price of a used (2007-08) DB9. They don't make them anymore (since '06) but it is fast and is a good looking car.

Old 12-01-2009 | 03:46 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ScuderiaFerrari
I just thought of something, you can go buy a V12 Vanquish for about the price of a used (2007-08) DB9. They don't make them anymore (since '06) but it is fast and is a good looking car.
Not a bad idea except for the transmission. I would have considered one myself if it had a proper manual. A few of them actually got true factory retrofit conversions, but I've never driven one and they are pretty rare.

Old 12-01-2009 | 03:56 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScuderiaFerrari
DB9's are beautiful cars. I'd get that. More power and is just breathtaking.
Is that a 275 GTB in your profile pic? Yours? One of my dream cars!!!