Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Oklahoma to Florida;2400miles!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009 | 05:42 PM
cshsia is infamous around these parts
well I plan to go back to the local AM dealer and tell him the good news(i got one and will need service in the future), and bad news (didn't buy from him). Might have them run an inspection. The previous owner was a collector and had a mechanic that handled all of his exotic vehicles, thus a spotty service record on the computer. Bought it from a Ferarri dealership.

If he says no problem, then I'm going with the reset tool like you guys.

time to arrange a group buy? other people buy mods, we buy reset tools.

Old 12-03-2009 | 06:40 PM
|
P-Gunna is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cshsia
well I plan to go back to the local AM dealer and tell him the good news(i got one and will need service in the future), and bad news (didn't buy from him). Might have them run an inspection. The previous owner was a collector and had a mechanic that handled all of his exotic vehicles, thus a spotty service record on the computer. Bought it from a Ferarri dealership.

If he says no problem, then I'm going with the reset tool like you guys.

time to arrange a group buy? other people buy mods, we buy reset tools.
i'll go in on a gb for the innova reset tool- forgot the model #)

Old 12-04-2009 | 12:22 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
P-Gunna While in Tampa the AM dealer is good (Dan in service) but C2 Designs is even better (Chris - 813.223.3744) 'cause they do mods - even RSC stuff!
I have had a ton of stuff done to my 07 and love it .... BTW - do the drive !

Old 12-04-2009 | 12:43 PM
|
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
P-Gunna While in Tampa the AM dealer is good (Dan in service) but C2 Designs is even better (Chris - 813.223.3744) 'cause they do mods - even RSC stuff!
I have had a ton of stuff done to my 07 and love it .... BTW - do the drive !
thanks for the advice. must you buy from rsc and have the parts shipped to chris or does chris sell and install the rsc parts?

Old 12-04-2009 | 01:21 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
P-Gunna - A bit of an open question ... I have done both but Chris does not "stock" RSC parts (I think only RSC has stock and some pieces are custom made). I would suggest planning ahead - as in talk w/ either to discuss what you want to do and get deliveries/install timed for when you are here. I have found very few companies (including AM dealers) to carry much inventory in todays env. Deliveries can happen ... just need some prior planning.

Old 12-07-2009 | 12:52 PM
GameTheory is infamous around these parts
Alot of people get the emissions lights when they change their driving styles, or they buy a new car and drive it differently than their previous owners. The car is too smart for it's own good sometimes. Try driving it for a few cycles and see if the light is still on after that.

On a random side-note: Does anyone have lower back pain when they drive the car for long periods? I can't drive for more than an hour or two - I've adjusted the lumbar support and everything, can't find a comfortable long term sitting position...weird.

Old 12-07-2009 | 01:23 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GameTheory
On a random side-note: Does anyone have lower back pain when they drive the car for long periods? I can't drive for more than an hour or two - I've adjusted the lumbar support and everything, can't find a comfortable long term sitting position...weird.
The problem, IMO, is lack of support at the tailbone. I put a small, folded towel at the back of the seat top, and it is much more comfortable on long trips.

Old 12-10-2009 | 04:36 PM
Savile Row is infamous around these parts
2400 miles

DO IT! I drove mine back home to Georgia from the Midwest where I bought it. Most enjoyable ride ever. Remember service on Astons is based on time or miles (every 10,000) whichever is first. Don't fret too much about miles you drive. If you find yourself hauling dirt or lumber from Home Depot with it, then I would say you got a problem. Enjoy and welcome!

Old 12-10-2009 | 05:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
P-Gunna - A bit of an open question ... I have done both but Chris does not "stock" RSC parts (I think only RSC has stock and some pieces are custom made). I would suggest planning ahead - as in talk w/ either to discuss what you want to do and get deliveries/install timed for when you are here. I have found very few companies (including AM dealers) to carry much inventory in todays env. Deliveries can happen ... just need some prior planning.
I have ordered my cats and exhaust from RSC already. my father and i are going to do the install on xmas eve when i get home from iraq and my rims will be delivered this week as well. i am amped about coming home and driving "astonia" or "baby a"(her name) especially aftet i put my rims on. most people dont even know what kind of car it is... now she will be real "head turner.'

Old 12-10-2009 | 05:45 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P-Gunna
I have ordered my cats and exhaust from RSC already. my father and i are going to do the install on xmas eve when i get home from iraq and my rims will be delivered this week as well. i am amped about coming home and driving "astonia" or "baby a"(her name) especially aftet i put my rims on. most people dont even know what kind of car it is... now she will be real "head turner.'
I'll be checking this thread for pics/video on Christmas Day.

Old 12-10-2009 | 08:29 PM
bic
bic is infamous around these parts
Definitely a tough choice but as they say, a car is meant to be driven, right?

Old 12-11-2009 | 02:25 PM
tightie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Actually, on second thoughts, I'm coming with you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGhojofEx0w
FML. That sounds amazing.

Old 12-11-2009 | 05:13 PM
NIBV8 is infamous around these parts
Congrats. I just returned from Afghanistan last month. Picked up my Vantage a week later.

I know what you mean by people having no idea about the car, but I love it. Much better than driving my BMW 650i and getting lost in the crowd. Now my problem is getting my husband to leave my car alone. I had the BMW for two years and he may have driven it 15 times.

Old 12-12-2009 | 04:06 AM
|
Originally Posted by NIBV8
Congrats. I just returned from Afghanistan last month. Picked up my Vantage a week later.

I know what you mean by people having no idea about the car, but I love it. Much better than driving my BMW 650i and getting lost in the crowd. Now my problem is getting my husband to leave my car alone. I had the BMW for two years and he may have driven it 15 times.
...can you really blame him though?

i have been to a few places in afghanistan: tarin kowt, bagram, kandahar and one other place i can't remember the name of. WELCOME HOME!!!

Last edited by P-Gunna; 12-12-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2009 | 05:16 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
What is it you guys do that you're taking extended trips to the middle east?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma to Florida;2400miles!!!