Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Oklahoma to Florida;2400miles!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2009 | 12:16 PM
|
P-Gunna is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
What is it you guys do that you're taking extended trips to the middle east?
If I tell you, I will have to kill you. j/k

Old 12-14-2009 | 09:38 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
you just had to go and talk about working overseas and buying an AM. i've been tossing around the same idea for a while now. i got offered a site manager position in Afghanistan, but turned it down. another offer came up for Iraq, and it's a much more persuasive contract. plus, i've already been to Iraq ('04-05 when i was in the Marines), so it'd be easy to adjust to.

i hate you for making me want this even more now.

but congrats on the car, and stay safe

Old 12-17-2009 | 07:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by telum01
you just had to go and talk about working overseas and buying an AM. i've been tossing around the same idea for a while now. i got offered a site manager position in Afghanistan, but turned it down. another offer came up for Iraq, and it's a much more persuasive contract. plus, i've already been to Iraq ('04-05 when i was in the Marines), so it'd be easy to adjust to.

i hate you for making me want this even more now.

but congrats on the car, and stay safe
thanks.
i would def choose iraq over afghan (was there for 1.5 years). however, it all depends on that offer letter...no one comes here to sight see. besides, i am very proud of my choices especially when i go home and drive my benz one day and the next i'm in the aston and the next i'm on the bike. most think i'm either "in the game" or an athlete...typical

Old 12-17-2009 | 08:17 PM
Savile Row is infamous around these parts
Driving all those vehicles?..AWESOME. Enjoy yourself man! Wish I had that many rides. I figure if you work your @$$ off and pay taxes, you ought to do the things that feel right including burning some fuel. Glad to see some of us that make no apologies. I love my v8 Vantage. I had two things on my wall when I was a kid: a poster of Farah Fawcett and an Aston Martin. I've been following the marque since I was a kid. This summer I'm going to visit the factory in Gaydon. In time, with persistence, I'm buying a DBS AND not trading my Vantage.

Old 12-18-2009 | 09:07 AM
NIBV8 is infamous around these parts
P-Gunna, which exhaust did you go with, the loud version or the quieter one? I can't decide which one is for me. It's hard to tell from clips. My neighbor put a new exhaust on his Maserati and it is loud. Way too much for me.

I ordered side skirts this week, can't wait to get them installed. This car is so much fun. I can't wait for the weather to change so I can drive it everyday.

Old 12-18-2009 | 09:22 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NIBV8
P-Gunna, which exhaust did you go with, the loud version or the quieter one? I can't decide which one is for me. It's hard to tell from clips. My neighbor put a new exhaust on his Maserati and it is loud. Way too much for me.
NIBV8, I have the RSC sport cats on my Vantage and the OE exhaust. The sports cats really turned up the volume. Personally, I wouldn't go with them and a sport exhaust. Regardless, I'm in ATL if you want to get an idea of the sound some time.

BTW, who is going to install your side skirts? I ask b/c AM of ATL just shut down.

Old 12-18-2009 | 01:07 PM
|

I ordered side skirts this week, can't wait to get them installed. This car is so much fun. I can't wait for the weather to change so I can drive it everyday.
I went with the RSC's cats and the quieter exhaust. I won't install them until xmas eve, when i get home. Honestly, I am a bit nervous that it may be too loud but then again, I am driving a sports car. If I don't like one of the two, I am sure someone on here would buy it from me.

btw, make sure you post those pics after you install the sideskirts.

Old 12-18-2009 | 06:24 PM
NIBV8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AstonAficionado
NIBV8, I have the RSC sport cats on my Vantage and the OE exhaust. The sports cats really turned up the volume. Personally, I wouldn't go with them and a sport exhaust. Regardless, I'm in ATL if you want to get an idea of the sound some time.

BTW, who is going to install your side skirts? I ask b/c AM of ATL just shut down.

Once the weather clears up, I would love to check out your car. I'll tell my husband he needs to clear his schedule so he can hear what a real exhaust sounds like . He drives a Z06 and all I hear from him is how slow my car is. Yet for some reason, he always finds an excuse to "test" the Aston out on my behalf.

AM put me in contact with Mike McConville, the owner of Magnum Collision Repair Center. He is a really nice guy and is an Aston owner himself. Their website is
www.magnumcollision.com. The skirts ran a little over $1,200 and the install is $1,450.

It really sucks that AM is closing. They told me they will still do routine maintenance on my car, but they won't be able to cover any warranty items. I'm hoping that another dealer will open in Atlanta soon. Do you know of a good local mechanic? I need to have a back up plan in case something major happens and I can't drive to NC.

P-Gunna, will definitely post pictures once its done.

Last edited by NIBV8; 12-18-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2009 | 12:29 AM
Mb007 is infamous around these parts
These cars are ment to be enjoyed...saddle up and drive it!

Old 12-21-2009 | 02:00 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts

Once the weather clears up, I would love to check out your car. I'll tell my husband he needs to clear his schedule so he can hear what a real exhaust sounds like . He drives a Z06 and all I hear from him is how slow my car is. Yet for some reason, he always finds an excuse to "test" the Aston out on my behalf.

AM put me in contact with Mike McConville, the owner of Magnum Collision Repair Center. He is a really nice guy and is an Aston owner himself. Their website is
www.magnumcollision.com. The skirts ran a little over $1,200 and the install is $1,450.

It really sucks that AM is closing. They told me they will still do routine maintenance on my car, but they won't be able to cover any warranty items. I'm hoping that another dealer will open in Atlanta soon. Do you know of a good local mechanic? I need to have a back up plan in case something major happens and I can't drive to NC.

Tell your husband that the Corvette is . . . never mind. I've met Mike and worked with Magnum (had a little run-in with a telephone pole in my M Roadster) and only have good things to say about both.

I'll PM you my contact info.

Old 12-27-2009 | 10:01 PM
Ok to Fla

NIBV8,

Aston Martin corporate told me a dealer will be picked soon in Atlanta. AM of Atlanta had to spend 4 million on a new seperate facility in that gravel parking lot where their employees park or lose the franchise. The opted to give it up in this economy. My guess and just about everybody's is Hennessy will take it over. AM wants to be in Buckhead and the Hennessys have plenty of cash plus they are anglophiles. Hang in there we will have a new dealer by Spring. Also, any warranty/recall work, call they will amke some arrangements for our cars to be trucked to Greensboro, NC. AM of Atlanta is trying to help with this.

Old 12-28-2009 | 07:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by Savile Row
NIBV8,

Aston Martin corporate told me a dealer will be picked soon in Atlanta. AM of Atlanta had to spend 4 million on a new seperate facility in that gravel parking lot where their employees park or lose the franchise. The opted to give it up in this economy. My guess and just about everybody's is Hennessy will take it over. AM wants to be in Buckhead and the Hennessys have plenty of cash plus they are anglophiles. Hang in there we will have a new dealer by Spring. Also, any warranty/recall work, call they will amke some arrangements for our cars to be trucked to Greensboro, NC. AM of Atlanta is trying to help with this.
so you two are just going to hijack my thread?

Old 12-28-2009 | 08:55 PM
Oklahoma to Fla 2400 miles

No. Sometimes we go into tangents. It was a shocker here about that dealer thats all. Pardon us.