Oklahoma to Florida;2400miles!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009 | 06:48 PM
|
P-Gunna is infamous around these parts
Oklahoma to Florida;2400miles!!!

Ok fellas need your advice...

I bought a used 09 vantage in Sept. 5 days before coming back to Iraq. I will be home for x-mas for 5 weeks (Oklahoma ) but will spend at least 4 weeks in Tampa with my girl. Now the drive is 2400mi roundtrip plus driving mileage in Tampa. Should I drive the aston and put more miles on there ( it has 7500 already) and enjoy it while i am home, pay $2500 to ship round trip or drive my CLS and let my (new to me) aston stay at home on her new xmas rims?

Old 12-01-2009 | 08:37 PM
Polo//S4 is infamous around these parts
Do the drive, I've done the drive from Tx to S.FL a couple of times, it's a pretty easy drive. What better way to get to know your new car than to take it on a great road trip.

Old 12-02-2009 | 03:24 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts
I agree. Drive the car and enjoy it. I picked mine up from TX and drove it to GA when I bought it. One of the best road trips of my life, and I was alone.

Old 12-02-2009 | 07:38 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Picked up my Viper from OK and drove it home back to FL. Easy drive. I'd prob take the CLS though, there will prob be snow in 4 weeks.

Old 12-02-2009 | 08:36 AM
antinym is infamous around these parts
The Aston is a GT and is meant for long trips just like that one. I presume you want to make the trip, since you asked. So, do it!

Old 12-02-2009 | 12:12 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Hmmm...my concern is the beating the front end will get from the highway rocks. It would kill me to have an '09 and within the first week have those chips. IMHO

Old 12-02-2009 | 04:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by markesq
Hmmm...my concern is the beating the front end will get from the highway rocks. It would kill me to have an '09 and within the first week have those chips. IMHO
I have a clear bra on the front so chips shouldn't be an issue.

Cool I was concerned about the amount of miles i would be adding to the car but ^%& it I will drive and maybe connect will some of you Florida boys and exchange ideas and check out some of your aftermarket parts.

Will there be a meet in Tampa/St. Pete, Orlando or Miami in Jan?

Old 12-02-2009 | 04:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by MTGTS
Picked up my Viper from OK and drove it home back to FL. Easy drive. I'd prob take the CLS though, there will prob be snow in 4 weeks.
It snows in Florida in Dec/Jan?

Old 12-02-2009 | 04:45 PM
98camaro1le is infamous around these parts
Sounds like fun

Old 12-02-2009 | 05:49 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P-Gunna
I have a clear bra on the front so chips shouldn't be an issue.

Cool I was concerned about the amount of miles i would be adding to the car but ^%& it I will drive and maybe connect will some of you Florida boys and exchange ideas and check out some of your aftermarket parts.

Will there be a meet in Tampa/St. Pete, Orlando or Miami in Jan?
DO IT!!!!!! I did San Diego to Vancouver in our RSC Vantage C and it was the best road trip I've ever been on. The Vantage is both a mile-eating GT and a sportscar at the same time, and I love to see people using them as they were meant to be used.

BTW - if you're in Miami in January stop round RSC headquarters and we'll take you out for a night on the town!

Old 12-02-2009 | 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
DO IT!!!!!! I did San Diego to Vancouver in our RSC Vantage C and it was the best road trip I've ever been on. The Vantage is both a mile-eating GT and a sportscar at the same time, and I love to see people using them as they were meant to be used.

BTW - if you're in Miami in January stop round RSC headquarters and we'll take you out for a night on the town!
Actually, on second thoughts, I'm coming with you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGhojofEx0w

Old 12-02-2009 | 08:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC

that sounds like a plan to me and i might have to pick up a few mods while i'm there. besides, it's only about a 4 hour drive from tampa right?

Old 12-03-2009 | 11:34 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Before all, be safe in Iraq and return to us in full health.

Secondly, I purchased my Aston in San Francisco and drove it up to the Northest point of Montana amids snow storms in two Rocky Mountain passes. It performed like a dream... of course using a bit of carefull driving.

Old 12-03-2009 | 01:11 PM
cshsia is infamous around these parts
just bought my 07 vantage from Chicago yesterday and drove non-stop back to NY in 12 hours through pouring rain, car's filthy now but was a joy.

After filling up for the 2nd time in Pennsylvania, ran into the famous "Emission System Requires Service" error. One thing to look out for in case of long road trips.

Error's still there, trying the forum's many solutions.

Old 12-03-2009 | 05:09 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
I had that error message as well, just like many of the other forum members. I opted for the reset tool which worked like a charm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma to Florida;2400miles!!!