Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

HRE rims' quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by astonboy
Sorry folks, question was NOT about delivery time and NOT about how it may look - imho looks is question of personal taste but nothing i would discuss here.

I was asking those who had EXPERIENCED the quality. Not more, not less.

HRE-Vendors, pls don't leave PM for me, I won't buy from you!

Thanks folks!

Are you kidding with this ? With a name like Astonboy I guess I wouldn't expect anything less.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
shvt is infamous around these parts
Sorry folks, question was NOT about delivery time and NOT about how it may look - imho looks is question of personal taste but nothing i would discuss here.

Thanks folks!
I would say the HRE rims are of very good quality, except for the caps. I have 2 sets of HRE's (21" w/25 series tires on my BMW and 19" on my Pcar). I hit a HUGE pot hole, and the only thing that happened on my 21" rim was a little dent in the inside of the lip. It leaked very little. I had it banged out and it's fine now. I live in CA and some of the roads here are HORRIBLE and I have hit quite a bit of pot holes. That one HUGE pot hole I thought was a for sure end-my-rim pot hole, but I was very impressed. I've seen many other brand rims get banged up really bad from small pot holes. If I was going to get rims for the AM, I would totally stick w/HRE. As for the caps, one important thing to make sure you do not do is spray any chemicals on them. After a while, it fades and you'll have to get new ones. Very expensive for a set of painted plastic, like over $200. Make sure when you go to a car wash, let them know not to spray any chemicals around the cap.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shvt
. As for the caps, one important thing to make sure you do not do is spray any chemicals on them. After a while, it fades and you'll have to get new ones. Very expensive for a set of painted plastic, like over $200. Make sure when you go to a car wash, let them know not to spray any chemicals around the cap.

HRE does offer the Billet center caps which would solve the problem. oh and now they have a new Carbon Fiber Center Cap.

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
shvt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WHEELSJ
HRE does offer the Billet center caps which would solve the problem. oh and now they have a new Carbon Fiber Center Cap.
They should have offered it in the first place for the high price they charge. After spending about $400 on caps, I think I'll stick to just letting my car wash guy know not to use the chemicals. Alot cheaper than what HRE is going to offer the caps for. I had disappointments dealing with them but I must say the quality is good and people are impressed by seeing HRE rims.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Sunnych is infamous around these parts
Sexy wheels with class, and some of the sickest designs!

Old 12-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of

Thanks folks!
That was worded a bit harshly dont you think? Everyone who has responded here have given YOU insight. You did ask for "Has anyone expierenced HREs? What's the overall quality, would you recommend it?
" By asking if they have experienced HRE's that would mean everything from when you place the order to overall build, looks, and quality. And as far as the vendors go, you simply should have mentioned you are not looking for a BUYing opportunity but just thoughts, the way you stated it was rude and unnecessary, especially since they offer tons of input, make this site possible, and offer a product (when needed).

Regardless, good luck with the purchase of your aftermarket rim, whether it be an HRE or any other rim. I'm sure you and the aston will love it.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
HRE's are very good quality. period.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
-FROG- is infamous around these parts-FROG- is infamous around these parts
I have 18" HRE's and absolutely LOVE them!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM
astonboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Torn
That was worded a bit harshly dont you think? Everyone who has responded here have given YOU insight. You did ask for "Has anyone expierenced HREs? What's the overall quality, would you recommend it?
" By asking if they have experienced HRE's that would mean everything from when you place the order to overall build, looks, and quality. And as far as the vendors go, you simply should have mentioned you are not looking for a BUYing opportunity but just thoughts, the way you stated it was rude and unnecessary, especially since they offer tons of input, make this site possible, and offer a product (when needed).

Regardless, good luck with the purchase of your aftermarket rim, whether it be an HRE or any other rim. I'm sure you and the aston will love it.
... you might be right and i apologize for the wording!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
is there really anything else out there better than HRE? quality is great and customer service is even better.