Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

HRE rims' quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
astonboy is infamous around these parts
HRE rims' quality?

I am about to get aftermarket rims for my 2009 V8V and thinking about HRE M43 brushed.

Has anyone expierenced HREs? What's the overall quality, would you recommend it?

Many thanks!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Site Sponsor
AndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to behold
I may be biased being one of their vendors, but their 1 piece forged wheels are of great quality with their strength and weight. Lots of 6speed members have great experiences with their 1 piece lines can give you a lot of feedback.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
I do believe they are very good quality...forged, strong, and lightweight. Plus they look good. That's why I ordered a set of monoblok M40s.

Unfortunately, that was 2 months ago and I still haven't gotten them yet. If they ever show up, I'll let you know. If you get them, be prepared to wait a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long time. Oh, and of course you have to pay upfront.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
I do believe they are very good quality...forged, strong, and lightweight. Plus they look good. That's why I ordered a set of monoblok M40s.

Unfortunately, that was 2 months ago and I still haven't gotten them yet. If they ever show up, I'll let you know. If you get them, be prepared to wait a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long time. Oh, and of course you have to pay upfront.
Tahoe what did you buy taking so long? You dont have to pay in full we require 1k deposit only on all HRE order and the rest when wheels are ready let me know if i can help . thanks Ben

Let me know i stock almost ever monoblock application .

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Great quality and you don't have to worry about paying and not receiving your wheels

They stand by their product and they are a top, established wheel company for a reason.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by WheelB
Tahoe what did you buy taking so long? You dont have to pay in full we require 1k deposit only on all HRE order and the rest when wheels are ready let me know if i can help . thanks Ben

Let me know i stock almost ever monoblock application .
I sent you a PM with the whole story. If you can help me out, please let me know. I bought directly from them and that was probably my mistake, but I will say it has NOT been handled well.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:22 PM
GDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to all
i would think they are mainly a B to B company selling 90% of their wheels to vendors/distributors. probably should of gone with a distributor with the wheel in stock. 2+ months is a long wait I would get frusturated.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I got my wheels in two weeks... you haven't gotten yours in 2 months? Something does not sound right, good luck.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

4-6 weeks is the normal wait period.

And you can't go wrong with HRE's. Quality/Looks/Performance.....they complete the whole package.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
I've had one set custom ordered that only took 4 weeks before. Another set only took a week since WheelsBoutique had them in stock

Tony

Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Hands down theeeee best wheel around in my eyes, there are a lot of other wheels out there, but i love my c97's.... they are light weight and make the car feel light on its feet....good luck....you have good taste in wheels i see....lol

Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
Those wheels will look killer on your AM.

As for the issue Tahoe is having, something very unique must have happened since production is usually no longer than 4 weeks. Sorry to hear about this though...

Last edited by RedlineMotorworks; 12-03-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:20 AM
sultanattar is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your delay Tahoe.

I am thinking of the same wheels for my V8 Vantage and was curious to know what size wheels and tires you went with. Another wheel I am also considering is the ADV 7.1 which looks very similar, however the wheel concave outwards which gives it a great look.

Also, were you able to order the AM wheel cap to fit the wheels?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:24 AM
astonboy is infamous around these parts
Sorry folks, question was NOT about delivery time and NOT about how it may look - imho looks is question of personal taste but nothing i would discuss here.

I was asking those who had EXPERIENCED the quality. Not more, not less.

HRE-Vendors, pls don't leave PM for me, I won't buy from you!

Thanks folks!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Obviously the wheels are known to be good quality, otherwise no one would buy them.

HRE apparently buy pre-made forged wheel blanks and then machine and finish them in house. The blanks are made with 6061-T6 lightweight aluminum which is forged (not 8000 ton though) into a wheel blank. I would refer you to their website, but it appears to be down now.

The process of machining and finishing the wheels only takes a few days, which makes things even more frustrating that it is taking so long for mine. Apparently they have had a supplier issue and haven't had any 19x9 and 19x11 blanks for a while, and I keep getting different stories as to when they will have them. If I had known it would take this long, I could have ordered other wheels and had them by now, but on the other hand if I cancel my order now and go with another company, I'll be starting over and it will be 2-4 weeks before I get them...so either way I'm stuck.

As for the vendors, give them a bit of a break because they do support this website and without them it may not exist.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE rims' quality?