Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Best exhaust for DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Alec is infamous around these parts
Best exhaust for DB9

I might be getting a DB9 soon. Trying to get some opinions on exhausts. I hear the Quicksilver is supposed to be good along with the RSC. Also, how do these compare to say, a DBS?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alec
I might be getting a DB9 soon. Trying to get some opinions on exhausts. I hear the Quicksilver is supposed to be good along with the RSC. Also, how do these compare to say, a DBS?
Hi Alec,

RSC has a lovely system for the DB9. There's quite a few threads on this forum from people with our Vantage system, which is very similar in construction.

With a sports system you're going to get some small gains in power, save a lot of weight and see a nice improvement in the sound. It's not going to sound exactly like a DBS, simply because of the differences in engine mapping etc., but if you add a set of high flow cats as well you will definitely get that 'raw' sound the DBS captures.

We've got a couple of dealers in your part of the world so should be able to sort you out if you are interested.

Cheers,

Stuart

Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Hi Alec,

RSC has a lovely system for the DB9. There's quite a few threads on this forum from people with our Vantage system, which is very similar in construction.

With a sports system you're going to get some small gains in power, save a lot of weight and see a nice improvement in the sound. It's not going to sound exactly like a DBS, simply because of the differences in engine mapping etc., but if you add a set of high flow cats as well you will definitely get that 'raw' sound the DBS captures.

We've got a couple of dealers in your part of the world so should be able to sort you out if you are interested.

Cheers,

Stuart
Do you have any vids of your DB9 exhaust? Do you also offer an ECU and intake?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Do you have any vids of your DB9 exhaust? Do you also offer an ECU and intake?
We do offer an ECU upgrade for the DB9. Intakes we don't have an RSC product for. Thus far there just hasn't been the demand to justify it.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
We do offer an ECU upgrade for the DB9. Intakes we don't have an RSC product for. Thus far there just hasn't been the demand to justify it.
Alright, I'm on your site and I notice you guys sell two different versions. The Sport and the SuperSport. The naming is the same as the quicksilver, is this the same exhaust? If not, what are the difference between the Sport and the SupraSport? Also, I noticed you guys were selling High Flow cats for $2,450. May I ask, why so much? I could get high flow cats for my Supra for $250.

Also, which exhaust system is most similar to the DBS?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
Alright, I'm on your site and I notice you guys sell two different versions. The Sport and the SuperSport. The naming is the same as the quicksilver, is this the same exhaust? If not, what are the difference between the Sport and the SupraSport? Also, I noticed you guys were selling High Flow cats for $2,450. May I ask, why so much? I could get high flow cats for my Supra for $250.

Also, which exhaust system is most similar to the DBS?
RSC had a brief(fortunately) association with Quicksilver as their North American distributor. Due to an unfortunate litany of product failures and late delivery we were forced to terminate the relationship, but we had already launched our product under these names. RSC invested in its own line of products and eventually merged with its UK-based supplier, so we now have our own unique line of products which we feel offer a superior alternative. There's a number of people on this forum who have our products fitted and can comment on how they stack up against the competition.

The Sport and Supersport are identical apart from the amount of silencing. If you're looking for the DBS sound I would recommend pairing the 200 cell cats with the Sport system. This will end up being slightly louder than the Supersport, but a much more raw and aggressive tone like the DBS.

As far as costs on catalysts go it is difficult to compare one product line to another. $250.00 is very, very cheap for a set of cats and I couldn't comment on the quality apart from to say that RSC goes out of its way to purchase the best quality cats on the market. They aren't cheap, but I have a lot of confidence in them as they are capable of handling over 1000BHP, so they are overkill but in our opinion worth having the best. I also don't know what sort of production runs Supra manufacturers are looking at, but the market for DB9 cats is no-where near that of Porsche, or Supra and making things like this in limited quantities is much more expensive. The same is true of all the products for the Aston market - it isn't anywhere near as big, but your development cost is the same whether you end up selling 10 or 10,000!

If you are considering an Exhaust/Cat/ECU package, we do offer $500.00 off on the total for this package on all of the Vantage, DB9 & DBS.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
RSC had a brief(fortunately) association with Quicksilver as their North American distributor. Due to an unfortunate litany of product failures and late delivery we were forced to terminate the relationship, but we had already launched our product under these names. RSC invested in its own line of products and eventually merged with its UK-based supplier, so we now have our own unique line of products which we feel offer a superior alternative. There's a number of people on this forum who have our products fitted and can comment on how they stack up against the competition.

The Sport and Supersport are identical apart from the amount of silencing. If you're looking for the DBS sound I would recommend pairing the 200 cell cats with the Sport system. This will end up being slightly louder than the Supersport, but a much more raw and aggressive tone like the DBS.

As far as costs on catalysts go it is difficult to compare one product line to another. $250.00 is very, very cheap for a set of cats and I couldn't comment on the quality apart from to say that RSC goes out of its way to purchase the best quality cats on the market. They aren't cheap, but I have a lot of confidence in them as they are capable of handling over 1000BHP, so they are overkill but in our opinion worth having the best. I also don't know what sort of production runs Supra manufacturers are looking at, but the market for DB9 cats is no-where near that of Porsche, or Supra and making things like this in limited quantities is much more expensive. The same is true of all the products for the Aston market - it isn't anywhere near as big, but your development cost is the same whether you end up selling 10 or 10,000!

If you are considering an Exhaust/Cat/ECU package, we do offer $500.00 off on the total for this package on all of the Vantage, DB9 & DBS.
Alright. Now my question to you is, how does the Sport with 200 cell cats compare to the SuperSport with stock cats?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Alright. Now my question to you is, how does the Sport with 200 cell cats compare to the SuperSport with stock cats?
I usually like to say that the catalysts are equivalent to about 1.5 sound levels in terms of volume. So if you will, Sports with catalysts will be about 1/2 a sound level higher than Supersport with stock cats. There's also a difference in the way it sounds beyond just volume - stock cats produce a more refined sound, vs. a more raw aggressive sound with 200 cell cats.