Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone go for the new extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Does not look like too much is excluded. Not only that, they will cover problems that happen at AM track events. They even cover paint defects.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Well I just had the bazillion point inspection done on my car and everything checked out great. This is required before Aston will allow the extended warranty.

My service guy said he didn't see any major catastrophies with Vantages in general, mostly annoyances like I'd experienced in the past that certainly wouldn't cost $3000+ to repair.

I'm sort of leaning towards not getting the warranty. There's also a part of me that is thinking about selling the car, but I just don't know what I want replace her with. How do you top the beauty of a Vantage (IMO, the most beautiful car on the road).

Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by seattle_s4
Here is the latest info I got on the extended warranty from my dealer...

Thanks for posting the attached. Yes, the coverage has changed and quite a bit more is now covered. I went to my local AM dealer this morning to discuss the warranty and I was quoted $5,500 for 2 additional years of coverage plus an inspection fee of $450. The total including tax is about $6,500! I was shocked and frankly I do not feel like it is worth the cost.

BTW, I made a number of other calls this afternoon to other aftermarket warranty companies and only one, Genuine Warranty Solutions, offers coverage for the AMV8. Cost for a 2 year policy from them was $8948 with a $100 deductible!

Anyways, can others please post the cost their local AM dealers are quoting for the 1 and 2 year factory extension warranty???

Thanks,
Adam

Old 02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Curtis is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alevine

Anyways, can others please post the cost their local AM dealers are quoting for the 1 and 2 year factory extension warranty???

Thanks,
Adam
I bought the two year from my AM dealer last year. From memory I think I paid $4500 for the warranty. The inspection fee was reduced quite a bit because I was having my 2 year/20,000 mile service done at same time.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
acabrera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Curtis
I bought the two year from my AM dealer last year. From memory I think I paid $4500 for the warranty. The inspection fee was reduced quite a bit because I was having my 2 year/20,000 mile service done at same time.
Same scenario for me. Paid around $4,300 in Orlando for 2 year extended warranty and inspection was reduced because of annual service

Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
paid close to 5k for 2 years warranty with the mandatory inspection included

Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 PM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alevine
Thanks for posting the attached. Yes, the coverage has changed and quite a bit more is now covered. I went to my local AM dealer this morning to discuss the warranty and I was quoted $5,500 for 2 additional years of coverage plus an inspection fee of $450. The total including tax is about $6,500! I was shocked and frankly I do not feel like it is worth the cost.

BTW, I made a number of other calls this afternoon to other aftermarket warranty companies and only one, Genuine Warranty Solutions, offers coverage for the AMV8. Cost for a 2 year policy from them was $8948 with a $100 deductible!

Thanks,
Adam

I was quoted $3250 for one year, $5600 for two years.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
seattle_s4:

Seems like our 2 quotes were pretty similar. I will make a few more calls as I think the coverage may have changed thus the increase in price.

Maybe people can also comment on when they made their purchase. This will help us determine if/when there was a price increase.

Adam

Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I got mine from AM Orlando.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 AM
ttrhp is infamous around these parts
the AM dealer here in houston quote me 6200 for 2 years and it cover EVERYTHING except the radio..worth it???

Old 03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I bet you can get them down.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by ttrhp
the AM dealer here in houston quote me 6200 for 2 years and it cover EVERYTHING except the radio..worth it???
I'm not sure if it really is worth it but I am going to pull the trigger and do it next month. I just want to peace of mind. It is a lot of $$$$ though! The good news is that the plan has been totally revised from when I first looked at it last year. My understanding is that now is is just as good as the factory AM warranty with the exception of the stereo.

Adam

Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttrhp
Tom, I'd get that in writing on the receipt...everything except radio, including all clutch components b/c I'd be VERY surprised if they covered the clutch

Edwin

Old 03-19-2010, 07:15 AM
They are not going to cover it for normal wear and tear, but I think they would for any defects.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:47 PM
U74sry is infamous around these parts
try Insuranceonline.com, went with after doing a lot of research. great prices and you can take it to your dealer to do the work..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone go for the new extended warranty?