Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone go for the new extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by U74sry
try Insuranceonline.com, went with after doing a lot of research. great prices and you can take it to your dealer to do the work..

???? The link above is for a site for auto insurance, etc. No mention of aftermarket warranty.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Poloist is infamous around these parts
Extended Warranty

Over the past 5 years Ive had a 98 DB7, then a 2003, and most recently a V8V I just got. Both the DB's had an AM extended warranty when the original ran out. The first one was $2k for 2 years, the second $2k for one year, now theyre asking $3800 for 2 years.

Anyway, I was pleased with the warranty generally. The first car blew a evaporator core and it covered the $6k repair, and also several hoses.

The 2003 was a lemon, flat out. started missing and they always found something to charge me for that wasnt covered, and didnt fix the problem. Repairs were delayed because after getting to it, they had to wait several days for AM to approve, then order the parts, then install it. The average trip was 4-5 weeks. Then, five days after the warranty expired the auto trans blew, $15k!

I am contemplating both the AM warranty for when my V8V expires but also looking at another from a private company called Warranties 4 Wheels. Its about $3000 and covers everything and you can take it anywhere. Looks like a good deal but will they be in business next year when I make a claim? Best argument for staying with the dealer.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:01 AM
ttrhp is infamous around these parts
Poloist,
what year is your AM? cuz star motor quote me 6200/2 yr and i am still debating because this is my weekend car and only put maybe 5k miles/yr and not sure if it worth it.but i would definitely buy the warranty if they offer me in the 3k ball park.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 AM
My V8V is a 2007, I just got the $3800 quote from Star in Houston last week. Did not speak to RW

Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
M13
M13 is infamous around these parts
Paid nearly $9K for a 2 year extended AM warranty. I factor $5K will apply towards resale value and the other $4K twards sleeping better at night...

Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Was reading the fine print on 2 yr policy offer from Warranty for Wheels, guess what, bound to arbitration, and then... at their sole discretion they can decide to just refund your policy instead of paying for a repair. So... transmission goes out again and its $15k, they can just send your money back and walk. I think I'll go ahead and stick with the dealer's AM warranty again.

Here's an interesting data point, too. I was recently in Berlin and read an interview with Dr Bez, he said the average AM is driven 1500 miles a year! But since the V8V the company average is now up to 5500 miles per year.
This tells me several things: i) V8V owners are likely driving 10k a year - meaning good reliability and enjoyability, I could never keep my DB7's out of the shop long enough to drive 10,000 miles ( I averaged 8k a year) ii) the Dealer's repair shop has got to be overwhelmed unless they staffed up, given the amount of routine mileage related repairs occurring, and iii) the expense of the warranties we buy is more psychological insurance to us than risk to AM, how on earth could a car driven 1500 miles a year realistically ever need a major expense like a trans or an engine over a 1-2 year time horizon. This when they put a limit of say $15k a year for expenses on the warranty statistically they sure wont pay it. This must be a real money maker for AM.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
ttrhp is infamous around these parts
Poloist,
Can you ask your sale person if he would offer the same on my V8. RW is the worst sale person i ve ever experience.I bought my 07 V8 for 75k and paid in full and he wouldnt even give me a cap when i try to to buy it and they didnt have change for my $100 bill.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I agree RW is a challenge. I fell sorry for the guy, he's a nice man but has just totally given up. This economy has done that to people. I told him recently that I referred a lawyer friend to him who liked my car and wanted to buy one. RW pops off that "the guy is likely just a blinking internet buyer who'll waste my time and then buy one online".

The way to avoid him is to call in the morning, he doesnt come in until at least 10am,

Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 AM
khalid is infamous around these parts
guys

just posted a thread

got a new extended warranty coverage from my dealer ur opinion please

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2794828

Old 06-11-2010, 05:23 PM
AM V8V extended warranty

Got some bad news today on the extended warranty. AM recently switched to another provider for the US and UK, cost = $3800 per year, and the limitations were pretty strenuous. The quote I got earlier of $3800 for two years is no longer valid.
Guess I'll have to look at another third party provider and try Warranty for Wheels again. Anyone have another extended provider I can consider?

Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
I thought the extended warranty was offered by AM?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:02 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by markesq
I thought the extended warranty was offered by AM?

Likewise. My dealer told me that the warranty is done through AM as well.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
kckilmer is infamous around these parts
I purchased my 07 Vantage in Feb. and bought the 2 yr warrenty through AM. It cost about $5,400 but I feel more comforable vs. third party. My AM dealer is in Bellevue WA and Vince (service tech) is very proffesional and has spent alot of time answering my questions.

Even though I will put less than 5k miles/yr on the car I know that Murphy's Law would kick in the minute it is off warrenty and cost me dearly!

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Opting in next month for the two year "Premium" Aston Martin extended coverage; Quoted $3250 for one year; $5600 for two years. Exclusions include "car entertainment and Satelite Navigation equipment", tires, brakes, rotors. Provided through Aston Martin dealers, "not a third party" except in Florida. Roadside assistance included. Pre-issue multi-point inspection required. AM brochure 704184-PK