Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone go for the new extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Anyone go for the new extended warranty?

My Vantage factory warranty is almost up, and I'm contemplating the factory extended warranty. It runs about $3500 for one year, and over $5k for the two year option.

Anyone here pull the trigger on it? Part of me likes the peace of mind, but of course its just a roll of the dice that any repair I need in the next year would cost me over $3500 (which on an Aston, I guess isn't that crazy a thought).

It'll help with resale value too I guess, but that wouldn't be my primary motivator.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:11 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I will be in the same boat as well pretty soon. I personally have not decided yet whether to pull the trigger as there are major limitations on the coverage. Did you read the exclusions yet?

Attached is some info.

Adam

Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2010, 05:59 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
I went with the extended for one year, and plan on extending for another year this summer. My extended warrants was 2400 for one year and 3800 for 2 years.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM
bubba is infamous around these parts
I purchased two years of warranty - last year.

Since V8Vs have depreciated so much, I'll probably keep mine until it falls apart - and will keep renewing its warranty for as long as Aston Martin allows me.

I still enjoy the car - when I drive it, and part of that pleasure is the peace of mind a warranty offers (even a limited one like Aston's extended). I can recall being terrified of driving my old Ferrari when its warranty ended. Sure, the repair costs of a modern Aston isn't comparable to an F car, but they're certainly not cheap.

A few days ago, I realized I've only clocked 400 miles on the car since I purchased the extended warranty in June.
' probably still cheaper than a serious mechanical issue... guess I need to drive it more.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts
I know several have gotten the extended warranty, but the things that are most likely to go wrong (and we all know what they are) are just not covered by the warranty. For my money, it's not worth it. My two pennies.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
I did

Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 AM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the replies. BTW, Adam, my dealer had an updated pamphlet on the warranty. Apparently they just revised it last month to include some more stuff. Of course, I don't have it on me right now so I can't scan it in, but you might inquire about it. That might account for the price increase too.

Still contemplating...

Old 02-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by seattle_s4
Thanks for the replies. BTW, Adam, my dealer had an updated pamphlet on the warranty. Apparently they just revised it last month to include some more stuff. Of course, I don't have it on me right now so I can't scan it in, but you might inquire about it. That might account for the price increase too.

Still contemplating...
Hey KFC, if you could scan and post the pamphlet later, I'm sure it'd be much appreciated by all. Thanks!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Since this is my first Aston after 6 years with my Turbo, I can only say I'm disappointed in it's quality. In one year of ownership I've had to take the car in for more "little fixes" and one bigger one than in all the years with the Porsche. Yesterday after pulling the car out after one week away, I noticed a single drop of what appears to be oil on my garage floor. I'm sure something's up and another trip will be required. Thankfully the dealer is about 15 minutes away but I don't know how you guys with long distances do it. If I keep this car past the original warranty, I'm thinking the extended warranty is a must because there seems to be no end/limit to the things that will keep coming up. Hopefully, A-M realizes they need to stand behind their product and the days of an exotic getting a pass are over. If they don't, I'm sure other owners will be just as unhappy about it as I am.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
I have 10k on my clock and not a single problem. It is also my DD.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Sorry to hear about your problems. I also just past the 10K on my odometer and not a single problem so far. The car just completed its annual service and inspection and dealer could not find a single issue either.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Here is the latest info I got on the extended warranty from my dealer...

Attached Images   
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Yesterday after pulling the car out after one week away, I noticed a single drop of what appears to be oil on my garage floor. I'm sure something's up and another trip will be required.

I had the exact same problem. Turned out to just be a faulty oil filter, which the dealer promptly took care of (no charge). Apparently there was a bad batch of filters and not all of them were caught before getting put on cars. My leak happened right after an oil change, so it all adds up. And now, not a single drop of oil on my garage floor.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by seattle_s4
I had the exact same problem. Turned out to just be a faulty oil filter, which the dealer promptly took care of (no charge). Apparently there was a bad batch of filters and not all of them were caught before getting put on cars. My leak happened right after an oil change, so it all adds up. And now, not a single drop of oil on my garage floor.
Faulty oil filter or not, it's just annoying. For a car I drive maybe once per week, I'm finding its "demands" starting to wear on me. My free time is precious (whose isn't), and I'd rather spend my time enjoying life or the car and not using it up going back and forth to the dealer. FWIW, I had the one-year maint. done back in November, which I'm sure included new oil/filter and a bunch of other things ($1700 worth), so if these "faulty filters" are of more recent vintage, then maybe that is the problem.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
As a former Turbo owner, it is sometime hard to reconcile the differences. But having said that, my rear wing lost hydrollics on one side, my windshield had to be replaced because the rubber trim came loose and I had a problem with the cab mechanism. My Aston on the other hand, had a sticky gas lid,(needed to hit the release 3-4 times) and my stereo just recently stopped communicating with the computer which I hear happens with the 08 premium stereos. So each has had problems which did not interrupt driving. It happens. There are people who can't get the Porsche out of themselves. My old Porsche dealer would routinely have Ferrari's and Lambo's with low miles because the owners went back to the TT after a short time. As far as the warranty, If its not the same as the original, it's statistically not worth it. I have a year on my warranty and will probably trade the car unless they come up with a factory SC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone go for the new extended warranty?