Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 vantage Sportshift issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 07:11 AM
khalid is infamous around these parts
07 vantage Sportshift issue

hey guys

i recently bought a very low milage 07 vantage sportshift . i had an m3 with a similar gear box SMG2 so am no stranger to sequential gears .

just wanted to make sure all these issues am facing with my Vantage is normal .

1. usually when start my car and drive off on the first gear the car shakes a bit for a sec then its perfect it only happens when when i drive off form 0 and for a sec.

2. when changing gears right after i change i hear a pop sound similar to a backfire sound i guess. is this normal ??

thanks every one this forum has been a great help

Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 AM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I have an '07 sportshift as well. Maybe I can help.

1. My car sometimes sputters upon initial acceleration as well. However, it is intermittant and my dealer has told me this is normal. Apparantly it is the clutch fluctuating at lower speeds working at takeup. Wierd thing is that it is hard to replicate the problem. I am pretty used to it but I still never like it.

2. Do you have fuse 22 removed? If so, when driving leisurly, the car can backfire. I had this happen quite a bit before I got my RSC exhaust. It still happens once in a while but it is pretty infrequent. Totally normal behavior. BTW, this has nothing to do with the SS transmission.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Old 02-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Thumbs up

adam thanx well its actually annoying but i guess i can get used to it .

in regards to the popping sound i actually love it its not bothering me i just wanted to make sure its a normal thing .

and yes i do have fuse 22 removed good guess .

you've been a great help

thankx

Old 02-20-2010, 05:12 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
My pleasure. It is rather annoying but my dealer has assured me it is normal. How often does it happen for you? How many miles are on your car. I just hit 7,000 miles on mine. BTW, I did the RSC transmission control unit upgrade and the shifts are 100% quicker! This is the best mod I have done for the AM V8V. Huge improvement in performance. I did a write-up in the Aston Martin section on the upgrade back in December 2009 on 6speed. Do a search for it if you are interested.

Adam

Old 02-20-2010, 05:32 PM
well mostly when i start the car first thing in the morning even after warming up but as i drive it tends not to do it .

i read all about rsc's Sports shift remap and it sounds like a great mod .

but i am far away from where ever they are , do they usually send u the remapped mod or u should send them ur module and they will remap it for you , ill get in contact with them . thanx for the recommendation .

ohh and i got just about 8000 miles on mine . but i am using the car daily these days and i think ill be doing that from now on

Old 02-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k@V1
well mostly when i start the car first thing in the morning even after warming up but as i drive it tends not to do it .

i read all about rsc's Sports shift remap and it sounds like a great mod .

but i am far away from where ever they are , do they usually send u the remapped mod or u should send them ur module and they will remap it for you , ill get in contact with them . thanx for the recommendation .

ohh and i got just about 8000 miles on mine . but i am using the car daily these days and i think ill be doing that from now on
We have an office in Miami and an office just outside London which is probably a lot closer for you. We have done ECU & TCU upgrades for customers in the Middle East before and the shipping time to the UK is pretty swift - from the time you ship it to the time you get it back should be about Monday-Friday. Sounds like you're considering a few upgrades - send me a PM if you're interested in some RSC stuff and we can discuss the options.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:34 AM
well ya lets discuss it ill pm you . thanx adam