Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Insurance quote question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Idrvslo is infamous around these parts
Insurance quote question

Hi guys/gals,

Im a long time lurker, hoping to join the ranks of owning a amv8v. I like to do my research before I jump head first into something and for some reason i can't get an answer for insurance qoutes. For those of you that use your v8v on a daily basis, what company are you using for insurance purposes? Do you have it insured as a daily or secondary vehicle? And what's a rough estimate of yearly qoute? (I'm 28, clean record, licensed for 12 years). Thanks in advance for any helpful answers and sorry for the rambling.

(I've looked into allstate and a few others with no answers)

Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 AM
cshsia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Idrvslo
Hi guys/gals,

Im a long time lurker, hoping to join the ranks of owning a amv8v. I like to do my research before I jump head first into something and for some reason i can't get an answer for insurance qoutes. For those of you that use your v8v on a daily basis, what company are you using for insurance purposes? Do you have it insured as a daily or secondary vehicle? And what's a rough estimate of yearly qoute? (I'm 28, clean record, licensed for 12 years). Thanks in advance for any helpful answers and sorry for the rambling.

(I've looked into allstate and a few others with no answers)
I'm 27, one minor speeding record 4 years back, licensed 9 years, drive like a grandma most of the time . Been with Geico for the past 6 years on my own, 9 years if you include my time with the family policy.

It's my primary vehicle, but I alternate between the car and public transit. Cost of insurance is over 4.5k a year. Combination of being single, living in NY. This is with every possible discount.

I have to say though, after witnessing how much it cost to repair these cars, that the cost is well worth the money if god forbid something happens to the AMV8.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
bubba is infamous around these parts
40 years old, last traffic violation (speeding ticket) was over ten years ago. Four cars and home are insured with State Farm. - All the cars are heavily insured and listed as daily drivers. - I pay just under $900 a year for my V8V.
This is in East Central Florida.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
The premiums to keep a car in NYC is just astonishing when compared to other parts of the country.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
VA about 1600 a year 29/tickets but not my daily driver

Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by cshsia
The premiums to keep a car in NYC is just astonishing when compared to other parts of the country.
So true, and it's all relative...
I'm preparing to move to rural-ish South Carolina because I feel it's getting too expensive to live in Central Florida anymore (more so, it's getting too crowded for my tastes). When I see the prices of things there, compared to CF, I feel like you must when you see the prices of things anywhere outside of NYC.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Speak of the devil, allstate just got back to me.. 2600 fullcoverage for a year! That's sounds perfect it's actually half of what I thought. Thanks for all your help. I guess I'll start shopping now!

Old 03-03-2010, 11:57 AM
hey, just curious, which Freeport are you at? Freeport NY?

that's definitely a good price. I'll look into All-State at some point, but so far I've been happy with Geico's service.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
hey, just curious, which Freeport are you at? Freeport NY?

that's definitely a good price. I'll look into All-State at some point, but so far I've been happy with Geico's service.
Yes Freeport, ny. I had a supercharged m3 fully modded and was paying close to the same thing lol.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm going to be at Captree this Sunday, let us know if you'd be there.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm going to be at Captree this Sunday, let us know if you'd be there.
I won't be there it's my bday and I'm going to the carribean for a week. But I'll probably go to the next meet.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:33 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Had a modified supercharged M3 too, and am paying the same rate as before with State Farm.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by markesq
Had a modified supercharged M3 too, and am paying the same rate as before with State Farm.
I wonder if the rates you guys got has anything to do with the statistic: "Had supercharged M3, did not wreck it, must be responsible"

For me: "Had 328i, not 335, clearly lacks good judgement. Not sure if he can handle the power and attention of the AMV8, high risk driver"

Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I wonder if the rates you guys got has anything to do with the statistic: "Had supercharged M3, did not wreck it, must be responsible"

For me: "Had 328i, not 335, clearly lacks good judgement. Not sure if he can handle the power and attention of the AMV8, high risk driver"
I think insurance premiums (for those with respectable driving records) have more to do with the claim rate of the car in a given geographical area. They're determined by what percentage of a given model has had a claim. -- Of course I may be wrong.

Interestingly, I too have owned a supercharged M3. Seems we Vantage owners have similar tastes. Or, maybe we're just "car guys"?

Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Idrvslo
Speak of the devil, allstate just got back to me.. 2600 fullcoverage for a year! That's sounds perfect it's actually half of what I thought. Thanks for all your help. I guess I'll start shopping now!
Thats decent. My quote was ~1700 a year 500/500 1 mill umbrella with no points or tickets. As a daily 10K miles.

Amazingly the viper quoted out at ~975 same coverage for the year which is one of the reasons I went that direction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Insurance quote question