Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust impressions: Quicksilver vs. Larini vs. Cargraphic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stearnsn
I listened to both RSC and Quicksilver before buying. Quicksilver SS is what I have and my opinion is just the opposite. I think it sounds great, I actually feel it is too quiet in the cabin so I run without the package tray deal in the back. That makes it about right. No drone in mine that I notice. Sounds like business over 4000 rpm. I have stock CAT's. Maybe just a chocolate and vanilla thing.

I agree 100%. I have the quicksilver SS and it sounds agressive when opened up (just right) and there is zero drone on the freeway.

The Pantera and Boxster with aftermarket exhausts have HW drone that can get annoying with time. The Vantage is perfect. Best exhaust I have purchashed.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Yani is infamous around these parts
Thanks for this feedback...exactly what I was looking for! Btw, Cargraphic sells a system that has the valve swtich
Does having a valve in the exhaust restrict airflow?

Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Yani. yes, a closed exhaust valve restricts air flow. I read somewhere AM said opening the valve was worth an additional 4hp. More importantly, a closed valve restricts the fun factor and just having the valve system adds between 20-30# to the car's weight. Drive-by regulations have created a whole aftermarket industry segment.

Last edited by flinder; 05-09-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: add to rational
Old 05-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Yani is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by flinder
Yani. yes, a closed exhaust valve restricts air flow. I read somewhere AM said opening the valve was worth an additional 4hp. More importantly, a closed valve restricts the fun factor and just having the valve system adds between 20-30# to the car's weight. Drive-by regulations have created a whole aftermarket industry segment.
As you said when closed it definitely restricts airflow, I guess my question should have been phrased: Does the valve when fully open restrict airflow?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yani
As you said when closed it definitely restricts airflow, I guess my question should have been phrased: Does the valve when fully open restrict airflow?
The valve itself doesn't restrict airflow by any great amount, but if you look at the design of the OE system, there is a very tight and sharp bend to get the airflow into the box, and the internals of the box are pretty heavily baffled.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:40 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
I have the RSC, stock cats. It is on youtube if you want to hear it. Just search markesq1 on youtube, or this forum under RSC.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
And the RSC exhaust weighs about 1/2 of the stock unit ....

Old 05-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the opinions/help/advice guys. We ordered a RSC sport unit which should be arriving tomorrow and will be installed thursday at DriverSource. The owner is super excited. Thanks for the help and time Stuart@RSC!

Edwin

Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
stearnsn is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=PrecisionPorsch;2832083]Great info! Stearnsn, which RSC exhaust did you listen to?

I believe it was the "super sport"

Old 05-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
[quote=stearnsn;2838968]
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Great info! Stearnsn, which RSC exhaust did you listen to?

I believe it was the "super sport"
I think you heard our car in Portland as well - RSC 'Sports' + 200 Cell Cats.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
M13
M13 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stearnsn
I listened to both RSC and Quicksilver before buying. Quicksilver SS is what I have and my opinion is just the opposite. I think it sounds great, I actually feel it is too quiet in the cabin so I run without the package tray deal in the back. That makes it about right. No drone in mine that I notice. Sounds like business over 4000 rpm. I have stock CAT's. Maybe just a chocolate and vanilla thing.
Wow, I'm a bit surprised, as I've put performance exhausts on every sports vehicle I've owned and this is only the 2nd time I've been concerned by overly loud sound levels, the first time being straight pipes on a 911...which I still lived with for 3 months before going to a full Tubi system.

I'm starting to wonder whether the dealer installed a QS "Race" exhaust instead...my suposed QS SS system certainly doesn't sound "as described" by other owners. You can't talk in the cabin at HWy speeds....

Anyone running the QS Race exhaust that cares to comment/compare??

Is there a quick means of physically identifying/distinguishing the various QS exhasut models??

Old 05-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by M13
Wow, I'm a bit surprised, as I've put performance exhausts on every sports vehicle I've owned and this is only the 2nd time I've been concerned by overly loud sound levels, the first time being straight pipes on a 911...which I still lived with for 3 months before going to a full Tubi system.

I'm starting to wonder whether the dealer installed a QS "Race" exhaust instead...my suposed QS SS system certainly doesn't sound "as described" by other owners. You can't talk in the cabin at HWy speeds....

Anyone running the QS Race exhaust that cares to comment/compare??

Is there a quick means of physically identifying/distinguishing the various QS exhasut models??
It could well be the SS+, sometimes the dealers aren't really sure what they have got, especially if they've been sitting on it for a while. You could try looking at the endplates on either end of the silencer and see if there's anything on there. At RSC we stamp ours for identification, but I don't think QS does.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
My muffler/pipe assy is marked with a failing paper sticker that says: QUICK , Stainlessteel Exhausts,
AM V8 Vantage 'Supersports', Made in England.
Might have said Silver in 2nd color after Quick but heat/water have erased.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flinder
My muffler/pipe assy is marked with a failing paper sticker that says: QUICK , Stainlessteel Exhausts,
AM V8 Vantage 'Supersports', Made in England.
Might have said Silver in 2nd color after Quick but heat/water have erased.
Dearborn, MI?

Yes thats Quicksilver. I noticed that the silver is starting to disappear on mine as well.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Yes, Dearborn, Michigan. The hometown of Henry Ford.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust impressions: Quicksilver vs. Larini vs. Cargraphic