Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Grille Badges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Grille Badges

Aston grilles (especially 8 bar Vantages) are clean, slick, the time honored location to display a grille badge. Conveniently my wife, Susan, a committed antiquer, delivered a bucket of various badges. You might see most on high end cars in any European city. Included, however, was an example I'd never run across. The 3 piece assembly was constructed of a striking emblem, a hand-hammered, black-painted disc and a chrome plated backing/mount. Research revealed the emblem, a well defined cast skull with integrated ribbon below is a British military unit cap badge from the Queen's Royal Lancers. Motto: " Death or Glory" on the ribbon. The Lancers have a courageous history back to the 1700s. Originally they fought with lances, performed as cavalry and armor, now they are in Afghanistan as a recon unit, the eyes and ears of the Commander. I like the history and toughness the badge imparts to my Vantage.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Fitting of the marque!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Neat badge and history.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I like it ... Brit' AMOC members have always placed their enam' badge on the grills too ...