Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
Went out and measured my spacers as mounted on car -
Front - 235/40/19 tire, stock AM 19" wheel, 15 MM spacer
Rear - 275/35/19 tire, stock AM 19" wheel, 15 MM spacer
F&R - RSC springs (lowered the car)

I thought I had 20MM spacers on rear but does not measure that way. Rear could probably fit 20MM if you wanted. There is still space around tires w/ my RSC springs so a larger size might work - I am just not sure how large?
If the bolts/studs are now worked out (seems like RSC has the info), and spacers are machined flat I do not think there should be any troubles in mounting. Just remember these are studs and need to be removed via a lift etc., not a simple floor jack and torque wrench.
I am very happy w/ my spacers, look great and helped handling !

Old 06-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I should add for clarification - by larger size I was referencing tire, not larger spacers.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Let me jump in again - Mark, I'm sure Chris at C2 could do the same as for Michael, but now that Chris is able to give us the necessary changes we *should* be able to correct the design and supply them so that they won't require finishing work to fit.

Regarding the safety question - 20mm is not a huge amount of spacing. It will increase the load on the wheel bearings, driveshafts etc. but there is a lot of precedent with all sorts of other exotics of people installing spacers and at this size it really shouldn't be a problem. We also are using wheel studs which are at least 2 grades stronger than the OE studs (9.8 steel) to make sure they can cope with the increased load, but at the end of the day, 20mm is actually not a huge amount of spacing.

What I'll ask at this point is, if you are serious about having a set made, please email me (Stuart@RSCTuning.com) If there are enough people prepared to make a committment, I will take a small deposit off everyone for their order - say $200, just so I know that they are serious orders and I'm not wasting time. Then I can dedicate some time to fine tuning the machining and getting them right. If we reach a point where the final cost is looking like it will pass the $700 ceiling I've referred to, we will notify those who have placed orders and give them the option of cancelling. Having said that, I'm pretty confident I can get this done at or around that price. It's hard to get the machine work done in small batches, but I think we can manage to sort this.

This isn't normally the way we would work, but as I've explained, by the time it's all said and done we will pretty much be making these as a service to the AM community and I need to make sure that at the very least, we don't lose money trying to get these to market. I will also need a little patience while we work on the final design as it involves a bit of running around on our end.

Also, if you have a DB9 or DBS, don't be shy, the hub assemblies are all the same so these will fit those vehicles as well.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:00 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Forgive me for coming into the conversation a bit late, but I'm working on the trade in to grab an AMV8A this month so I'm inherently curious about this because visually the car needs it.

What is the drastic difference in spacers for an AMV8 versus any other sports car?

20MM of spacing is perfectly fine in terms of performance in my understanding and that comes from having a local friend in the wheel manufacturing and spacer manufacturing business.

Is the lug/offset/bolt pattern etc so different that utilizing a set of spacers off a similar setup car isn't possible?

Old 06-05-2010, 05:33 PM
setoffives is infamous around these parts
Vantage Spacers

Stuart, I will email you, I am in. I dont mind putting a deposit if we can find a perfect solution for this. I really like my stock wheels and with the RSC springs I already have, the size in 19" is adequate with the car lowered. You guys should be sending me my ECU reprogram back this week so I can share impressions of just that and a Quicksilver Sport exhuast if anyone is interested in the feedback without the 200 cell cats (concerned about it being too loud with the existing 2nd stage exhaust)

Old 06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
vantagedriver is infamous around these parts
Michael 996 TT... It would be great if you could post some pictures of your car so that i can see the effect of your spacers.. Thx

Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Ok Stuart that would be great. I am about 3 hours away from Mike, so if you have the specs worked out, please put me down for a set with the studs.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Working on some pics ...

Old 06-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Thx

Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 PM
docj is infamous around these parts
Any input for a Vanquish S ?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
I'm not 100 percent doc, but I'm pretty sure the Vanquish has a different hub assembly than the V8/DB9/DBS

Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
docj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
I'm not 100 percent doc, but I'm pretty sure the Vanquish has a different hub assembly than the V8/DB9/DBS

I have the same impression...
but looking for information and 150% quality spacers...

Old 06-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Wink

Okay... Stuart... With the oem AM wheels and the oem tires & the h&r lowering springs... What spacers could i use? I mean front/rear. And if i order them, how long do i have to wait until they arrive here in austria?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vantagedriver
Okay... Stuart... With the oem AM wheels and the oem tires & the h&r lowering springs... What spacers could i use? I mean front/rear. And if i order them, how long do i have to wait until they arrive here in austria?
Either 15mm or 20mm would work fine with that setup. I can't promise you a delivery date at this point, but as stated previously, we will take 200 dollar deposits to secure orders and will then set to work finishing the design. I think we're pretty close to what we need interest-wise, will confirm shortly.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Okay Guys & Gals. Some Pics from Mr. Cobb.

Before:
Name:  spacersbefore.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  137.7 KB

After:
Name:  spacersafter.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  142.6 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spacers