Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
noladb9 is infamous around these parts
The dog that's in the reflection in the first picture, right at the parking sensor.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
Dog is the shop owners - came from the pound and was abused by previuos owner - best dog on the planet !!! Looks like dog from "Our Gang" - basically a cross bread/mutt - my wife has been banned from the shop 'cause she keeps trying to take her home!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
that would be breed not bread ... I need typing lessons ...

Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
So what is the word?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Studs left Minnesota on Friday last week. Should be with us tomorrow, or they might have arrived at the office late today (not sure, not there this week.)

Very close now!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 AM
bhg480 is infamous around these parts
spacers on AM Vantage

I highly suggest these guys:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/about.html

They'll make ANY size you need and have it done in 1-2 days... I tried other vendors and they just screwed me around.

good luck.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 AM
bhg480 - did they do spacer/bolts for the AM V8V ? It actually is not the spacers that are hard - it is the new (not stock) AM bolts that are needed - not a standard size/shape - thus hard to source ... I did not see on their web site that they make bolts (?) ...

Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM
bhg480 is infamous around these parts
Yes, they made both... they're on my car now. PM if you wanna chat further.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Cool ... thanks for the info !

Old 09-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
All those who bought spacers from RSC, your orders shipped yesterday. Thanks for your patience, I know we ran over schedule a little bit.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bhg480
I highly suggest these guys:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/about.html

They'll make ANY size you need and have it done in 1-2 days... I tried other vendors and they just screwed me around.

good luck.
I hope we didn't screw you around?

Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Car is at shop getting new spacers installed. It seems that the studs are too wide at the bottom, which means the rotor will not fit flush. So the solutions is to drill out the rotors a bit to get them over that part of the stud.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by markesq
Car is at shop getting new spacers installed. It seems that the studs are too wide at the bottom, which means the rotor will not fit flush. So the solutions is to drill out the rotors a bit to get them over that part of the stud.
The 'shoulder' of the studs - the part that presses into the hub was measured at (I believe) 15.89mm with a set of callipers. From Mike Cobb's fitting, I know that this turned out to be pretty much spot on perfect for the size of the holes in the hub - there needs to be a certain degree of tightness so they stay firmly seated. When these are assembled at the factory they would be pressed into the back of the hub with a hydraulic press before the hubs were installed on the car so doing it by hand can be a bit tougher. Chris at C2 who did Mike's install said he roughed out each of the holes with a file (not a ton, just enough to make them go in a little easier) and that did the trick.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Stuart do you have these on hand now? Still love to see some before and after pics.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DrScoles
Stuart do you have these on hand now? Still love to see some before and after pics.
We now have 4 sets of 15mm front & 20mm rear spacers which have been cleared against the hub, plus 10.9 grade steel wheel studs. As Mark mentioned, the shoulder of the studs is a touch snug against the holes in the rotors which will require a couple of thou take off to fit through.

I know Mike Cobb put up a few photos but hopefully someone else will get theirs up soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spacers