Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
vantagedriver is infamous around these parts
Question Spacers

Hello guys...
I need some spacers for the Vantage V8 19'' stock wheels. Any ideas where i can get some or which i should take in combination with the h&r lowering springs...?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM
stearnsn is infamous around these parts
You might try the "search" function here...

There are a couple of suppliers. RSC is one.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
echo220 is infamous around these parts
I'm just in the middle of this myself. There are a few posts on here but I'm concerned with all the nightmare in some of those posts. I am going to be taking the car into the dealer to have the car lowered along with some suspension upgrades next week. I will get them to measure the length of the center hub for the shop that custom make spacers. The quote I got was really reasonable for 10 and 15 mm spacers and they seamed to know what they were talking about but not very good at getting back to people. Also doing some research on using stock H&R bolts that they sell for their spacers. I'll update you guys in about a week.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
Try Stuart at RSC ...

Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Stuart will do them, but it will take a bit of time.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I have a "custom" set from RSC ... made to my requested width ... they are working great. My guess is they might be considered the prototype for a "stock" sales set (?). I have them w/ stock 19" AM wheels (car is lowered too) - look great and the car tracks better thru sweeping curves.
I did the same spacer thing w/ wifes CaymanS (Porsche offers them) and my wife noticed/loved the difference in handling.
FYI - AM set up is different than Porsche - can not just take the wheel off and bolt on new set of spacers (like you see in the H&R adds).

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Michael, Do you have any pics of your spacers during install ?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 AM
stearnsn is infamous around these parts
The spacers are only one issue. The longer stud bolts are a bigger issue.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:05 AM
echo220 - sent you a PM

Old 06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stearnsn
The spacers are only one issue. The longer stud bolts are a bigger issue.

Longer studs we have now sourced in 9.8 steel. Took a long time to find as the AMs have weird(unusual) thread pitch.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Stuart,

Have you got the spacer issue completely sorted out ? Reading Stearnsn post on what he had to go through with his spacers, I was a bit hessitant getting a quote from you. If everything is sorted out, can you give me a quote on 10 and 15 mm spacers including bolts and any other hardwear that's required. How fast can I get them.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by echo220
Stuart,

Have you got the spacer issue completely sorted out ? Reading Stearnsn post on what he had to go through with his spacers, I was a bit hessitant getting a quote from you. If everything is sorted out, can you give me a quote on 10 and 15 mm spacers including bolts and any other hardwear that's required. How fast can I get them.
Okay, there's at least a couple of people who really seem keen on this. I would like to get the design resolved but to be honest it has sucked up a huuuuge amount of time for me so far and it is going to turn out to be basically a no margin product for us. We're quite happy to do that, but I think at this point it is probably going to turn out to be $600-700/set, and we don't want to put a lot of effort into perfecting the product if that sort of price is too much for people.

So, if we can confirm a few orders at that price so that, at the very least we're not going to lose money getting it done, I can commit to finding a reliable solution.

Regarding sizes, the wheel studs were very difficult to source, they are an odd size (14x2mm thread pitch, and a weird shoulder size, press-in) and I wanted to provide them in a very, very strong steel, just because I like to go overkill on stuff like wheel bolts. So we can source them reliably in 9.8 steel (longer wheel bolts/studs are usually 8.8) at an overall length of 77.9mm. The overall length of the OE wheel studs is 60mm so that means we can supply them to fit 15mm or 20mm spacers without any modification required to the threads.

So realistically I would probably have to say no to 10mm spacers, not because it is overly expensive to have them machined down, but because the closest shop to our office which will do machine work to a high standard in such small quantities is nearly 2 hours away, so 4 hours dropping them off, 4 hours picking them up - it ends up being an entire day of somebody's time, and gas to get them shortened. As much as I'd like to offer that service, I can't justify it on a no-margin product.

So.... I guess vote with your feet!!! If I can get 2 or 3 orders, I will dedicate some time to getting this sorted, and we will offer both 15 or 20mm spacers.

Last edited by Stuart Dickinson; 06-03-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:15 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Michael, you think your shop could fine tune a set for me without my care being present?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
setoffives is infamous around these parts
Stuart, I would be interested in getting a set if they are an easy install and safe and reliable enough for high speed driving (150mph+). It would be 15 or 20mm as I would like to push the rear wheels out enough to get flush with the arch.

Michael, do you mind sharing pictures of yours after the spacers and what size you got? Any safety concerns?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:28 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
I also have an interest. I'd like to see what they would look like, esp with slightly "overstuffed" tires on stock rims. I'm thinking 295/30-19 and 255/35-19 on stock rims. Will 15mm or 20mm spacers be a problem at stock ride height?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spacers