Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Put deposit on AM Vantage V12- Your thoughts please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Riskinator is infamous around these parts
Well... an update.

I ended up buying a beautiful red 2007 F430 Spider 3 pedal car with a very unique but classic black/red interior. Absolutely fantastic!!!

I test drove the AM Vantage V12 when it was in town for a day.... beautiful car. It really was a pleasure to drive. Perhaps someday. But for now I got back in my Ferrari and knew it was the right decision. Not a shadow of a doubt.

Thanks for all your advice!!!!

Good luck to those V12V owners. Beautiful car!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 10:49 PM
skydiver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Riskinator
Well... an update.

I ended up buying a beautiful red 2007 F430 Spider 3 pedal car with a very unique but classic black/red interior. Absolutely fantastic!!!

I test drove the AM Vantage V12 when it was in town for a day.... beautiful car. It really was a pleasure to drive. Perhaps someday. But for now I got back in my Ferrari and knew it was the right decision. Not a shadow of a doubt.

Thanks for all your advice!!!!

Good luck to those V12V owners. Beautiful car!!!
Congrats and please post pics! Did you end up buying it in Canada after all? I know originally you were looking at a new Ferrari but the Canadian price tag was ridiculous, as it is on just about any Canadian car. But just wondering why you were limiting your search to Canada especially when the dollar is on par. Even after paying GST and import taxes you still save tens of thousands...

Old 10-18-2010, 02:55 AM
echo220 is infamous around these parts
I think you made a good call. The F430 is a marvelous car. I picked mine up at the Ferrari Dealer in Vancouver, where did you pick yours up ?

Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
blayne is infamous around these parts
Congrats. Can't imagine you will regret your decision. Both are amazing cars. Do post pics when you get a chance.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Riskinator is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skydiver
Congrats and please post pics! Did you end up buying it in Canada after all? I know originally you were looking at a new Ferrari but the Canadian price tag was ridiculous, as it is on just about any Canadian car. But just wondering why you were limiting your search to Canada especially when the dollar is on par. Even after paying GST and import taxes you still save tens of thousands...
Actually I managed to get quite a good deal on a Canadian car at Ferrari of Alberta.

I've been following the market quite closely on both sides of the border. I'm quite comfortable with the deal I made. I figured that after all that was said and done.. factoring in exchange, duty, etc. etc. I paid within 5% of what I could have done in the USA. Plus, factoring in the fact that I have an extended powercube warranty, know the previous owner, etc. etc. I'm VERY glad I bought it here.

Within two weeks of buying it... I drove it down the Oregon coast, through the Redwoods and entered it into the Concorso Italiano!!! What a trip and I managed to cross off a lot of things off my bucket list!!!

Picture attached.

Attached Images