Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

straight pipes on a v8 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:22 AM
khalid is infamous around these parts
straight pipes on a v8 vantage

a friedn of mine eliminated the cats on his FERRARI GTB and the results a car that sounds awesome.

did any one try and eliminate the cats and install straight pipes instead ?
what do u guys think should i try it ?
am in the experimental phase at the moment

Old 07-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I think that would be VERY loud. I have the RSC sport CATs and that increased the volume significantly.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Originally Posted by racer_x
i think that would be very loud. I have the rsc sport cats and that increased the volume significantly.
+1

Old 07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
i ran straight pipes on my db9 for a while and it was very loud. however, it did sound like an indy car LOL the volume i liked, but the droning in the cabin became annoying after a while.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I did 200 cell cats and the most "open" exhast available - I like sound and that was way to loud ...

Old 07-03-2010, 08:17 AM
i am thinking of removing only the cats . performance more or not ?

Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
The 200 cell sport cats are thought to bump up power by about 20 bhp. Since straight pipes would be even less resistance, they may give a bit more power gain over that. However, even with the stock exhaust, I'm thinking the noise will be over the top. You could always try it though, and if it's too loud reinstall the original cats or go with some sport cats.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
I think you'd find straight pipes way too loud and it would definitely throw codes. Remember the Vantage (unlike the GTB and DB9) has only got one set of catalysts, not primaries + secondaries.

We'd be happy to set you up with a set of the RSC units though.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:42 AM
thanx guy in regarding to the codes an o2 sensor simulator could be installed which wont trigger any codes i used that with my harley davidson night rod when i installed the straight pipes .

stuart to be honest i had my doubts at first working with RSC but after all the great reviews from every one i am very interested in working with RSC i am working on the exterior and interior at the moment hopefully will be done this month then ill dig deep in the car and start the tuning ill keep you posted

Old 07-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k@V1
thanx guy in regarding to the codes an o2 sensor simulator could be installed which wont trigger any codes i used that with my harley davidson night rod when i installed the straight pipes .

stuart to be honest i had my doubts at first working with RSC but after all the great reviews from every one i am very interested in working with RSC i am working on the exterior and interior at the moment hopefully will be done this month then ill dig deep in the car and start the tuning ill keep you posted
Sounds good! Hey, we're not perfect but we really love the AMs and we try really hard to make sure all our customers are happy. Drop me a line when you're ready to go and we'll sort you out.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:15 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
I have the Larini exhaust for sale, and with the RSC cats it pretty much sounded like a strait pipe. Market place link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2911576

Old 07-17-2010, 04:02 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zambono
I have the Larini exhaust for sale, and with the RSC cats it pretty much sounded like a strait pipe. Market place link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2911576
Seems like just the cats is the way to fly on these?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:39 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
i will have both soon, just switching the exhaust.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:02 AM
sgt d is infamous around these parts
there is a video on youtube but i am currently behind a firewall. i have been searching for sound clips to see if i even wanted to change the exhaust, still want to hear the touring exhaust note. i searched here briefly last night but could not find anything.

keep in mind on the power gain with others, you will be possibly effecting the back pressure which could actually hurt performance if you do not have enough. i have heard several different systems and most to me sounded like a mustang which of course i love but i got into this car for refinement and i believe there has to be an aggressive tone that still is sexy sounding.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 AM
neither larini nor the other companies would put out an exhaust for the vantage withouth proper testing. these systems cost over $3k, and all produce more power and reduce substantial weight. The stock exhaust is a porker. By the way the V8 needs to be heard, the larinis note is somewhat italian when you open the throttle all the way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: straight pipes on a v8 vantage