Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Optimization admisson air Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Now I understand. Nice drawing there!!

Old 07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
This is the factory system.

Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
This is the factory system.
Damn, that is one serpentine pathway for the air to travel! I agree that a more direct path would probably be better. Regardless, I'm surprised that the stock inlet is so small. Seems like a bottleneck of the inlet system. Then again, I would think that AM optimized it based on the fluid dynamics.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:07 PM
ZedEx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Damn, that is one serpentine pathway for the air to travel! I agree that a more direct path would probably be better. Regardless, I'm surprised that the stock inlet is so small. Seems like a bottleneck of the inlet system. Then again, I would think that AM optimized it based on the fluid dynamics.
Certainly.

As far as intake systems go, that's an excellent design that would be difficult to improve upon.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Speaking of "daaamn" ZedEx, how does that Camaro drive with 1,200 bhp and 1,100 ft-lbs of torque? Can't imagine that much power.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
ZedEx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Speaking of "daaamn" ZedEx, how does that Camaro drive with 1,200 bhp and 1,100 ft-lbs of torque? Can't imagine that much power.
The car's still under construction, with multiple other NZ1200s in line to be built following. This particular one is for Eric Berry (NFL; Kansas City Chiefs), so it's being branded the EB Edition with a few style and performance differences. Each one sold is $10,000 donated to his foundation by National Speed, which is a great cause helping inner city children.

But the NZ1200's power band is similar to this car;

(this is a customer's drag car we built and completed a few weeks ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtaW5rDlukc

This car is driven on the street with no issues, and it is capable of low 8-second passes in the quarter mile. NZ1200s will not be as fast in the quarter mile, as they are not setup to be purposed drag cars, they are setup to be well-balanced in all performance areas.

But we realize you do not always need 1,200bhp on the street, so the vehicle is equiped with a POD (Power On Demand) system providing selectable 600bhp, 800bhp and 1,200bhp power levels. Honestly, 600bhp will put the car in the ten second range, so that's all that's really needed on the street.

When National Speed's shop NZ1200 is completed, I'll certainly post street driving footage. I think top-speed test runs might be required for... Uhhh... Data purposes.