Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Kids in Vantage???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Kids in Vantage???

My 9 yo son is giving me hell for selling the 911 turbo. He's like, "Where am I supposed to sit in the Aston Martin?".

Is it possible to sit a child in the front?

Thanks

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM
sgt d is infamous around these parts
tell him that this car is for daddy and if he wants to go somewhere ask mommy for a rideoke:

seriously though, to answer your question, i have no idea.......... i fear the day i have to get a family vehicle.......

Old 07-28-2010, 08:11 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Yeah, the wife tried to convince me to get the Porsche Panamera, M5, DB9, or Maseratti GT. Just couldn't do it. Just wasn't ready for the sport sedan!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 AM
cshsia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
Yeah, the wife tried to convince me to get the Porsche Panamera, M5, DB9, or Maseratti GT. Just couldn't do it. Just wasn't ready for the sport sedan!
I'd be thrilled the day my wife presents with the those options :P

Old 07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
sgt d is infamous around these parts
lol, that is what i was thinking too!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 AM
LOL, yeah the wife isn't half bad!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
My 9 yo son is giving me hell for selling the 911 turbo. He's like, "Where am I supposed to sit in the Aston Martin?".

Is it possible to sit a child in the front?

Thanks
What do you mean? Why wouldn't the kid sit in the front seat? He's not in a booster seat, is he?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Air bag.

Children will take most of the air bag force in the face. When I was in training, we had a 7 year old die from an air bag. The car crash itself was just a fender bender.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Radcliff is infamous around these parts
The seat should have a pressure switch, so if the occupant is under a certain weight, the passenger air bag will switch off.

Just like in every other 2 door car/truck on the market.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Originally Posted by Radcliff
The seat should have a pressure switch, so if the occupant is under a certain weight, the passenger air bag will switch off.

Just like in every other 2 door car/truck on the market.
That is true. When I had my 9yo nephew out for a ride, he was not heavy enough and a message was displayed that the pass. airbag was off. Seat all the way back etc....I am not sure what the weight is that triggers it to on though???

Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
ArnoldK. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Swoody
That is true. When I had my 9yo nephew out for a ride, he was not heavy enough and a message was displayed that the pass. airbag was off. Seat all the way back etc....I am not sure what the weight is that triggers it to on though???
110lbs.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
noladb9 is infamous around these parts
I'd hardly call a DB9 a sport sedan - your seats in the p-car were probably identical, if not bigger than the ones in the DB9. So my recommendation is to get rid of the vantage and go get a DB9 - problem solved.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
As Radcliff says, two-seaters have an airbag cutoff, which (at least in the 09 and newer Vantage) is automatic. In the US there is a regulation that requires this (don't remember which year it came into effect). Owners of 06 to 08 models can chime in to let us know if it was always automatic or some years had a manual cut-off.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
As Radcliff says, two-seaters have an airbag cutoff, which (at least in the 09 and newer Vantage) is automatic. In the US there is a regulation that requires this (don't remember which year it came into effect). Owners of 06 to 08 models can chime in to let us know if it was always automatic or some years had a manual cut-off.
It's not just 2-seaters. Front passenger airbags are defeated in all cars if there is insufficient weight in the seat.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow, didn't realize that all cars now have this. Thanks for the info!

Reading this review on Edmund's, it sounds like the Vantage started having the sensors in 2007:

What's New for 2007
The big news this year is the debut of the V8 Vantage Roadster, which goes on sale in the second quarter of 2007. While a six-speed manual transmission is standard on all 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage coupes and roadsters, a new "Sportshift" paddle-shifted sequential manual transmission is optional on the roadster. Meanwhile, the Vantage Coupe gets more standard equipment, including full leather trim and a revised seat design with an occupant classification airbag sensor, two-way lumbar adjustment and a power-operated easy-entry feature. Basic amenities like dual-stage seat heaters, seat memory and an auto-dimming rearview mirror join the options list this year. Other new extras on the 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage include bespoke colors of leather upholstery, 19-inch anthracite-finish wheels, and wider and grippier Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires.

Last edited by seattle_sun; 07-28-2010 at 10:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kids in Vantage???