Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

If All You Could Afford Is 1 Upgrade - Vantage 4.3L

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by macksamus
thanks everyone for your input....

Stuart - can you recommend a shop in N.California that i could order through and have the installation done when the time is right? i live in silicon valley (los altos, CA 94022)

thanks!
Absolutely. I would go and see BR Racing in Los Gatos - one of our authorized dealers and a great bunch of guys. Contact details are listed here: http://www.rsctuning.com/dealers.php

Old 08-05-2010, 10:24 AM
element256 is infamous around these partselement256 is infamous around these parts
ok; sounds like cats it is. and just to be clear, i wouldn't be losing any torque, right? the AM salesman i spoke with thought that cats would result in less torque given the unrestricted airflow. i'll admit not knowing the mechanics behind most of these upgrades....

lastly, how would you compare the Larini cats vs. the RSC cats. they appear to be priced about the same, but i'm not sure whether Larini offers a longer warranty than just the 3 years that come with the RSC product.
No loss of torque. It's a V8 let that baby breathe !!
If you think any "car salesman" knows the workings of what he's selling you're too funny

Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
ok; sounds like cats it is. and just to be clear, i wouldn't be losing any torque, right? the AM salesman i spoke with thought that cats would result in less torque given the unrestricted airflow. i'll admit not knowing the mechanics behind most of these upgrades....

lastly, how would you compare the Larini cats vs. the RSC cats. they appear to be priced about the same, but i'm not sure whether Larini offers a longer warranty than just the 3 years that come with the RSC product.
You should gain across the power band. I was concerned about low-end torque loss from decreased back pressure, but it didn't happen.

The Larini cats have been known to throw codes, but the RSC ones don't in my experience.