Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm confirmation beep?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
acabrera is infamous around these parts
Question Alarm confirmation beep?

Hello guys,

File this one under silly questions, but is there a way to set the AM alarm system to use an audible confirmation when the alarm is set? My Vantage key has very little range and I would like to know when the alarm is set without always having to look back at the indicator lights to know for sure.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Yes, they do have a short range, don't they. I thought there was a setting to make it beep, but I don't remember since its been so long since I set things up.

You can have them set the mirrors to fold in when it locks. This will give you a visual (and slight audio) indication that it locked.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by acabrera
Hello guys,

File this one under silly questions, but is there a way to set the AM alarm system to use an audible confirmation when the alarm is set? My Vantage key has very little range and I would like to know when the alarm is set without always having to look back at the indicator lights to know for sure.
Ditto. Would love to get the confirmation beep too.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
So its not a weak battery... lovely.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:42 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Make sure that you change the key battery as a last resort! My driver's door wasn't locking, so I decided to change the battery in the key.

What a PITA! It took me about 45 minutes to get the thing back together! The difficulty lies in that the leather straps need to slide between two pieces of tight plastic and then you need to fit the screw into two holes which are punched into the leather.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM
acabrera is infamous around these parts
Yep, I have definitely replaced the batteries a few times. I also had the dealership confirm that the range is crap. I didn't ask, at the time, whether or not the audible setting exists. It's a bit annoying but not the end of the world. Would just love to confirm whether or not it's a possibility.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I had the dealer program my car to automatically fold the side mirrors upon locking, which helps you confirm locking during the day when the lights are hard to see. Still, a beep would be nice as you wouldn't need to even look.