Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Shops In Dallas Tx?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:08 PM
P-Gunna is infamous around these parts
Shops In Dallas Tx?

Does anyone know of a reputable shop in Dallas where I can have some springs installed (09V)? I am thinking about remapping my ECU & TCU with RSC (props to Stuart ) but an 8 day turnaround...? Is there a faster alternative?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P-Gunna
Does anyone know of a reputable shop in Dallas where I can have some springs installed (09V)? I am thinking about remapping my ECU & TCU with RSC (props to Stuart ) but an 8 day turnaround...? Is there a faster alternative?
I don't want to disappoint you, but there's really no option except to pull them out and send them. Nobody anywhere has ODBII access to the AM ECUs... Just pull them out yourself and send them to us, it's really easy to do - if you can install an exhaust you can do this no problem.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Stuart,

I know I can pull my ECU/TCU but again I am working with limited vacation days. How long is the turnaround on the ECU/TCU?

I was only looking for a shop to install my springs. I would go to the dealer but I don't want to get raped.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Stuart,

I know I can pull my ECU/TCU but again I am working with limited vacation days. How long is the turnaround on the ECU/TCU?

I was only looking for a shop to install my springs. I would go to the dealer but I don't want to get raped.

Ahhhh, gotcha. If you're still overseas, perhaps you could get someone to pull them for you? That would minimize your downtime. Turnaround is not terrible. If you overnight them to Miami, we send usually at least a couple of ECUs a day to the UK office. Once they arrive there they return ship within 24 hours. So if you pulled your ECU/TCU on a Sunday night, sent them to us Monday AM, you should have them back by Friday and be driving by the weekend. We do all of our turnaround very quickly, it's just down to Fedex really. Could your old man pull them for you?

For an installer in Dallas, we have an authorized RSC dealer in Addison, which isn't too far depending upon which side of Dallas you're in?

http://www.topspeedauto.com

Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Word... I've asked Pops to pull them but he doesn't feel comforatble since it is an Aston Martin lol. What is the process? Do I purchase them on your site then send them to you?

Also about the shop in Addison, that is cool. Do I purchase the springs directly from them or you? I may be interested in the front lip and the rear diffuser as well.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
Word... I've asked Pops to pull them but he doesn't feel comforatble since it is an Aston Martin lol. What is the process? Do I purchase them on your site then send them to you?

Also about the shop in Addison, that is cool. Do I purchase the springs directly from them or you? I may be interested in the front lip and the rear diffuser as well.
Don't buy them off the site, drop me an email - Stuart@RSCTuning.com and I'll sort out your order for you, and arrange an install at this shop.

ECU/TCU removal is really easy. I'm thinking we should actually put up a 'sticky' with the instructions (mods?)

TCU is in the trunk on the RHS behind the liner. There are 3 bolts on the bracket holding it on, just unplug and remove.

ECU is in the RHS wheel arch, so you need to remove the wheel, remove the liner part of the way, and then there are 3 bolts on this as well. Same thing, unplug and remove. It's very easy. One key point to remember is that you cannot switch on the igniton, even to push the car around so the car needs to be in a location that it can stay in for a few days.

This is actually a very straightforward procedure. If you can install an exhaust, you can do this. Would be happy to talk to your pops any time on the phone if he has any troubles. It would be great for you if we could sort it out before you get back, then you won't lose any driving time!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
What about AutoScope? They have an excellent reputation.