Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Can you lease an Aston Martin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
acedking90 is infamous around these parts
Can you lease an Aston Martin?

Hi all, i've been lurking this amazing forum for a while, and I just decided to come out of hiding!

I had a recent epiphany and have decided to seriosuly begin looking at purchasing an Aston Martin V8 Coupe.

I have never actually leased a car before, but now that I am more knowledged about it, i've wanted to lease my next car rather then flat our purchase it.

My question is, can one actually lease an AMV8? If so, what type of lease options are we looking at, and do any of you have any experience with leasing these high end cars?

Also, anyone have any experience Aston Martin of New England?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I don't think many of them are leased, with one salesman telling me they have the highest all-cash purchase % (no loan or lease) of all the exotics. While that may or may not be true, there's always somebody willing to lend you money. One positive on leasing is you can be sure to use every last nit of what you pay for. Meaning, you have pre-paid the miles so to let it sit is silly. As long as you have no problem using up the miles it may not be a bad way to go. The dealer should be able to hook you up with one or check out Putnam.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I have visited w/ Pat roussel at AM NE and found him and staff very helpful ... they are also big within the AMOC for NA.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Awsome, thanks for the help.

I guess it was stupid of me to ask, i just didn't see how the dealership would willingly take back an exotic car with ~23k miles on it and be able to resell it.

I am more tempted to lease the car because I get bored with my cars fairly quickly, and my luck is such that every time I invest in a car, a new one that has tons of more goodies is released within a year or so.

Also, I'd love to be able to simply return the car at the end of my lease and start looking for another one. Consider the lease payments like a fee for driving.

Anyways, is there anywhere I could find out the leasing options, or is it something that i'd have to go into the dealership and find out?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
inthemarket is infamous around these parts
Sorry, my friend, but I do not think you will find a lease that will allow 23k miles in any term you may be interested in.

A partner at my firm was in the market for a 2010 AMV8V roadster and taking advantage of his business ownership he was looking for a lease. Because the residual is relatively bad for these cars he was offered 4k mi a year at 2,3xx a month, for a 3 year lease; every mile there after was $1+ (can't remember the exact number). This was at Aston Martin Marin outside of San Francisco about a year ago. This may be why most people purchase instead of lease AM's as Red Devil referred to?

This story is what drove me into looking at the '07-'08's.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Also if you are tempted into getting a new car every year or so, a lease would not be the best way to go as you would be committed for 'x' amount of years to that car (I'm not sure but I think AM's minimum lease is 3 years).

It sounds like purchasing a used car that has nearly fully depreciated and flipping it a year a two later may be better for you?

Good luck and let us know what you learn from the dealer!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys.

As I said before, I do like getting into a new car fairly often, but if I were to purchase an exotic car like an Aston I think I could force myself to hold onto it for atleast 3 years

Also, I was researching and it seems like around 2008 AM was offering a lease on the AMV8 for 3years, 7500k a year for $1500 a month...I believe? I could have misread.

I am really hesitant to buy this car, because I have had trouble selling cars in the past, and the thought of having something go terribly wrong with the car after my warranty is up is just frighting.

I know this differs from case-to-case but what would I be looking at to insure a car like this?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah that number sounds about right. I think a $1,500 lease is for a car around $115k; the guy I was referring to was looking at a fully loaded roadster. I'm not too sure about the miles being 7,500 a year though. I've been searching around a lot and I'm seeing a lot of '08's popping up with mileage around 10k and I was just assuming those were lease returns.

I'm definitely with you on the warranty issue. My biggest concern is buying a used AM that has problems and ends up sitting in the shop on my dime. Thankfully there don't seem to be any major concerns regarding the vantage.

Maybe call your local dealer and see what their lease rates are, you might be able to get a killer deal on a 2010 that hasn't sold yet.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
gousfbulls1 is infamous around these parts
I always use Anthracite leasing

Old 01-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I will def check out the local dealership here (AM of New England)

I am really surprised at the lack of used/new Aston Martins in stock around this area...the dealer only has one vantage coupe, and its a N420.

The only used vantage coupe is a dark green one which I am not very interested in. Everything else is out by NYC.

Thinking about either get a slightly used '09 or a trying to score a deal on a 2010 that the dealer is trying to move to make room for 2011s.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Holson is infamous around these parts
I used to get AM of Newport Beach's newsletters. I definitely remember seeing sweet lease deals (in the 1000-1500 range) for the V8. I dont remember what the downpayment or mileage allowance was though. So it's definitely available.

For whatever it's worth, I sold my V8 relatively easily when I was in California. TONS of interest but many had a hard time finding financing back then. I did find an all cash buyer at the end.

BTW - AM of NE has an 05 DB9 for $75k I think

Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I have never used these guys but here they are good: http://www.premierfinancialservices.com/