Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Aston Martin Vantage S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:41 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GiveMeACheck
Looking at the pictures it is difficult to tell...is the S a V12 body with different wheels?
Its pretty close, but it doesn't have the bonnet (hood?) vents and it looks like slightly different sills (rocker panels over there?)

Old 02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GiveMeACheck
this can't be right. You are saying that AM takes an automatic transmission, pulls the torque converter and puts an electronically activated clutch in its place?

I doubt this is the case....an btw, the Aston literature states the transmission is a single clutch.
He was talking about the Mercedes, not AM.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
watchrabbit is infamous around these parts
Top Speed

The Vantage S is supposed to have a top speed of 305kmh, which is 15Kmh faster than the standard Vantage. It doesn't sound right to me. Either the standard Vantage is limited by some parameters (gear ratio maybe?) or the S makes something different.

Anyways, the standard's 290kmh is slow compared to say 300kmh from 911S (only 385HP), or the DB9 which otherwise has pretty similar figures to the Vantage in terms of acceleration.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
The standard Vantage's top speed is redline in 6th gear, so unless they calculated it perfectly it probably is gear limited. So a few extra HP and an extra gear could easily account for the higher max speed.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by banton
Curious as to whether this is the AM attempt to blunt the sales of aftermarket tuners such as RSC. I could see that they would want to capture the $$ that are currently being spent by AM owners post-purchase. Other than the new SS II and the CF enhancements, is AM trying to re-create the aftermarket packages? Has anyone learned what the "improved dampers" are? Are they improved from the base car or the Sport Pack?
I'm very flattered that you guys think Aston holds us in high enough regard to do this!!! Certainly I know their Carbon stuff for the AMV8 was definitely in response to Aftermarket offerings.

It's also interesting to see 'Factory Upgrade Packages' coming out. At first it worried me but I realized that it actually opens the door wider for us. It legitimizes what we are doing with these cars and it means that if AM is going to offer ECU Tuning upgrades or sports catalysts through Prodrive, then (aside from our $1,000,000 insurance coverage) the consumer of an RSC remap can have even greater peace of mind. After all, if a manufacturer is offering a virtually identical product themselves, they would find it very difficult to argue from a legal standpoint that the aftermarket/non-OEM version could cause engine damage for example.

Personally as a consumer and a car enthusiast, part of the fun of ownership is the improvement, the 'fettling' and the personalization. There's something about factory upgrades that just isn't as exciting as doing it yourself. I guess that's why I'm broke.... lol.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
E60M5VROOM is infamous around these parts
i love this car

Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 AM
StevenJMenna is infamous around these parts
Aston is definitely making moves in theright direction. They just need to get rid of the tiptronic in some models and move towards a double clutch system on their sport shift.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I wonder if they HP and torque improvements will be available on the regular 2012 V12 Vantage. And it would be great if the other improvements (steering ratio, bigger brakes) were options. Anyone heard anything?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I noticed that the new vantage S has two peace rotors, do they say anything about that in the specs?

Last edited by RPVantage; 03-03-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Hey Guys,

I noticed something else about the Vantage S as I was reading through their literature.

Turns out the Vantage S comes essentially with the Brembo Big brake kit stock (comes with the same 380MM diameter kit and brembo monoblock calipers as opposed to the normal 355mm like most of our vantages. They are of course the 2 piece floating rotors for the front.)

Whether or not this is exactly the Brembo kit, or if its merely a hand-me-down from the AM GT4 front big brake kit its too hard to say without part numbers.

Just thought I would bring that to everyone's attention in case anyone was having trouble deciding between the regular V8V and the V8VS

hope that helps,
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Izis is infamous around these parts
‪Found this on some of the Uk forums today.

2011 Aston Martin Vantage S: Ascari Race Resort Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCPbR9O0J44

Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
Ascari track always looks great !! Love to try it one day.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gekko
Ascari track always looks great !! Love to try it one day.
It is every bit as lovely in person and an incredible challenge. I wasn't lucky enough to drive it in anything crazy, but a few passenger laps in a Hayabusa engined Radical and drove it myself in Klaas Zwart's first ever car - an original Fiat 500!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
saw that earlier today ... amazing footage . It does have a different exhaust note than the original 4.3Ls that's for sure. Not as edgy but definitely deeper grunt.

Hopefully the RPI & Cats will give a much deeper meatier tone.
________
Head shop

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Love the car, love the colour. And the way it sounds is magnificent! It really doesn't sound like a road car.

The Vantage S is getting brilliant reviews everywhere. The only complaint I've seen so far is that it looks like the other Astons, they are not evolving the shape, but as an owner of another Aston, I really don't mind that the new one looks like mine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Aston Martin Vantage S