Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Spec Clutches now available for Astons ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
New Spec Clutches now available for Astons ...

Stage 1 : Organic based disc kit, higher clamp pressure plate
Stage 2 : Pure Kevlar Disc
Stage 2+: Kevlar Carbon Metallic hybrid disc

The clutch kits are all available for under $2500 and vary by about $100 between the different stages (Roughly $2300, $2400, $2500 respectively). All clutches are sprung-hub clutches and have a much more precise engagement point with almost stock pedal feel & effort.

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 11-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
good to know so when i destroy my OEM. Fair Price too.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 AM
P-Gunna is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
More info:

Spoke with Spec again and they said the Stage 2+ (the kevlar / Carbon-metallic hybrid) actually has a significantly reduced break-in period than pure carbon and it has a higher power thresh-hold than regular stage 2.

The stage 2+ appears to be the best of both worlds and is only about $200 more than stage1.

Just thought I'd relay that, I am now leaning towards the Stage 2+.
________

Did you ever purchase this clutch?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:10 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
Go with RSC, I'll be getting one soon.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Marcos AMV8 is infamous around these parts
Hi guys! There is a English preparator called Bambford Rose that install the GT4 lightweight flywheel with a dual disc clutch, after the damm vibrations of my last original clutches Im going to install his one when mine RIP, I don´t know the price but surely doesn´t slippery and get burned all the time same as original when go back or forward in hills, I live like in the f... Tibet :P He has a website called Bamford Rose, search in google if interested, hope help you

Old 10-19-2011, 05:33 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Uh-oh.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I recognize that broken English anywhere

Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
No, 007, it's not me.........But I can sense your appreciation for those not as well spoken as yourself............

The English may be broken, but he brings up a good point. Bamford Rose manufactures to their own specific designs, with the exception of the QS muffler itself. These are not off-the-shelf parts. I bring this up only to illustrate that there is a difference between what BR offers and what everyone else offers, and the difference is in the knowledge curve that comes from spending 10 years on one engine, clutch and suspension for one brand.

I find it amazing that you have consistently dissed BR and their development of engine and suspension components when you have no first hand knowledge of them. If you chose, you could learn the real world use of these parts by those that have purchased them and talk about them on PH. Ask Stuart-he's a member of PH and comments fairly frequently. The users are all in England and Europe, as Bamford does not have a stateside operation, and they do not sell parts to be fitted by anyone other than themselves. Why? Because the parts (and the engine components) are covered by an insurance warranty. Find someone in the States that does that for Astons right now.

Last edited by CRVETR; 10-19-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CRVETR
The English may be broken, but he brings up a good point. Bamford Rose manufactures to their own specific designs, with the exception of the QS muffler itself. These are not off-the-shelf parts. I bring this up only to illustrate that there is a difference between what BR offers and what everyone else offers
I'm sorry but I have to take exception to this comment, and a term you have used before 'off-the-shelf parts'.

Racing Sport Concepts manufactures all of our parts to our own specific designs, with the exception of the Brembo Brake kits, and Nitron Coilovers, which are identified as such. Now of course, RSC doesn't have an air filter manufacturing facility in the back of our warehouse where we make our air filters, but then, neither does BR. We design them to our specifications and contract the best possible manufacturer to do the work. We also don't manufacture the cellular matrices which we use in our high flow catalyts, however we are responsible for the design and construction in-house. I highly doubt that Bamford Rose does anything different.

So I'm sorry, but your analysis above is flat wrong. Did you honestly think that RSC just ordered our catalysts pre-assembled for the V8 Vantage from the JC Whitney catalog. That's an insult.

I have tried very hard to be polite in our exchanges on the past, but every time someone mentions ECU tuning you jump on the thread and slag off anyone who is willing to consider it, and now you jump on this thread and start dishing out totally slanted and incorrect information promoting Bamford Rose products "only to illustrate that there is a difference between what BR offers and what everyone else offers." Not only are you wrong, you are also clearly not doing this only to illustrate a point, you're quite obviously doing it to knock 'everyone else' and promote Bamford Rose.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
I find it amazing that you have consistently dissed BR and their development of engine and suspension components when you have no first hand knowledge of them.
And frankly... I find it amazing that you have constantly dissed anyone other than BR's products, and their development of engine and suspension components when you have no first hand knowledge of them.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
Why? Because the parts (and the engine components) are covered by an insurance warranty. Find someone in the States that does that for Astons right now.
Our catalysts and exhausts are warrantied for 25 years against corrosion and workmanship, our filters are warrantied for 1,000,000 miles, and our ECU tuning has a 7-day money back guarantee, and $1,000,000 insurance coverage against damage to the engine?

Is that good enough for you? Seriously, you need to do some research before you start posting.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor
I find it amazing that you have consistently dissed BR and their development of engine and suspension components
And, FYI... Nitron is the company who is developing Bamford Rose's suspension package... funny that, RSC offers a package for the Vantage from Nitron.

But I guess what you're saying is probably right, Bamford Rose is the ONLY company that designs and manufactures their own products.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Marcos AMV8 is infamous around these parts
Im an AM owner..

Sorry guys but Im not Bamford Rose staff member or anything, Im just see this threat and just give information to help others have options that may help them. I live in Spain, the Canary islands and we don't have a dealer workshop so for me is easy to buy parts in England, I don't say that one is better than another or England tunners are better than North Americans, since Im looking to tune my v8 I see all the pages about and see nice products and ideas from all, surelly price, money exchange, service, information, others owners opinions, liability, look and an insurance will be cosidered if buy a including a simple pair of pads or a clutch system. I see suspicious post too about people trying to look like commun users of V8 and for me thats do not say too much about a product, I prefer the opinion of a real user or best from a friend, know that posts aren't maked with bad idea but people in this bussines may consider that could be not prudential. Anyway the competition make everybody better and grow up so let's rock! Hugs for all!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 AM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
And, FYI... Nitron is the company who is developing Bamford Rose's suspension package... funny that, RSC offers a package for the Vantage from Nitron.
Stuart-

This is where assumptions can hurt you..............

BR DOES NOT use Nitron as a supplier. In my development stage discussions with BR for the work that I will have done, I have seen the design requirements, the prototype orders, the testing and validation data, the purchase orders and the real world application results of these components on real cars. Nitron IS NOT a supplier for any components that he uses.

The fact is that BR did not feel that Nitron was of a quality that is commensurate with the demands of these cars at peak levels and long term use.

Wow, that's got to sting........

Last edited by CRVETR; 10-21-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart-

This is where assumptions can hurt you..............

BR DOES NOT use Nitron as a supplier. In my development stage discussions with BR for the work that I will have done, I have seen the design requirements, the prototype orders, the testing and validation data, the purchase orders and the real world application results of these components on real cars. Nitron IS NOT a supplier for any components that he uses.

The fact is that BR did not feel that Nitron was of a quality that is commensurate with the demands of these cars at peak levels and long term use.

Wow, that's got to sting........
Doesn't sting at all. I already knew this, just a little experiment you see.... Interesting that you replied to my other post several hours ago, but didn't have an answer for this one straight away... not until you had time to report back to Bamford Rose and recieve the official response so you could post it here. The way I hear it, was nothing to do with quality, had more to do with not being willing to spend the money on a quality product (and possibly not wanting to be involved with a company that RSC was, but that's just conjecture.)

I find it ridiculous that you claim to have nothing against RSC. You don't even own an Aston, criticize others for commenting on things they have 'no first-hand knowledge of' and despite claiming to have nothing against us you feel the need to report back to headquarters and come back here to post the results several hours later (of course there's a time difference so you couldn't get that info in the middle of the night in England.)

You have never contacted me to enquire about our products, and yet continue to post post incorrect assertions here, promoting them as fact. I'm still waiting for you to respond to this one:
Quote:
Why? Because the parts (and the engine components) are covered by an insurance warranty. Find someone in the States that does that for Astons right now.

Our catalysts and exhausts are warrantied for 25 years against corrosion and workmanship, our filters are warrantied for 1,000,000 miles, and our ECU tuning has a 7-day money back guarantee, and $1,000,000 insurance coverage against damage to the engine?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Spec Clutches now available for Astons ...