Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Next gen v8 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Next gen v8 vantage

hey guys,

ill be in the market for a new car around the end of this year or around 2012. i was wondering does any one know about the next gen v8 vantage? i dont want to buy a v8 vantage only to have new ones come out in year. thanks in advance.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i dont think there is one on the horizon. db9 would be next before amv8 and that's not in the picture yet.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:52 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Well, you could buy the new Vantage S and tell us all your impressions, including the new 7 speed transmission (especially reverse )...

Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
if there is a new vantage it won't look to different than the current one, just like the current one doesn't look very different than the astons of yesteryear

Old 04-26-2012, 01:26 AM
irvineboy is infamous around these parts
Rumor has it is 2014 but probably just a minor refresh with more hp and better mileage.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
DonL - what about reverse? The only reason I ask is because it seems that unless I have it in sport mode it seems to slip the clutch a fair amount.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dr. G
DonL - what about reverse? The only reason I ask is because it seems that unless I have it in sport mode it seems to slip the clutch a fair amount.
No issue in mine
In fact the opposite - if I pull away in Sport mode the clutch smells
It's a lot better than ASM1 though

Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dr. G
The reverse gear ratio in the 6 MT is nearly as "tall" as second gear; it's easy to stall in reverse if you don't slip the clutch, and very difficult to back up an incline.

I was hoping that AM "fixed" that issue in the "S" with the new 7 speed.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
AM just did a re-fresh (so-to-speak) on the V8 Vantage.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mikey k
No issue in mine
In fact the opposite - if I pull away in Sport mode the clutch smells
It's a lot better than ASM1 though
Clutches don't smell, they can stink though. Noses smell.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
i dont think there is one on the horizon. db9 would be next before amv8 and that's not in the picture yet.
We can pretty much guess what the next vantage will look like base on what they do the the next gen DB9. I am sure it will be an evolutionary design direction.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I have no idea why Aston put such a tall gear in reverse. I wish they swapped out reverse for 1st gear and vice versa. A much taller first would have been alot better with a shorter reverse gear. Sometimes I wonder if they accidentally switched the two

Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
I have no idea why Aston put such a tall gear in reverse. I wish they swapped out reverse for 1st gear and vice versa. A much taller first would have been alot better with a shorter reverse gear. Sometimes I wonder if they accidentally switched the two
Would be pretty jolting to put the car in 1st gear, smash the throttle and have the car go full speed in reverse and then shift into second gear and have it come to a dead stop and start moving in the forward direction.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Id heard they chose all the forward ratios, then found there was only space in the box for a small, therefore tall, reverse.

Don't know how true that is, but sounds plausible.

They have fixed the problem with the 7-speed box in the Vantage S. There they found room for 7 forward gears, plus a sensible reverse, and saved 30Kg weight. Perfect!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:25 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DonL
The reverse gear ratio in the 6 MT is nearly as "tall" as second gear; it's easy to stall in reverse if you don't slip the clutch, and very difficult to back up an incline.

I was hoping that AM "fixed" that issue in the "S" with the new 7 speed.
ASM1 and the manual are the same gearbox
ASM2 is 7 speed with reverse closer to first and no creep mode
Much much better than my ASM1 car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Next gen v8 vantage