Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New RSC Customer, Thanks Stuart.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 PM
sgt d is infamous around these parts
New RSC Customer, Thanks Stuart.

i just felt the need to publicly thank stuart for taking care of me on a sunday of all things, i just purchased the cats with the touring exhaust and hope to have them installed by the end of the week. also i had a set of wheels made that i forgot to share with the group, i wanted something simple but classy to me and looked as if they could have easily just come already on the car. i will post up a video clip of the exhaust once it is installed and i will also get some better pictures of the wheels.

the wheels were done by trueforged, this company has had my business for years and i have had several sets on my mustangs. i hounded him to come up with a new design and we worked together to get the above set up.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Please let us know the difference after you install the cats, I'm interested in buying a set for my car , but I don't know it adding cats to the tubi exhaust would be a lot of noise lol.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RPVantage
Congrats! Please let us know the difference after you install the cats, I'm interested in buying a set for my car , but I don't know it adding cats to the tubi exhaust would be a lot of noise lol.
Same here, I have Quicksilver exhaust and am concerned adding the cats may be too loud and also have yet to see someone stand by a performance gain with them.

I like the wheels, do you have spacers on the rears? They seem to fill out more.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:25 PM
no spacers, this was the first set for an aston he had made. they could actually come out another 1/4" or so and had i realized that lip was going to be so minor i would have opted to not do it and just run the face flush to the hoop to fit more tire.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
What size tires?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Great looking wheels, and yes, Stuart is a Prince. He has helped me while I wait to buy an AM, and has treated me like family.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
What size tires?

i have to get the info in the morning, i do not remember off of the top of my head

Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
RHYNO is infamous around these parts
I have the same exhaust setup as you are getting Sgt d! It sounds great!!! Not to loud at lower rpm's but when you get on it it really comes alive. Check out my video...
http://www.motorwerke.ca/cars/2009-a...tin-v8-vantage

Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
i actually was watching your video about two minutes before i decided to pull the trigger..lol..

Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
This video begs a question that I have wanted to ask for quite a while.

This is the first Vantage that I have seen with the mods installed that IS NOT done on top of the Vantage Sport Pack option already on the car. Since the Sport Pack really is just an upgrade of the dampers, how important are the dampers when using the RSC upgrades to the springs, ECU, TCU, cats and exhaust?

I had assumed (dangerous) that I needed to look for a car with the Sport Pack already on it. What experience do those of you have with a 4.7 without the Sport Pack option, but with the RSC mods?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 AM
RHYNO is infamous around these parts
^ Staurt will have to answer that question.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:05 PM
fedex man just arrived, i am going to finish lunch and then headed to the shop. i will get a fly by of the stock sound and then a flyby of the touring with the cats. damn stuart, that got here extremely fast!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM
wow! i was afraid of it sounding like a plain ol' v8 but this thing screams. i was actually afraid that the touring may not be loud enough but it is impressive and definitely gives you a different feel in the ****pit. we have a small leak that we will address tomorrow but for the most part it was a simple install, i initially had buyers remorse but at this point the smile is from ear to ear.

i did get the videos however i am an iphone newbie and they are upside down, let me see if i can flip them and then i will post it. the car does feel different, more than i expected it to. i know opening up the exhaust was going to help but it revs through alot faster and it even seems to be more responsive.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:11 PM
lol, the filter caught the ****pit. easier identified as the cabin or seat of the pants..........

Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 PM
ok here are the videos, the exhaust leak is fixed so i need to get another video because it did change the tone of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New RSC Customer, Thanks Stuart.