Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Aston Martin Virage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 03:44 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
I was at the Geneva Show yesterday, and had a lengthy discussion with manager there, I asked him to explain to me the idea behind this model, he tried hard to show me that it is a new model, but I was never confined, at the end, he said that the DB9 might be discontinued, and the Virage will be in its place later on after fulfilling the latest orders of DB9s that came through lately. He also told me yes the new headlights are keepers, and sooner or later, the DBS will get them, when? he doesn't know..

With that explanation, ok maybe I can see that there will be no more DB9 name, and will head to Virage and other names.. so it is a face lift, they just introduced the car with a different name, and the DB9 will probably be no more.. why they did it this way? I don't know.. was it the right approach, I don't know.. is this really what is gonna happen? it is only according to the conversation I had at Aston Martin booth.. Time will tell

Old 03-14-2011, 05:56 AM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
The new headlights probably include DRLs, so they will be essential when the new European legislation comes into force, Hopefully, they won't mist up the way the current ones do.

That means they will go across the whole range, which is probably fairly simple for them to implement as the wings are composite, so no major retooling needed.

DB9 has been out a very long time, so maybe this is the way it gets decommissioned, but it seems like a poor way to treat the people that have ordered DB9s.