Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

N420 Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
will have a before/after sound clip of my RPI exhaust on the dyno shortly ...
________
Park Royal 1 Pattaya

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Rice4492 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spamv8
Rice4492
please post your impression/audio clip after you get the RSC cats installed. I have a N420 and would love to see how the Cats change the sound.
Will do. Check back here this weekend I anticipate it will be installed by then. Weather permitting I will perform some sick music for you!

Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
macksamus is infamous around these parts
Anyone have a clip of the N420 Sport Exhaust? I'd like really like to have a listen.

I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust, and so far my favorites (in order of preference) are Larini and Tubi.

I know that lots of folks here like the RSC and Quicksilver, but the RSC definitely sounds a bit too raspy for me. And I'm kinda lukewarm about the Quicksilver.

The Larini seems a bit hard to get a hold of, so I may be going with the Tubi. But I would like to hear the N420 before pulling the trigger. According to my dealer, the N420 is on par with the Tubi. In fact, the N420 is also cheaper ($3,100 vs. $3,400), although not by much.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
jmargolese is infamous around these partsjmargolese is infamous around these parts
I put in the RSC cats and filters but left the OEM exhaust. The power is noticeable and the sound is to die for. Not the best video, but you will get the point. Best part is I can make it sound mean and loud by hitting the throttle hard or keep my wife happy by being gentls and it purrs even with the top down on the freeway.

http://www.youtube.com/v/0zJ0hIYs7nU&hl

Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJPatel
I have the Quicksilver super sport on my AM. And I love it. The noise is absolutely to die for. Highly recommended.
+100. I have it and it sounds amazing!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
i actually found this video clip doing the exact comparison i was looking for:

Stock AM V8V exhaust vs Stock AM N420 Sport Exhaust

Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
The sport exhaust is now an option on all 4.7 vantages and standard on the S

Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by macksamus
i actually found this video clip doing the exact comparison i was looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WVakqLKUf0

Stock AM V8V exhaust vs Stock AM N420 Sport Exhaust
Thanks for posting this clip. The N420 definitely sounds better to my ears.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I received the following product description from a local AM dealer regarding the AM Sports Exhaust (i.e., the exhaust fitted to the N420). Also, in reading the N420 brochure, it looks like the AM Sports exhaust is only lighter by 2.8kg (~6 lbs) compared to the stock system. That should translate to about a 10% reduction in weight / baffle material and therefore should be louder (but probably not by much).

Sports Exhaust
The V8 Vantage Sports Exhaust has a new stainless steel silencer is designed and developed to the same exacting durability and integrity standards applied to the cars' original fit silencer guaranteeing compatibility with your Aston Martin.
The silencer is an all new lighter design having a new external shape profiled to support undercar airflow, different internal tuning and retains the engine management controlled exhaust valves. Uniquely, this ensures that this silencer is fully compliant with all noise legislation yet gives the V8 a more dynamic soundtrack.
Aston Martin engineers have developed a new engine calibration that has optimised valve opening points to maximise sound quality but at low load and cruising speed the valves close to minimise unwanted noise. The exhaust valves also stay open on the over-run to give a distinctive and different sports characteristic to the standard silencer.
To signify the fitment of the Sports Exhaust system a pair of new dark smoked stainless steel Graphit-IC tailpipes are supplied. These tailpipes are exclusive to this system, and the construction of these parts has been tuned to work in conjunction with the silencer.
The sports exhaust is suitable for fitment to the V8 Vantage N400, 09MY, 10MY and 4.3ltr cars that have the 400BHP Power Upgrade.

Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
If you can get the Vantage S exhaust I would highly recommend it. I don't know what they did but it sounds the best of all the exhausts I have heard, by far!

Caveat: I've only heard the N420, QuickSilver, and stock exhaust

Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
AFAIK the N420 sport exhaust option is the one fitted to the S

Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I was told the same by a few service guys and sales people. However, when I followed up with the parts department of a few AM dealers here in the US and the UK, both confirmed that the exhaust part numbers are different (and apparently the exahust on the S cannot be fitted to my MY09 V8V).

So, the AM Sport exhaust that is fitted to the N420 does not appear to be the same as the one fitted to the S. Might explain why some folks here that have driven both the N420 and S claim that the sound is different.

Originally Posted by mikey k
AFAIK the N420 sport exhaust option is the one fitted to the S

Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
lacir is infamous around these parts
Indeed I drove the S and I own an N420. Sound to me seems different. I also pulled the Fuse for valves and the exhaust is GREAT especially on downshifts. Very throaty and angry sounding. Burbles on rev. I'm sure there is louder (ie quicksilver) but to me this is perfect, especially when I get to hear it bounce off the walls of the highrises in the city where I live.

Last edited by lacir; 07-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
In that case I'm very pleased I have the S especially as it is a roadster

Old 07-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by lacir
Indeed I drove the S and I own an N420. Sound to me seems different. I also pulled the Fuse for valves and the exhaust is GREAT especially on downshifts. Very throaty and angry sounding. Burbles on rev. I'm sure there is louder (ie quicksilver) but to me this is perfect, especially when I get to hear it bounce off the walls of the highrises in the city where I live.
I have the Quicksilver exhaust before buying the S and the S is about the same in terms of loud but the burbles and garbles in the S really set it apart for me. The Quicksilver exhaust sound was great and addictive (see my comments above before I bought the S) and this is somehow better!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: N420 Sport Exhaust