Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Average age here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Benjamin09 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
Lambo already did the SUV thing - remember the LM002? Their first 4WD model.
LM002 was a beast! Nothing says I can ruin multiple owners of Lambo like that machine.

I saw one for sale not long ago, though hard about it because its just so different and not many people really know about it. I heard a story that one of Saddam's kids had one and the US Army blew it up demo'ing what IED's do to cars/hummers.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:24 PM
vonFerro is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Patrick B

I've had about 55 different cars, trucks or bikes in my life, and as my wife will attest (and much to her dismay!), I'm always on the lookout for something new and thrilling to drive.
Fifty bloody five?! Holy crap. I've owned... three.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Malibu101481 is infamous around these parts
30 For me, promised myself a Vantage at this age.

Wasn't a gift either, worked my *** off and put myself through college, B school and even Iraq for the money needed to get the damn thing.

No kids, wife or girlfriend...so I throughly enjoy how the panties seem to magically fall off with the car

Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vonFerro
Fifty bloody five?! Holy crap. I've owned... three.
At the rate I was going thru cars from my 20's to mid 30's was avg 2 per year give or take (some years more then others) ...at that rate by 55 I will have been upto 60 cars!!! ... Alas my plan now is to consolidate a few, trim down the herd, re-focus proffesionally and with my business, and then add to the stable but this time only a few very specific cars.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
I thought this was a very interesting thread and I, like most others here, was surprised with the demographics of Aston owners. I don't own an Aston but I am a huge fan of them - I'm actually debating which car I'm going to get next: an Aston or a Porsche Turbo S. There are specific things that I love about both of them.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I am surprised how "young" a lot of you Aston owners are! I really did not expect so many 20 somethings. I do not if this is a true representation of the broader Aston buyer demographic, or if there are othe factors at play such as the much older buyers are less likely to jump on an Internet forum?

I'm sure the average buyer age is something that is probably tracked very closely, and is the sort of thing that someone from the company or dealerships could give us an interesting perspective on?

Old 08-18-2012, 06:02 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Malibu101481

Wasn't a gift either, worked my *** off and put myself through college, B school and even Iraq for the money needed to get the damn thing.
Respect.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
This is interesting http://www.tescocompare.com/why/medi..._and_age.shtml

Says that the average AM age is 36 and that Porsche is the mid-life crisis car of choice!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:30 AM
jmargolese is infamous around these partsjmargolese is infamous around these parts
42 for me. What is interesting is that I was at a recent Aston happy hour in Dallas and the average age of the Vantage owners was mid 30s, early 40s. The average age of the DB9/DBS crowd was probably in the mid 50s. It was a decidedly split crowd along the car lines.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:45 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
I'm holding down the "upper end of the age curve"--I'll be 77 in 2-days. Bought my 2008 V8V for my 75th Birthday--I wanted to be able to "drive it like it was stolen", before I get too old. Recently I've had Corvettes, a Porsche and now the Aston that is my favorite for sure. I started riding Street-bikes when I was 64, had 9 different bikes since then including a Harley, VFR-interceptor, and now a BMW RT. Put about 130,000 miles on them in the past 12years. I still ride dirt with my 2 grandsons. Fun stuff for "an Old Guy!".

Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
31 here. I fell in love with Aston's when I saw my first Vanquish back in high school. I still remember who I was driving with and doing a U-turn to follow the car to get a better look.
From that moment on I knew I would own an Aston Martin and successfully met my goal to own one before I was 30 and before my first child. I already know she is a keeper and will only add to her in the future.

I love that there is no typical AM owner. Here in Austin most of the people I have met with Astons are in their late 30's, early 40's. The professions of all AM owners vary widely as well!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
blakegt3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
Says that the average AM age is 36 and that Porsche is the mid-life crisis car of choice!
I'm 38 and have been a Porsche nut since childhood (currently own 3 911s). However, the AM has always been high on my list for a GT car. I think the James Bond brand alliance really helped, and after driving a DB9 and a V8V, I was even more hooked on the ride...

I made my money in the dot com boom in Silicon Valley right out of college, and then decided to chill and start a family in Park City Utah. That was a great choice- though 8 month of extreme winters annually puts a damper on any "real" driving with fun cars. A few years back, I said screw it and now drive a 911 RWD Cab (AWD is for sissies) year round with winter tires. What a blast! I'm thinking of an V8V as my DD... That car is sex on wheels.

Last edited by blakegt3; 08-18-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I'm 44 and on my second Aston. I love the cars and the brand. My cars have both been Vantages, the bigger cars feel like they are for an older audience.

I'd like a car that is even more hardcore than my V12, something like the Zagato would do nicely.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Within a few years after the V8V went on sale, Aston Martin said the average age of a (new) V8V buyer was 43.

I bought my '09 at 42. Now 45. Wanted an Aston since I was about 5.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
This is interesting http://www.tescocompare.com/why/medi..._and_age.shtml

Wow looks like I am spot on the average age ! I'm a 36 year old Aston Martin owner BUT I think the vantage has a ton to do with bringing the average age to that number, I think is they broke it down by average age per model the DB9/DBS and rapide would be much higher most likely in the mid to late 50s perhaps?

And 911 average age being 40 I would have never thought! I bought my GT2 a while back in my early 30s and I've met quite a few pca enthusias in their mid 30s, some as students of mine during pca track events or porsche club social events.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Average age here