Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Post some Pics of your Ride

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
tjf06db9 is infamous around these parts
Here's my '06 DB9Name:  SAM_1930-5.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  AM-1.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  356.0 KB

Name:  Aston Martin 010.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  268.8 KB

Old 08-19-2012, 05:21 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Astons are certainly beautiful automobiles. Not many of you guys put nicer wheels on them I see. After seeing the few who do, it's hard understand not doing it.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ice350
Astons are certainly beautiful automobiles. Not many of you guys put nicer wheels on them I see. After seeing the few who do, it's hard understand not doing it.
Not quite sure what nicer means? Aftermarket?

I love my optional sport pack wheels and feel it compliments the Vantage better than any aftermarket wheel. Just my opinion.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I agree. I have yet to see an aftermarket wheel that looks as good as some of the OEM Aston wheels, never mind better. To each his own, of course.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Vanquish2002 is infamous around these parts
Vanquish

really? Nobody owns a Vanquish here? I keep reading this forum frequently for about 2 years now and hardly ever found information about the Vanquish. Well, let me hold up the flag and send some pics of my car.
Cheers, Markus

Attached Images    
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Markus. Very nice , very rare around here!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I thought a few times about putting aftermarket wheels like HRE or otherwise on my DB9, but having the factory sport pack which include the (what I think look just perfect on this car) split 5 spoke forged sport wheels and titanium wheel bolts, I have a hard time thinking of any better choice for the car. Every time I look at the car or go to drive it or take a picture, all wheels considered, I don't think any aftermarket wheel can match the sport pack wheels on the DB9, first time I felt this way about a factory optional wheel which is just absolutely spot on for the car it's fitted to.

Last edited by sunir; 08-19-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vanquish2002
really? Nobody owns a Vanquish here? I keep reading this forum frequently for about 2 years now and hardly ever found information about the Vanquish. Well, let me hold up the flag and send some pics of my car.
Cheers, Markus
Welcome! Yes, the Aston forum has a tendency to be a Vantage forum because there are just so many Vantage owners as opposed to Vanquish, etc. owners. We need more folks like you, so stick around! Beautiful car btw.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vanquish2002
Cheers, Markus
Nice car!

I actually know three local owners of Vanquish's - but they don't frequent the forums, but do attend some of the car shows.

(I have a thread here somewhere from the Toronto Exotic Car Show which features a few Vanquish's in case your interested) One is a Vanquish S, last one ever sold in North America.

EDIT:
Here's the link to the show: Some other Aston's that are around the city (Spoke to many of the owners, unfortunately, few frequent the forums)
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...age-heavy.html

Last edited by gekko; 08-20-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:37 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
A friend of mine has a Vanquish S also. It too is one of the last ones I beleive. He actually has a 6 Spd manual gearbox in it somehow he got them to do a converstion from the flappy paddle box standard in the Vanq.

It's a really nice car, broad shoulders and pronounced snout! Here is a pic of our cars at a Cars & Coffee earlier this year.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love to see more Vanquish pics as well. I think it is the sexist Aston of all and better looking than the pics I've seen of the upcoming new model.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome

Thanxx a lot for the warm welcome to you all. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend any car shows or meetings since I live in San Salvador but the car is stored in a garage in Germany. Believe me, you do not want to drive a Vanquish in San Salvador. Naturally the later models dominate the forum here and that is no problem since I love to see any Aston. Still, it would be great to get some classics involved here. Variety is the spice of life. But perhaps thats a topic for another thread.
Markus

Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Marcus,

The Vanquish is superb -- great to see it.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Speedraser
Marcus,

The Vanquish is superb -- great to see it.
thanks, but the grief it gave me...in early 2010 I bought the car with 12ooo Miles in San Diego and shipped it to Denmark since I was living in Copenhagen at the time. In Germany, the container was opened and the car transported on a hanger. The agency told me the car would not start, probably low battery power. I told them to deliver it to the Aston dealership in Copenhagen to have it checked. And the next day I received a phone call from hell. All electrical units, all modules, all cables were burnt out, the plastic covers molten. From the back lights to the gauges everything was destroyed. They presumed that somebody tried to start the car on a truck battery until smoke came up. It took them a couple of days to even estimate the cost of repair which in the end was over 21000 Euros. Well, I am not the kind of guy who carries 21000 Euros in his back pocket to get his toy repaired. After the shock faded and the trembling stopped I called the agency. They refused all responsibility and claimed that I cannot proof this happened while the car was in their custody. Finally I remembered that I had taken out transport insurance before shipment. Praise the lord I did not try to safe a few bucks. Of course they were reluctant to pay also and told me this was not exactly a transport damage. Finally they agreed to pay the repair but wanted me to take the car to a cheap independent garage. After more arguing I finally got the go ahead. The repair took 5 months. Due to this I look 10 years older and I am too scared to even move the car in case something brakes that will cost me the price of a brand new middle class car. But I still pretty damn love the car and have no intention to part with it.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:01 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Wow that is a scary story

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Post some Pics of your Ride