Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New era Aston Book

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Not only is the book great but I just received and updated pdf for 2012 changes. That is CLASS! Thank-you.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:02 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
Not only is the book great but I just received and updated pdf for 2012 changes. That is CLASS! Thank-you.
Me too. That's nice.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
Ditto - Grant put together a great book, if you don't have a copy - make sure you order one!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Thanks guys, glad you like the update, I'm aiming to do the same next spring & autumn (depending on the changes/new models etc).

Just a heads-up: the updated book came into stock last week and Sceptre tell me all back orders (including the US) went out last Wednesday. So they should be arriving any time soon... storms accepted, sorry to hear some of you are having a rough time weather wise.

A few people who ordered the first edition via Amazon have emailed to say they haven't had the PDF update. In that case check your Amazon account email and you should find the offer of the free PDF there, just respond via your Amazon account and it should be emailed back.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Now how about that iBooks or Kindle version?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Now how about that iBooks or Kindle version?
Hi Karl, thanks for the reminder I will sort an electronic version..... but it is unlikely to be available until well into (mid) next year as the whole layout has to be completely changed/re-vamped and that is months of work with all the content, text boxes and images -

At least you got a PDF taster to view on your iPAD with the free update

Last edited by Grant3; 08-31-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Gave up on update

I can't seem to get the book update. I bought it through Amazon but they claim ignorance. Very frustrating!!!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
The book is fantastic and money well spent. The biggest drawback is that reading the improvements by model year lists may empty your pockets of even more cash (because you just have to have the improved air conditioning system, etc).

Great job, Grant! (I meant to put the exclamation point there).

Old 10-16-2011, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by scottblack
I can't seem to get the book update. I bought it through Amazon but they claim ignorance. Very frustrating!!!
Hi Scott, no problem, just pop me your email address and I'll get a copy of the 2nd edition PDF update emailed over to you today.

Amazon don't release email addresses to Sceptre Publishers, so they couldn't automatically email the update to everyone that purchased the first edition through that website - everyone that ordered direct through Sceptre's own site www. astonmartinreview.co.uk (space added as live links aren't allowed) should have had a copy direct to their in box. But every Amazon buyer should have had an email to their Amazon account offering the free update - of course the drawback with that is many people don't check their Amazon accounts very often - hence the reason I posted details of the update here. Apologies for any confusion.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by Dr. G
The book is fantastic and money well spent. The biggest drawback is that reading the improvements by model year lists may empty your pockets of even more cash (because you just have to have the improved air conditioning system, etc). Great job, Grant!
Hi Dr G., thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed the guide - as you say buying an Aston is a slippery slope, you start off thinking about a 4.3 V8 and end up with a DBS.
I hope you end up with a fabulous new Aston very soon.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:04 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the update! It is great.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 AM
tjf06db9 is infamous around these parts
I've had the book for quite awhile & love it. Read it cover to cover on a flight to Cabo. Wish I had it when I was searching for an AM to buy.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Scott, your welcome to the PDF update... do I see a V12 Vantage in your avatar - have you change to the "beast"?

Tjf06DB9 - Thanks for the comment on the book and may I say your DB9 looks superb.

Aston Update - If you are thinking of buying new I have just been told that due to supply problems (the world shortage of various metals) all new Aston's are currently being supplied with the Piano Black upper fascia as standard - with no alloy options. Good thing the Piano Black looks great

Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
11CayenneS is infamous around these parts
I love this book and it creates do much clarity on the model year differences! Everyone wanting to buy an Aston should have this book, heck the dealerships should have this book

Old 11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Just ordered a copy...cant wait to get it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New era Aston Book