Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New era Aston Book

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 11CayenneS
I love this book and it creates do much clarity on the model year differences! Everyone wanting to buy an Aston should have this book, heck the dealerships should have this book
. . . and everyone who owns one too.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:57 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Yes, it's been 1.5 weeks of blissful ownership! Thanks for noticing.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by 11CayenneS
I love this book and it creates do much clarity on the model year differences! Everyone wanting to buy an Aston should have this book, heck the dealerships should have this book
Originally Posted by Racer_X
. . . and everyone who owns one too.
Cheers guys, much appreciated makes putting it together worth while.

Originally Posted by scottblack
Yes, it's been 1.5 weeks of blissful ownership! Thanks for noticing.
What are your initial thoughts on the "beast" of the range Scott?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I really love the car. You are correct, it is as different to drive as the DB9 to the DBS. The V8V is mre tossable sports car while the V12V is more exotic. I have been suprised by the attention the tungsten hued car gets compared to the vertigo blue V8. And hitting the sport button has a much greater impact than I remembered from test drives. It is simply the Aston I wanted when I ordered my 2007 new years ago.

I do miss the V8V, but hope to keep my V12V forever.

Last edited by scottblack; 12-05-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
I bought the book because watching a bunch of Top Gear episodes got me thinking about AM. Since I don't enjoy steep depreciation, I started out looking at 4.3 V8Vs. But now that I've read the book, I'm fairly sure I'd end up at least a little bit disappointed with the performance. My previous car was a 911 Turbo and the current toy is a Noble M400. Both have been massaged with stronger turbos and associated tuning.

Nothing comes close to the style of the current AM line, and I understand wanting to own a slice of British heritage, but I'm going to wait for the 4.7 to come down a notch or two.

Thanks to Grant for all your research and insight!

Jeff

Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Bringing this nice thread back!!! wow looks like grant has done a fabulous job! I would like to get my copy, is the book still available in newest version and if so where? Is a new version coming out soon (like should I hold off if there is a new version just around the corner)? And does the book go into the db9 and other v12 astons or is it mostly the v8v covered in the book? Thanks again!!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
Bringing this nice thread back!!! wow looks like grant has done a fabulous job! I would like to get my copy, is the book still available in newest version and if so where?
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Bringing this nice thread back!!! wow looks like grant has done a fabulous job! I would like to get my copy, is the book still available in newest version and if so where? Is a new version coming out soon (like should I hold off if there is a new version just around the corner)? And does the book go into the db9 and other v12 astons or is it mostly the v8v covered in the book? Thanks again!!
Hi Sunir, the book covers V8/V8S/V12Vantage, Zagato, DB9, Virage, DBS and Rapide. We are constantly updating the guide as Aston are always updating the range in some way. The latest book is the 3rd edition, this covers all aspects of the cars up until the 2012 model year. We also send out an occasional free PDF update (via email) to people who have purchased the guide via Sceptre's own website, we expect to send one out after the Geneva show.

You can gain further details on the books own website, I can't post an active link as this is against the forum rules, but you can simply search for Aston Martin review, www. astonmartinreview.co.uk

Thanks for the post and hope the book proves of interest

Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Grant3
Hi Sunir, the book covers V8/V8S/V12Vantage, Zagato, DB9, Virage, DBS and Rapide. We are constantly updating the guide as Aston are always updating the range in some way. The latest book is the 3rd edition, this covers all aspects of the cars up until the 2012 model year. We also send out an occasional free PDF update (via email) to people who have purchased the guide via Sceptre's own website, we expect to send one out after the Geneva show.

You can gain further details on the books own website, I can't post an active link as this is against the forum rules, but you can simply search for Aston Martin review, www. astonmartinreview.co.uk

Thanks for the post and hope the book proves of interest
Hi Grant...I'd like the latest book and would like to get the update PDFs as they come out so looks like I will need to purchase on Sceptre's own website which is fine...can you PM me with a link to the purchase page...

thanks again, can't wait to have a look, no doubt it's sure to prove valuable and helpful

Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi Grant...I'd like the latest book and would like to get the update PDFs as they come out so looks like I will need to purchase on Sceptre's own website which is fine...can you PM me with a link to the purchase page.thanks again, can't wait to have a look, no doubt it's sure to prove valuable and helpful
Hi Sunir, thanks for the reply, just visit www. astonmartinreview.co.uk (without the gap after the www.) and you will be on the official website, they send a lot to the US. As mentioned I want to respect the websites rules so I can't post a live link. The secure PayPal payment option is half way down the page.

Best of luck with the change, I moved from a 996TT with Cargraphic cats/exhaust to a 4.3 Vantage and after a series of Porkers thoroughly enjoyed the Aston, best of luck with your search.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
^^^ Thanks Grant just did exactly like you indicated and ordered it right from that weblink/sceptre - for 27 GBP on the site (US/ROW price)...printed out my reciept and all set, used Amex, don't have/use paypal.

When can I expect my book? thanks again for the help mate ... I actually already purchased a DB9 and really enjoy the car, it compliments my GT2 very well and both are quite special in their own ways ... I put up a thread about my DB9 here on this forum... check it out here ---> https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tory-pics.html

Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Hey Grant, looks like the book is really doing well. Glad to see it. And I really like that it was written by "one of us." Cheers!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Hey Grant, looks like the book is really doing well. Glad to see it. And I really like that it was written by "one of us." Cheers!
Thanks Racer, I hope you are still enjoying that wonderful V12V.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:53 AM
^^^ Thanks Grant just did exactly like you indicated and ordered it right from that weblink/sceptre - for 27 GBP on the site (US/ROW price)...printed out my reciept and all set, used Amex, don't have/use paypal.

When can I expect my book? thanks again for the help mate ... I actually already purchased a DB9 and really enjoy the car, it compliments my GT2 very well and both are quite special in their own ways ... I put up a thread about my DB9 here on this forum... check it out here ---> https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tory-pics.html
Hi Sunir, thanks for ordering the book, it takes around a week via airmail, so should be with you by next weekend. Love the combination of a 996GT2 and a DB9, as you say they compliment each other perfectly.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Grant3
Hi Sunir, thanks for ordering the book, it takes around a week via airmail, so should be with you by next weekend. Love the combination of a 996GT2 and a DB9, as you say they compliment each other perfectly.
thank you Grant I tend to think so also. They are both special in their own ways. I also have a touring car that I campaigned it's a BMW M3 Lightweight or CSL, I love that car on track and use it when I instruct with students nowadays, at the ripe old age of 36 and having put a few seasons of racing behind me it's nice to give back. I am a huge fan of VW/Audi also...use a VW 337 to get about in the city and whatnot.. love the GTI what a car!

I look forward to reading your book Grant...thank you for writing it I've heard so many wonderful things...as Racer_X said it's nice to know one "of us" wrote it...one of the reasons why I bought it immidately to support a fellow forum member and AM enthusiast

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New era Aston Book