Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm module location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
The DB9/S and V8V all came with the same modules, just you needed to know if you had a low spec module, or high spec with inclination module..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
dirkdaddy is infamous around these parts
I replaced the module as folk here suggested with one from ebay and it has solved the problem! Now I just found out the rear wheel has a crack in it. DOH! wonder how much that will cost!!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:30 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I just did my 2007 Vantage last night, my alarm was going off repeatedly and I was getting the dash error message. Found the solution here in this thread (thanks guys!) and this was so easy - if you have a floor jack and can remove a wheel you can do this - that I can't imagine a dealer charging $ 300 to $ 400 to install one of these.

I also swapped out my brake pads all around for some EBC Red Ceramics, tired of dealing with the brake dust from the stockers. I used to think BMW's were easy to swap pads out, but the Brembos on the Aston are so simple to do I could teach a 7 year old to do it. AMAZING how fast they are, and easy. Again, the hardest part is jacking the car and taking a wheel off....lol

Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Christiaan0922 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by irish07
The DB9/S and V8V all came with the same modules, just you needed to know if you had a low spec module, or high spec with inclination module..
Irish07

What's the longest time period these alarm modules have been known to last? I have a 2007 DB9, with zero issues so far, but will ready myself for the replacement if it's inevitable.

Great thread btw
thanks in advance
Christiaan

Old 08-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Time frame is 4-5 year mark..just enough time to be way off warranty and to far for goodwill...lmao

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 PM
pksjc is infamous around these parts
Just had my siren alarm replaced

Just had my 2007 AM V8 Vantage's alarm siren replaced. I asked the mechanic how to easily remove the wiring harness from the siren. He said the easiest way is to use a slim pick and slide it down the center of the plastic tab holding the wiring socket in the alarm.

Prey it up over the tab at the bottom of socket and pull on the wiring harness socket at the same time. It should come off easily if you cleared the small tab. He also said that the alarm lasts about 3 - 4 years and the main cause of failure is due to the batteries leaking and causing the circuit board to corrode.

I also asked if the car recharges the alarm's batteries and he didn't know. Said it was a great question, but he has no idea.

I'll do it next time myself. I paid $544 USD.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:51 PM
pynhead is infamous around these parts
I've spent the better part of the last week researching the dreaded "alarm service required" malady in order to find a solve. It sounded like it was 100% likely to be the alarm control module so i ordered that and installed it a couple days ago....Here's what i've done and where things stand as i seek the forum's help navigating to next steps:

1. After sitting for 10 days (without the charger attached) my 2011 Rapide decided to not respond to my Emotion Control Unit signal to disarm and open the door. How do i get in this thing if the battery is dead?

2. I was able to access the engine bay (through some research on reaching the cable thru the front grill and popping the hood in that manner) and charge the battery.

3. After charging the battery (showing full charge) i was still unable to unlock the doors but was able to unlock the rear trunk and managed to crawl into the driver's seat through the back of the car. The "Alarm Service Required" notice was active on the dash display so I located a new Alarm Sounder Module (manufactured in 2017) and installed it in the rear wheel well as carefully described earlier in this thread. At this point the battery is fully charged and the car starts right up....but after opening the doors i'm unable to close them due to the "dead" windows and the risk to ripping the door seals by forcing the doors shut.

4. All the Rapide's settings (aside from the doors/windows) remained intact (MMI and seat settings all maintained memory) however the windows and side-view mirrors remained "dead" and unwilling to operate...so it appears that some of the functions maintained memory...and others not only lost memory but went completely dead in the process of the battery discharging over the 10 days that it remained idle without the charger attached.

5. After some additional research I tried pulling and re-inserting the 4 separate fuses that control each door (2 in the boot and 2 in the cabin under the read driver's seat) which triggered the windows and mirrors to respond to the key activation! Progress!

6. I've recalibrated the windows and everything is working perfectly...except i'm still getting the "alarm service required" notification even after replacing the alarm sounder module.

7. As a test....I went back into the wheel well and disconnected the alarm sounder and was able to lock/unlock doors (and the mirrors collapse as expected) and the car behaves as if the alarm is being activated even though the sounder is not connected? I was under the impression that the car doors would not open if the alarm module was faulty or otherwise not inline within the system? Perhaps I've read this wrong? Clearly...i'm now simply frustrated and confused.

Next Steps:

1. I've ordered an OBD reader that is compatible with the Rapide (and many other Aston Martin vehicles apparently) the Foxwell NT520 which i plan to connect and (potentially) use to reset the dash warnings if possible? has anyone used one of these to diagnose/fix similar (or the same issue) with their Aston?

2. I've tried plugging and unplugging that alarm sounder module in an effort to shock it into being recognized by the Aston...to no avail. Does anyone have any other tricks that don't involve going to the dealer to reset codes?

I would greatly appreciate any insights! Perhaps there's a fuse that controls the alarm system (i was unable to find one in my manual associated to the alarm) which i can connect/disconnect the way i was able to do in order to get the doors/windows/mirrors to work?

Driving this thing to Pebble Beach in 2 weeks...i'd love to get it resolved before driving 1000 miles back and forth to Monterey!

Old 03-11-2019, 10:34 PM
AVSV8V is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pynhead
I've spent the better part of the last week researching the dreaded "alarm service required" malady in order to find a solve. It sounded like it was 100% likely to be the alarm control module so i ordered that and installed it a couple days ago....Here's what i've done and where things stand as i seek the forum's help navigating to next steps:

1. After sitting for 10 days (without the charger attached) my 2011 Rapide decided to not respond to my Emotion Control Unit signal to disarm and open the door. How do i get in this thing if the battery is dead?

2. I was able to access the engine bay (through some research on reaching the cable thru the front grill and popping the hood in that manner) and charge the battery.

3. After charging the battery (showing full charge) i was still unable to unlock the doors but was able to unlock the rear trunk and managed to crawl into the driver's seat through the back of the car. The "Alarm Service Required" notice was active on the dash display so I located a new Alarm Sounder Module (manufactured in 2017) and installed it in the rear wheel well as carefully described earlier in this thread. At this point the battery is fully charged and the car starts right up....but after opening the doors i'm unable to close them due to the "dead" windows and the risk to ripping the door seals by forcing the doors shut.

4. All the Rapide's settings (aside from the doors/windows) remained intact (MMI and seat settings all maintained memory) however the windows and side-view mirrors remained "dead" and unwilling to operate...so it appears that some of the functions maintained memory...and others not only lost memory but went completely dead in the process of the battery discharging over the 10 days that it remained idle without the charger attached.

5. After some additional research I tried pulling and re-inserting the 4 separate fuses that control each door (2 in the boot and 2 in the cabin under the read driver's seat) which triggered the windows and mirrors to respond to the key activation! Progress!

6. I've recalibrated the windows and everything is working perfectly...except i'm still getting the "alarm service required" notification even after replacing the alarm sounder module.

7. As a test....I went back into the wheel well and disconnected the alarm sounder and was able to lock/unlock doors (and the mirrors collapse as expected) and the car behaves as if the alarm is being activated even though the sounder is not connected? I was under the impression that the car doors would not open if the alarm module was faulty or otherwise not inline within the system? Perhaps I've read this wrong? Clearly...i'm now simply frustrated and confused.

Next Steps:

1. I've ordered an OBD reader that is compatible with the Rapide (and many other Aston Martin vehicles apparently) the Foxwell NT520 which i plan to connect and (potentially) use to reset the dash warnings if possible? has anyone used one of these to diagnose/fix similar (or the same issue) with their Aston?

2. I've tried plugging and unplugging that alarm sounder module in an effort to shock it into being recognized by the Aston...to no avail. Does anyone have any other tricks that don't involve going to the dealer to reset codes?

I would greatly appreciate any insights! Perhaps there's a fuse that controls the alarm system (i was unable to find one in my manual associated to the alarm) which i can connect/disconnect the way i was able to do in order to get the doors/windows/mirrors to work?

Driving this thing to Pebble Beach in 2 weeks...i'd love to get it resolved before driving 1000 miles back and forth to Monterey!
I know this is super late, but did you ever figure out an answer to this? I have a security alarm service message after a dead battery. The battery is now fully charged, but the pesky signal is still there. Doesn't make sense that the alarm battery would be dead the same time as the main battery was dead (too much of a coincidence), so I am thinking this isn't a sounder problem, but rather something that needs to be reset after the battery dies. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Alpintourer is infamous around these parts
Reset Alarm Notification?

I am in the same situation. Accidentally drained my battery and got both the service and alarm notifications. I reset the service light.
But I don't know how to eliminate the alarm notification. There must be a way to turn this off w/o getting a new module or going to the dealer 200 miles away. Anyone?

Old 05-15-2021, 05:44 PM
convexproblem is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP
Dealer will need to clear the faults in the CEM, untill then fault will be displayed in the dash msg area..
Can anyone else confirm that you need the dealer to clear the "Alarm System Service Required" message? This is probably a dumb question, but how many indies have an AMDS system for doing this (I don't really want to drive 1 hour to go to the dealer just for this...I see people recommending Peninsula European which is probably the closest one to me right now). In some other threads, I see people saying that a module replacement made the message go away on its own.

I just put in a module for which I replaced the battery, and the message doesn't go away. Used a multimeter to confirm that there is voltage to the circuit from the battery.

Last edited by convexproblem; 05-15-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:05 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Try putting a battery charger or maintainer on overnight and lock the vehicle with the remote and check it in the morning.

Old 05-15-2021, 11:26 PM
convexproblem is infamous around these parts
Ah, it went away by itself after I went to Costco and locked the car and came back to it. Awesome, no need to go to the dealer.

Old 05-15-2021, 11:36 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Yes, it just needed the module battery to register the correct voltage to the CEM and by locking the car shuts down every thing to sleep mode. The code will still be stored but all that matters is the message is gone.

Old 06-05-2021, 04:31 PM
Shooter Martin is infamous around these parts
J doubleU, I have a '06 AM DB9 and "alarm system service required" light came on dashboard.I cannot figure out how to post a question for all members to see and saw that your conversation date was current. From what I can gather the module is inside of the driver rear wheel and life expectancy is 41/2-5 years so assuming that it needs to be replaced. I Live in Buffalo NY so the car is kept on a trickle charger for the winter months and never went dead. I would appreciate any input that you might have on fixing this including where to source part. Closest AM dealer is 2 hours away in Toronto Canada and the border has been closed for over a year now due to "the Corona".
Thank you for your anticipated help
Tom

Old 06-05-2021, 05:26 PM
You need to figure out which model you have, meaning Low Spec. or High spec. If its original most have an paint mark with a corresponding letter L or H. It is located in the LH wheel arch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alarm module location?