Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm module location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 07:15 PM
convexproblem is infamous around these parts
As I wrote in the other thread about alarm module battery replacement, as far as I can tell from calling a bunch of Volvo and AM dealers, the original part isn't made anymore, so you'll need to get the updated part from Volvo if you want a new one (which I recommend if you aren't going to tear into it to replace the battery, you definitely want a new battery to avoid the hassle of replacing the part again). If you don't need to drive your car, you can pull the module out first to check which one it is.

The updated Volvo part number for low spec is 30659892, and the high spec with tilt sensor is 30659894. If you want to replace the battery or upgrade the battery, the low spec alarm is a 4 cell (4.8V) NiMH rated at 240mAh and the high spec is a 5 cell (6.0V) NiMH rated at 140mAh. I put a 400mAh battery in mine (low spec) to make it hopefully last longer, because I really did not enjoy undoing the nuts holding the alarm to the car, and one of the screws holding in my fender liner just spins without coming out.

Last edited by convexproblem; 06-05-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:01 AM
Shooter Martin is infamous around these parts
Thank you.....pulled wheel and located siren control module . I purchased the car is '06 with 2500 miles on it and original owner was not aware of any service that was done to the car. There is not a paint mark on this to determine if it is low or high spec so trying to figure out thru serial number SCFAD01A06GA04070 is this an option

?

Old 06-07-2021, 10:19 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
If you have the high-spec alarm you'll have a button on the end of the dash -- driver side -- to disable the motion sensor. You have to open the door to find the button.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:21 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Your car is a high spec.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:47 AM
The only buttons on the drivers side of dash are trunk release and fuel door release. Reading yvr's post I would say that I have a low spec but reading l doubleU I would assume a high spec?

Old 06-07-2021, 12:59 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
It's literally on the side of the dash facing out the door, hidden/unreachable when the door is closed.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:09 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
VIN you posted shows high spec alarm fitted. According to my source.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Perfect.....thank you. I removed unit from car and was surprised that car started so moved it off lift but read that all that is really needs is to replace the battery inside of the control module? I will take it apart later and investigate.
Thanks for all your help so far!!

Old 06-07-2021, 02:42 PM
I don't think it hurts to open it up and see if it's damaged beyond repair or if it just needs a battery. A lot of people on the internet saw all the way around the seam but you really only need to lightly saw a small portion (I suggest going for one of the corners with a hacksaw blade or a small serrated knife, you don't need to saw all the way through, esp. since you might damage the circuit board), then you can pry it apart with a screwdriver. It takes a few minutes to replace the battery and glue it back together.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:27 PM
I was able to pry open the YWK500050 alarm siren and locate the battery without any damage. I have no idea where to source the battery that is in it and was able to find another YWK500070 which was the predecessor to the YWK500050 but the British company I ordered it thru just sent me an email saying that it is no longer available. All that I really want to do is not have that warning light on dashboard that has to be cleared every time you start the car. Am I able just to bypass this alarm all together to clear the warning.....I do not drive this car that often and would be fine with no alarm in car at all? Or where I could find the battery?
Thanks,
Tom

Old 06-16-2021, 07:55 PM
The battery looks like this right? https://industrialbatterypros.com/va...mah-nimh-pack/

That's a direct replacement. Nickel metal hydride is the most common and cheap rechargeable battery so you can just grab any and wire it. Here's a 400mAh I found on Amazon, which seems to be the smallest pre-assembled pack (you can also buy individual cells and connect them, but that's extra work):
Amazon Amazon

That's how I fixed my alarm, got a 400mAh battery on eBay, cut the connector off, and soldered the wires to the original connector, then glued the battery into the case. The high spec alarm module I think has the battery attached to the PCB, so you can solder the wires straight to the original terminals.

And again, like I said in previous posts, if you don't want to do a battery replacement, you can buy a brand new updated Volvo alarm: https://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/...siren-30659894

Last edited by convexproblem; 06-16-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:38 AM
Here is a pic of my battery and inside of my siren. I am not opposed to buying a new one you are sure that it will work (looks kinda grody). Existing is Volvo YWK500050 and you believe that after cross referencing that the http://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/o...siren-30659894 will work in its place and turn off that alarm code on dashboard.I also included pic of wiring plug on car to alarm.
Thank you,
Tom

Old 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
Oh, that's different. It looks like a 6 cell battery (7.2V), and you have some corrosion on the PCB which may have destroyed some of the traces, which won't be fun to repair. The connector picture doesn't help, all the alarms have a 3 pin connector.

I don't know if the part I cross referenced can help you then, because that one seems to be a replacement for the alarms that a few users on this forum have swapped the battery for while yours looks different on the inside. Maybe try buying this one: https://parts.landroverpalmbeach.com...YWK500050.html

If it were me, I would open the brand new one up and just make sure the battery actually works and take note of what it looks like so you can immediately order a battery next time it dies (and don't use the car for a long time with the alarm system service required message, because you'll increase the chance that the battery leaks, better replace the battery ASAP).

I think it's possible that the 6V version of the high spec alarm with tilt sensor will work, but you would be spending 200 bucks to find out, so better to get the correct part.

Last edited by convexproblem; 06-17-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:35 PM
Thank you, I just ordered part from your suggested dealer and will touch base when received.....I searched high/low for that part # YWK500050 I even called my friends at my local Land Rover dealership.

Old 06-18-2021, 06:46 AM
It looks like I am back to square one....

The status of your order has changed and we wanted to keep you up to date:Thank you for your order, unfortunately this part is no longer available. We have updated our catalog to reflect these changes. We will be canceling your order and issuing a refund. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Your Land Rover Parts Team.

Any further advise will be greatly appreciated

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alarm module location?