Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm module location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 03:53 PM
convexproblem is infamous around these parts
Ouch.

I would go buy the other hi spec alarm that other people have (Volvo PN 30659894 for new, Ford/LR/Jag/AM 6G9N-19G229 used) and plug it in to see if it works, since I'm sure someone else will have a failed alarm soon and can buy it off you if it doesn't. If it doesn't work, then clean those corroded areas of the PCB and see if there's enough copper left to flow a bit of solder onto the traces, maybe use some small bits of wire to connect any broken areas. Yours doesn't look that bad, unlike mine which looked like alien blood ate through the whole thing. Then grab any small 7.2V nimh pack off amazon or ebay and hook it up, then hook it up to the car and press the lock button, and then see if the message goes away. If the used one doesn't work, you'll have to open it up to check if it's corroded or has a dead battery too, and replace with a 6V NiMH to be sure it doesn't work.

Last edited by convexproblem; 06-19-2021 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:46 AM
Shooter Martin is infamous around these parts
I am gonna try another tack and see if it works unless you know that it won’t. My original alarm module is Volvo YWK500050 out of a ‘06 AM DB9, I found a YWK500040 out of a ‘05 AM DB9. Was thinkin of tryin that and if not put it back on EBay and resell unless you tell me not to waste my time.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:05 PM
I really would not buy the YWK500040, that's the low spec alarm (I know because my V8V alarm was marked YWK500040 and it's low spec). You need a high spec alarm, I would give the 30659894 maybe like a 60% chance of working since it looks the same as the YWK500050 on the outside, has the same functionality, and seems to have been fitted to other Aston Martin DB9/V8Vs, whereas everyone seems to think the YWK500040 will definitely not work.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:40 PM
When I ordered the correct replacement Volvo YWK500050 from Rimmer Bros out of Britain they had said that it was superseded by part number Volvo YWK500070 but were out of stock with no new arrival. I think that I found Volvo YWK500070 on ebay but before I pull the trigger I want to run this part number by you?
I would be fine just disconnecting alarm all together if it would get that warning light off my dashboard.
Thank you for all your help on this issue

Old 06-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Says alarm with tilt sensor and looks identical to all the other alarms, so I say give it a shot. If they tell you it's the new part number, I think that's a good sign. If you could open it up for everyone to see here, that would be another bit of information so we know if the 6V and 7.2V alarms are interchangeable.

Disconnecting the alarm doesn't make the message go away unfortunately, at least not on my car. I don't have the alarm turned on, but I fixed mine to get rid of the message.

Old 06-22-2021, 06:29 PM
I just ordered it from UK so will get it mid-July. When I install it what do I need to do to clear message on dashboard. Will it clear itself, do I need to disconnect battery (reboot)? After I test it and am assured that it works (hopefully) I will take it back out and provide you with whatever information that you want.....I would prefer not cutting it open but I certainly will if you believe it would be helpful.
Tom

Old 06-23-2021, 08:36 AM
RUH RO, this part is not available either.There is another one available but shipping alone is over $100 from Lithuania (assuming that he has nos in his possession).....I will keep the search up for another 30 days than pull the expensive trigger.

​​​​​​Unfortunately we cannot supply any of the parts on your order as the
supplier has informed us that they are unavailable.

Your order has been cancelled and refunded to your payment card.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:04 PM
I just ordered a used Volvo YWK500070 out of Germany thinking that even though the Lithuania expensive ones are NOS they would still have batteries in them that are many years old. My thoughts are to make sure it works then dissect it to replace batteries (so I know for a fact what I have) and am hoping that you will help me find replacement batteries when we see them?
Tom

Old 07-11-2021, 03:11 PM
Update to this thread for others with same problem.
I own a '06 Aston Martin DB9 and experienced a fault on my dashboard on startup saying "Alarm System Service Required" and after much investigation turns out (by checking vin number) I have a high spec alarm original number Volvo YWK500050 which is no longer made but discovered that Volvo YWK500070 is the direct replacement number. I live in the states but was finally able to find a used one in Germany and had it shipped to me. I just installed it and turns out that it works without issue.....the dash warning light went off immediately. I have decided to source a replacement battery (because its at least 10 years old) and fabricate a way to mount it outside of alarm enclosure due to it destroying wiring in alarm when battery deteriorates.
The battery is;
Vaeta 7.2V 240mAH
6/v250H NiMH
if anyone has a suggestion on where to buy one

Old 07-11-2021, 03:52 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Old 07-12-2021, 09:11 AM
Thank you

Old 07-13-2021, 03:24 AM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
This has been happening to my 2006 v8 vantage recently (driver door module intermittently not working, alarm module warning stored in the computer and error showing on the dash). Interesting that the dealership did not know of the alarm module battery going bad and needing replacement. This forum is a lifesaver! Sounds like I need to open up my alarm module and try to change the battery since these parts aren’t made anymore.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:48 AM
dyc1007, yes I have found that this website is extremely helpful. I also realized that most Aston cars are specked out a bit differently even in the same year model, probably because they are not mass produced (like Ford or GM) so different parts are used to achieve same results depending on exactly when car was made. What I would suggest to you (if your handy with a wrench) is locate the alarm module, mine was in driver wheel well underneath the large plastic wheel well molding that is held on by several torx bit screws. Look for any model numbers on unit and start your search.....I found mine on Ebay from a seller in Germany (it was specked on a 2012 Land Rover). Good Luck!!

Old 07-14-2021, 12:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I'm often sent inquires concerning info for the Low Spec vs High Spec alarm modules.

Thought I'd just post what information I have into this thread.

Low Spec = No Inclination/No Tilt
High Spec = With Inclination/ With Tilt

The above sirens would of been optioned during build spec selection, so really any of the VH models can have either an Low Spec or High Spec siren.

Yes, your AM dealer can do a VIN search and provide you the correct option for which alarm siren was equipped to your ride.

*I'm blurred on this statement, been awhile so don't quote me on this..* - The black plastic Volvo alarm siren(enclosed in black metal box) was fitted to the 04MY-06MY. The black plastic siren shares the same connector as the newer metal FoMoCo sirens BUT the mounting bracket is different and in a slight different location. In theory, you should be able to update the siren to the newer model BUT would require newer bracket from Aston ( no idea if bracket fits or if the car needs a new Config file update). The newer bracket is 6G33-13828-AC..Aston also came out with a bracket to adapt the new siren to an old siren vehicle for the Vantage, I've never seen the bracket in person but part number is 6G33-13828-BA. The adapter bracket seems more in cost than the newer style bracket, so I'm not sure if the newer bracket fit or if something like the wire lead needs to be modified. Nonetheless, I leave you with that info to decide...

The newer FoMoCo sirens where a metal casing. Before installing replacing an alarm siren I would also verify it was equipped with tilt or without tilt. Fitting a no-tilt siren to a vehicles config'd for with-tile would result in a error in cluster along with a DTC stored in CEM module. Being the sirens do not have the Am part numbers, I would compare the "suffix" of the siren to determine with the siren in hand matched before install.

The metal FoMoCo siren with -Cx was the Low Spec, the siren with -Dx was the High Spec. The "x" will change depending on the superseded part but while I was at the dealer, (left in 2018) the C and D has always played true to my rule.

Something little more interesting which I was never allowed to try while working for a multiple branded dealer. The Land Rover shares the same sirens for the Volvo black plastic(enclosed in black metal box) and metal the FoMoCo versions, except they were a more updated version in the superseded part numbers.

The black plastic Volvo version(enclosed in black metal box) from LR:
NO TILT/LOW Spec = YWK500060 (433mhz)
WITH TILT/HIGH SPEC = YWK500070 (433mhz)
LR references 433mhz, this should be the same for all of the Americas, not sure if other regions would require a 315mhz, I only have access to connections in LR North America so I don't know if a 315mhz even exists. (My thoughts are 433mhz is the only option..but I could be wrong..)

The metal newer FoMoCo Part number for LR sirens:
NO TILT/LOW SPEC = LR018493
WITH TILT =/HIGH SPEC = LR067841

Again..I've never tested the LR siren in the Aston models but it had matched previous superseded FoMoCo part numbers, which lead me to the conclusion it should work (The Volvo units I did not replace often so I could not make a list of matching numbers, although the Volvo part number seems to carry over into the other brands). I've searched for the FoMoCo sirens from LR with the latest above part numbers, the C and D rule don't seem to apply to fullest. If we focused on the High Spec LR version, the newer part LR067841 has a B suffix but the sirens superseded version had the D suffix (take that for what's it's worth). As for the FoMoCo Low Spec newest LR part LR018493, it seems to still carry the C suffix.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 08-20-2021, 04:11 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Had some time today to get my alarm module out. Turns out I have low spec in plastic box with a metal enclosure bracket. Upon taking off the metal enclosure, I was able to easily remove the plug. Question I have is how did you all pry open the box? Did you have to cut it open? I tried prying it a bit but the flat head screwdriver seemed to just eat into the plastic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alarm module location?