Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm module location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 05:23 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Applying brute force and a lot of prying mainly in the corner near the plug and I got it to open. Think this can be cleaned and reused? Looks pretty bad to me.

The part number is ywk500040 which based on what I read here is low spec. But I do have the button on the side of my dash. So I am not sure what is what.

Last edited by dyc1077; 08-20-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:45 PM
ham4slice is infamous around these parts
Running into the same challenge that dyc1077 is having; determining if my car have high or low spec alarm? I have the Reduce Guard button on the end of the dash, which would indicate high spec, but my siren/alarm is labeled part # FoMoCo 6G9N-19G229-CE, which would indicate low spec? I have called my local AM parts departments (and several others along the East Coast of the US) and none can determine if my vehicle has the high or low spec alarm. I started with the battery replacement route, but the circuit board looks worse than dyc1077's. I noted a few units for sale on Ebay, and will go that route as needed, but was hoping to get a more current part as they seem to last just a few years (trying to avoid an 'old' part that won't last 5+ years) Car VIN number is SCFBB04B88GD10306. I welcome any insight or thoughts.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:02 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You have a Low Spec alarm module. At least it did when it left the factory.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:08 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
I don’t remember where I purchased but the date stamp was 2019 and I purchased sept 2021.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:30 PM
cbj5259 is infamous around these parts
Assuming this is a problem we will all run into at some point. Given the difficulty in the availability of the parts, is there any downside to just removing the alarm and driving around with the message? Or does this alarm control some vital function? I have no use for a car alarm anyway.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:37 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Absolutely not, disconnect it and disregard the message but if you're going to resale please fix it for the next owner.

Old 11-07-2022, 05:39 PM
BadAst is infamous around these parts
Just wanted to say thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. I just purchased an '05 DB9 with 19k miles. She's gorgeous. But on my 2nd day of ownership the alarm siren went off w/o any intervention and I have the service message on the dash. But thanks to all here I know what to do.

Old 11-08-2022, 08:26 AM
BadAst is infamous around these parts
FYI I called the dealer today and they said the PN for the high spec is 4g43-37-10246 and costs $937.90. I'll be going with the volvo part.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:28 AM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
I replaced my batteries about a year ago. all good since then. If you have the unit out that's half the battle. Some soldiering is required and using the same batteries ( about $10) is necessary. There was a excellent write up with pics on this forum by Wildcat on 04/3/2016

Old 03-05-2023, 09:27 PM
Eric997 is infamous around these parts
I have 2006 V8 Vantage and I just replaced mine. I took mine out and opened it up and the ICB actually had burn marks on the board at the connector from the battery. Not battery leak like some have had. Mine was the high spec. I took it by a repair shop and they thought they might be able to fix it. But instead I decided to purchase a new one. I went with a FoMoCo branded one I found off ebay. The part number on the unit was 6G9N-19G229-DG, but it also came in a bag with a Aston Part number of BG43-37-11254. Seem the 4G43-37-10246 Aston part number is the whole assembly (includes bracket)??? I did have to modify the bracket to fit the FoMoCo version. It was simple enough with a dremel cut off wheel. It fit like a glove believe it or not and I just reused the old bracket mounting bolts/washers. I did just use the side of the bracket that mounts to the vehicle and not the cover with the holes in it for the speaker. The newer one is uniformly thicker, but I could probably have made it work if I wanted to by cutting a bigger hole for the connector...but it seems unnecessary to use it.

The Aston Martin dealer wanted just over $900 and I paid about $240 plus shipping and handling. You might be able to get something closer to $200 new. I went with this one because it had a 2020 date on it as opposed to some older or used ones I saw.

Old 10-07-2023, 04:37 PM
Falcon75 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric997
I have 2006 V8 Vantage and I just replaced mine. I took mine out and opened it up and the ICB actually had burn marks on the board at the connector from the battery. Not battery leak like some have had. Mine was the high spec. I took it by a repair shop and they thought they might be able to fix it. But instead I decided to purchase a new one. I went with a FoMoCo branded one I found off ebay. The part number on the unit was 6G9N-19G229-DG, but it also came in a bag with a Aston Part number of BG43-37-11254. Seem the 4G43-37-10246 Aston part number is the whole assembly (includes bracket)??? I did have to modify the bracket to fit the FoMoCo version. It was simple enough with a dremel cut off wheel. It fit like a glove believe it or not and I just reused the old bracket mounting bolts/washers. I did just use the side of the bracket that mounts to the vehicle and not the cover with the holes in it for the speaker. The newer one is uniformly thicker, but I could probably have made it work if I wanted to by cutting a bigger hole for the connector...but it seems unnecessary to use it.

The Aston Martin dealer wanted just over $900 and I paid about $240 plus shipping and handling. You might be able to get something closer to $200 new. I went with this one because it had a 2020 date on it as opposed to some older or used ones I saw.

Eric997 is there a way I can email you personally for additional information. Or perhaps you can email me at Rally1975@msn.com

Old 10-19-2023, 06:48 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
I just replaced my alarm module with a high-spec (like the original one) but I am still getting the "alarm service requested" message. Is there any procedure to complete after the replacement to make the message go away? Thank you.

Old 10-19-2023, 06:57 PM
If it's been on the shelf for a bit, the battery needs to charge-up in the new module. And you want to lock with the remote and allow the vehicle to goto sleep. If it's not better after overnight you may have to clear codes out of the CEM.

Old 10-19-2023, 06:58 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
It's a new unit from 2023, so I assume the battery is charged.
I'll have the look at the CEM and see if there is any pending codes.
Thank you!

Old 11-01-2023, 07:33 PM
Hamodi is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone for the very interesting and informative thread. I have the same alarm system service error on my 2005 DB9. I managed to remove the alarm module today and it's the black plastic Volvo unit, high-spec with tilt (YWK500050). I've opened it up and unfortunately it's leaked on the circuit board so I'm now looking for a spare. I can't seem to find any YWK500050 and I believe it was superseeded by YWK500070 which also can't be located. There's a lot of low spec ones (YWK500040 or YWK500060) available for sale but that's no good for me. So I have a few questions if anyone knows the answers please:

1. Is there any alternative Ford/Volvo/Land Rover/Jaguar part number I can searching to find a similar high-spec black plastic unit? I've come across similar looking 7H22-19G229-AA but I believe that's also low spec?
2. Can anyone confirm whether the newer metal silver design high-spec can be used instead? Is it just that the bracket needs to be modified?

Many thanks in advance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alarm module location?