Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm module location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Hamodi is infamous around these parts
Just thought I would update you guys in case someone else finds this useful in the future. So I couldn't find any replacement black plastic high-spec tilt Volvo siren YWK500050 or YWK 500070. I ended up buying a metal high-spec tilt FoMoCo siren from a Range Rover 6G9N-19G229-DG. Used examples can be found as cheap as £15 on eBay, although it may be worth swapping out the battery for a new one (and perhaps trying to mount the battery externally so it can be easily replaced and doesn't leak acid and fry the circuit board in few years time). I had to modify the old bracket slightly to make the new-style siren fit but it was very straightforward. Alarm system service message has gone and I tested the siren is working by waving my hand inside the cabin with the car locked and window open.

Old 02-11-2024, 10:32 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by EJ_Rapide
It's a new unit from 2023, so I assume the battery is charged.
I'll have the look at the CEM and see if there is any pending codes.
Thank you!
My alarm error message finally went away...
Don't ask me how I did it because I have no idea

Old 06-27-2024, 02:44 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hamodi
Just thought I would update you guys in case someone else finds this useful in the future. So I couldn't find any replacement black plastic high-spec tilt Volvo siren YWK500050 or YWK 500070. I ended up buying a metal high-spec tilt FoMoCo siren from a Range Rover 6G9N-19G229-DG. Used examples can be found as cheap as £15 on eBay, although it may be worth swapping out the battery for a new one (and perhaps trying to mount the battery externally so it can be easily replaced and doesn't leak acid and fry the circuit board in few years time). I had to modify the old bracket slightly to make the new-style siren fit but it was very straightforward. Alarm system service message has gone and I tested the siren is working by waving my hand inside the cabin with the car locked and window open.
So the YWK500050 version is the high-spec one with the inclination?

Old 07-03-2024, 09:59 PM
Weird thing: I lifted my car today when reworking the side markers (it was locked) and the alarm kicked in... even though I have the alarm error message on the dash